October 26, 2014 | 1069 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by joya12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I've been using this product for a three years. I use the tan one. I have pretty sensitive skin and combo too so i have to be careful wat i use. I use this like a bronzer
    P.S. i also use a lighter color with it on certain areas to create a more dimensional look

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by SoSleepy

I love this powder on days when I have no time to get ready. It covers pretty well, I'd call it medium coverage. My only complaints are that it doesn't stay on all day and the color selection is pretty limited. Overall, I like it though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I have this in 102 nude buff. The color match is really good for me. On its own it's not enough coverage for me, but its great as a setting powder to my liquid foundation. It provides a little coverage without being too cakey. I do have to touch up my nose and cheeks because it doesn't last there all day. The finish of it is a little powdery but one it sets with my makeup it looks good. The packaging is ugly but I personally don't care much about packaging as long as it doesn't break easily.The applicator it comes with is useless so I use a powder brush. It does feel a little heavy on my skin and has a wierd smell which is why I took off one lippie.No breakouts from it either and I am acne prone. I would definetly repurchase and these are clearanced everywhere right now so I may pick up a few more. I belive they are around $3 at target.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by brigid711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this compact! The lightest shade (102 - Nude Buff) matches my skin tone really well. This is my go-to foundation for "good skin days." That is to say, I use it when I don't have any major blemishes because it gives light to medium coverage. I apply it with my ELF Studio flat top brush, and it makes my skin look lovely. I can apply it quickly, so it is perfect for when I am in a hurry or just need some lighter coverage when running errands and such. I love that it is pressed minerals because I do not like dealing with loose minerals. The staying power is pretty good - I would say it lasts a good 6 - 8 hours which is about as long as any foundation ever lasts on me.

I am lucky that the 102 shade matched my skin tone - there are only 5 or 6 shades to choose from. Like any powder, if you over-apply, it will be noticeable. I guess it is odd that the mirror is underneath the product, but that doesn't bother me personally because I hardly ever use the mirror. It would be nice if the package was a bit slimmer.

Overall, I think this is a great product, and I have already purchased a backup!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by tamini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I couldn't remember why I stopped using this product (initially, I really liked it...), but then I bought one again and then it hit me...
    First, the packaging makes me angry because they put the mirror under the compact. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT? It's absolutely the worst place to put the mirror because you have to constantly flip to get powder/look at your face. The sponge is garbage too. I used a brush instead.
    The coverage is medium-ish, and the consistency was a little bit creamy. Their shades were pretty dark, but I found that the lightest shade that I could find, 102 - nude buff (I think), was a good match for my summer skin (not so much for my winter skin, though...).
    It did get a bit muddy and orange after a few hours which made me sad. It felt a little heavy on my face too. I was always really glad to wash that stuff off of my face. The price was not that bad for drugstore makeup. It was about $8.50-$9 in CVS.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Picked this up in my quest for an everyday light-ish foundation since I usually use the heavier MAC Studio Tech. So far, I love the price (about $6 at Target), the texture (very velvety powder), and coverage (light to medium). I'm not thrilled with the applicator (but that's true of most DS cosmetics from powder to eyeshadow) or the mirror placement in the compact.

Short term: It seems to do fine on my dry, flaky, pale winter skin.

UPDATE: Minus another lippie because, man, does this stuff leave me greasy by the end of the day. Seriously, I am one big oil slick--oilier than if I went without makeup at all. (How does that work??) Of course that's after about ten hours without touching up, but still!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by uhhtrinh

When I first brought this product I fell in love because it gave me great coverage. However, I started to get bumps on my face from it & it broke me out. It's buildable coverage but if you apply too much, it WILL look chalky. The color selection is okay, wish they had more shades. It did not last all day, roughly about 8 hours for me before it started to look "muddy". Packaging is sturdy, but it does get powdery inside.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

I always wondered how a powder can be CREAMY.But now I know. Most powders are pretty darn dry and if you have oily skin all over your face,you'll powders like that.But if youre like me,when you wear a powder you notice all the dry spots on your face,then this powder might be the one for you because it manages to be creamy.(Seriously how does a powder be creamy?) It's very light to the touch and doesnt cake up on my skin.Best part is that it doesnt show any dry spots.It provides wonderful coverage and the color selection is awesome.I managed to find a shade that fits me pretty well and that is Honey Beige. Im a Mac NC42/C40 and a Bobbi Brown Warm Natural. If youre my shade in MAC and you dont know what to choose,go for Honey Beige.They are pretty similar.Hope that helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Parioftroy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this product and immediately fell in love with it after the first application. I bought the compact in Honey Beige and it's a perfect match for my medium skin tone with yellow under tones. It's not as finely-milled as higher end compacts, but it could be because it's a mineral powder that's talc-free. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging. The applicator and mirror is under the powder, which makes applying the powder a little difficult because you'd have to swipe and then lift up to look at yourself in the mirror. I guess that wouldn't be a problem if you're applying in front of a large mirror. I took off one lippie for the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by starlakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this at the recommendation of beauty broadcast. this is not my favorite pressed powder foundation.

i gave it a 3 because it's not a bad product, just not my fave. color match is okay, and coverage seems good. my problem is that it feels kind of drying on my face. i usually apply my powder foundation with a kabuki brush. when i used a kabuki with the milani powder, it gave me a "powdered" appearance, didn't settle into my skin, caked up around the eyes, and made my skin feel dry.

i decided to give it a go with some different brushes. nothing really seemed to help. i also tried using heavier moisturizer, too.

what i do now is just take my eco tools powder brush and gently pick up some of the powder and use it to set my bare minerals. the powder brush picks up a really thin layer and smooths it onto my skin. coverage is really nice that way and it's not cakey or drying. so at least i'm getting my use out of the product!

i wouldn't buy this again, though.