April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush, its hairs are soft and it blends brush and bronzer very well. It's lasted me several years. The only con is that its hairs fall out A LOT and get stuck to my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Im a blush fanatic, and just having this brush seems right. Although I do love the size of this brush and its fluffiness, it's scratchy. For it being a very well-made brush, it's not the softest. I dont know why I didnt return it a long time back, wish I could but its too late now. I love everything about it cuz it places blush right, but its just scratchy even with countless times washing it. Ehhhhhhh

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by anna214

I use this brush every day for applying powder blush. It's definitely the best brush I've used, but lately I find it's become scratchy so I'm on the hunt for a softer one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite blush brushes. I love the shape of the brush, its so well made. The bristles are shaped so well and rounded, its fluffy and just a breeze to use for blush. Sometimes I would turn it around in my hand and admire how nice it looked.

The only thing I don't like about it is the bristles are not as soft as I would like it to be. Sigma brushes do feel softer, so do taklon bristles.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by LynnMode

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this brush for years now (I think it's the same one.) It does apply blush well, no complaints. Don't really know if it's scratchy, since I only use it on my cheeks and I'm not sensitive there like my eyes.

I'm writing this because, after reading the reviews, I do remember it used to shed a lot. Now it never does. One night I decided to comb the bristles after shampooing and drying it. I thought I probably wasn't supposed to do that, but I was tired of the brush shedding. So I combed the brush and it seemed to shed forever while I was combing it. I gave up and used it again anyway because I had nothing else. Can't remember if shedding stopped at this point but I did shampoo, dry, and comb again. I think that's what worked for me. The brush finally stopped shedding. It might be a lot to go through, but please try combing the brush before throwing it out. It works great now!

EDIT: Brush still sheds, but not that much, not worth throwing out to buy a new brush. Maybe after I've purchased all other brushes I want, I'll get another blush brush. It still works well for application!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by springsheen

This is my favourite brush for blush, it blends in the blush perfectly and is just the right size. However mine does shed a little after washing it, but after using it, it does stops shedding so it's not really a problem to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kimmation

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After using a crummy blush brush for years I finally decided to get a proper Mac brush and picked up a 129. I don't know how I missed it in my research, but this brush sheds like mad. I've only had it for about three weeks and after every time I use it there are stray hairs on my cheeks. It's very annoying. I love the long handle, but I'm going to have to take this back to Mac and maybe pickup one by Bobbi Brown. I bought her smudge/crease brush last month and I'm loving the quality of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by hodesa11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Personally, I had no shedding problems with this brush. But, it is way to prickly for me, and it is also too big if you have a small face. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by hautecouture09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far so good! I really love this brush. I washed mine right when I got it and the shedding is very minimal. It is also very soft. Just what I wanted as it is very versitile.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Anaterma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

it does shed a lot. bought mine in Stockholm duty free shop. i use it only to powder up my lips after applying a blam, or a lipstick, for matte look, and it leaves all sizes of hairs all over my face. And since it costed me 40 something bucks - i'm rly dissapointed.