MAC #129 Powder/Blush Brush

on 2/10/2012 6:05:00 AM

Great brush, I use it to apply blush and highlighter (both Bobbi Brown).
It's great for applying on apples of cheeks but also on the cheek bone which is great.
Sheds a little after first wash, now after 3 months- less.
Not so expensive, fluffy, soft amazing brush!

on 2/9/2012 6:41:00 AM

every time I use it there are stray hairs on my cheeks. HORRİBLE PRODUCT...

on 12/15/2011 10:43:00 AM

HG blush brush. Great to place, blend out and doesn't shed much. I've had mine for three years now, it's still going strong. I'm always choked when it's too dirty to use...

on 10/31/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this brush, its hairs are soft and it blends brush and bronzer very well. It's lasted me several years. The only con is that its hairs fall out A LOT and get stuck to my makeup.

on 10/25/2011 10:17:00 PM

Im a blush fanatic, and just having this brush seems right. Although I do love the size of this brush and its fluffiness, it's scratchy. For it being a very well-made brush, it's not the softest. I dont know why I didnt return it a long time back, wish I could but its too late now. I love everything about it cuz it places blush right, but its just scratchy even with countless times washing it. Ehhhhhhh

on 10/3/2011 3:16:00 AM

I use this brush every day for applying powder blush. It's definitely the best brush I've used, but lately I find it's become scratchy so I'm on the hunt for a softer one.

on 9/27/2011 10:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is one of my favourite blush brushes. I love the shape of the brush, its so well made. The bristles are shaped so well and rounded, its fluffy and just a breeze to use for blush. Sometimes I would turn it around in my hand and admire how nice it looked.

The only thing I don't like about it is the bristles are not as soft as I would like it to be. Sigma brushes do feel softer, so do taklon bristles.

on 8/10/2011 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've had this brush for years now (I think it's the same one.) It does apply blush well, no complaints. Don't really know if it's scratchy, since I only use it on my cheeks and I'm not sensitive there like my eyes.

I'm writing this because, after reading the reviews, I do remember it used to shed a lot. Now it never does. One night I decided to comb the bristles after shampooing and drying it. I thought I probably wasn't supposed to do that, but I was tired of the brush shedding. So I combed the brush and it seemed to shed forever while I was combing it. I gave up and used it again anyway because I had nothing else. Can't remember if shedding stopped at this point but I did shampoo, dry, and comb again. I think that's what worked for me. The brush finally stopped shedding. It might be a lot to go through, but please try combing the brush before throwing it out. It works great now!

EDIT: Brush still sheds, but not that much, not worth throwing out to buy a new brush. Maybe after I've purchased all other brushes I want, I'll get another blush brush. It still works well for application!

on 7/29/2011 8:37:00 AM

This is my favourite brush for blush, it blends in the blush perfectly and is just the right size. However mine does shed a little after washing it, but after using it, it does stops shedding so it's not really a problem to me.

on 7/20/2011 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After using a crummy blush brush for years I finally decided to get a proper Mac brush and picked up a 129. I don't know how I missed it in my research, but this brush sheds like mad. I've only had it for about three weeks and after every time I use it there are stray hairs on my cheeks. It's very annoying. I love the long handle, but I'm going to have to take this back to Mac and maybe pickup one by Bobbi Brown. I bought her smudge/crease brush last month and I'm loving the quality of it.