October 2, 2014 | 1902 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Laventine - Olive Forte Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaD

I love Laventine's Olive Forte cleansing oil. I have used it for a long time & have repurchased again & again. It's that good for my combo-dry skin. This completely dissolves makeup & water resistant sunscreen, while conditioning my skin at the same time. No dryness or tightness to my skin, & no need for toner. It is also water soluble, so it rinses off completely for me. No need to follow up w/ another cleanser like I have had to w/ other cleansing oils. Another positive, as far as I'm concerned, is the simplicity of this product. Nothing fancy in the ingredients list, just a few simple ones (Olive Oil, Olive Oil Esters, Olive Squalene & Vitamin E)... & no essential oils, which is good news for those of us who can't tolerate them. It is packaged in a bottle w/ a pump that locks, which allows me to take this w/ me when I travel & not worry about spillage. This cleanser isn't all that expensive considering how long it lasts me, but it isn't inexpensive either at $24.95 for 8 oz. However, it only takes 2-3 pumps to cleanse my face. So, one bottle really does last for a while. I've tried other cleansing oils, such as DHC, Shu Uemura & MAC, but I prefer Laventine. My skin responds to it better, though these other cleansing oils are decent too (though DHC worked better for me than Shu & MAC). Ordering online is easy, & turn-around time is fast. I can order & receive within a week. Great stuff. For anyone w/ my skin type who wants to try a cleansing oil, I recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by greenparkranger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I work outdoors and wear lots sunblock and this has been a life saver for me. It takes everything off even before using water - makeup and all just dissolves into the oil, then warm water will rinse the oil off without using soap. Of course you can use a toner or something to make your skin really squeaky clean, but when I'm lazy I'll skip it and nothing much happens at all. I live in Vancouver and it used to take about 2 weeks to deliver, but now they ship my order from Toronto and it takes 4-5 days maximum and I'm really happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleansing oil a few years now with great success. The trick is to use an after cleaner to remove any residual oil. This is especially key for the acne prone, like me. I started off using the oily/comb oil, but didn't like it. I thought all the oils would be the same. There not. This is a bit thicker and works better at cutting through makeup and sunscreen, if first applied without water. Since it is water soluble and will wash away before doing its job, if you add water first.
Update: I use this great product in the morning now too. It is really great at removing overnight spot treatments, without a lot of scrubbing.
Update: I have new use for this. It effortlessly cleans my liquid foundation brush, better than the Mac Brush cleaner. I follow with the brush cleaner, to remove the oil residue. Excellent stuff for makeup wearers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by southern_o_belle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite cleansing oil. I've tried DHC, Shu Uemura, and Fancl. DHC is very close to this, but a bit sticky and darker in color, otherwise with similar cleansing power and water solubility. Laventine is a bit less expensive per ounce wise as it comes in a slightly bigger bottle. Shu's not as gentle as Laventine and way too expensive. Fancl is close to Shu, nothing special, and with very short shelf life, its a hassel to keep and I had to throw out half bottle after only 3 months of use. So if you like DHC, you'll love Laventine, it's the best!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Yuccal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to use cream cleaser to remove makeup, but this is much more effective, especially makeup loaded with silicon or water-proof stuff. Now I'm hooked on this natural cleansing oil. It's such a simple idea and works better for me than other more fussy formulas. My face feels clean and pampered. I do use a toner, too. Old habbits die hard.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by freespiritvalley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful product! I mean, it's not only removing all trace of makeup/sunblock, it's all natural, too! I have tried using baby oil to remove eye makeup, and this olive cleanser is way better - my face feels soft and moisturized but not shiny. I use a toner after but nothing comes down to the pad, so it proves the oil really gets rid of everything. But I still like to use the toner just beacuse it smells so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2007 7:03:00 AM More reviews by jaws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product on my oily blackhead skin for several months, I only use it to remove my makeup, which it does wonderfully. It even removes my waterproof makeup. I don't feel that it deeps cleans my skin like I need it to so I stick to my Dr Hauschka products for that task. I like that the product is organic but not that it comes in a plastic bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by scyoc

I've been using this product for over a year and I just want to comment to all those who've tried this and found it left a residue on your skin: I too had that problem until I followed the instructions and used a pump of the oil on my face WITHOUT any water. I didn't wet my face first or anything and the heat of my hands and face warmed the oil well enough to spread without worry...and when I rinsed with lukewarm water after, EVERYTHING came off! So just thought I'd share that-hope it helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2007 6:02:00 AM More reviews by dianew1960

The BEST for removing all makeup! It does leave my skin drier than the DHC oil, but I like the fact it's more natural. The bottle does tend to get messy & I think it should come in a dark bottle instead of clear (like lush bottles) to preserve the oil better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by CathyCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using laventine's cleansing oil about a year ago and always love it. In the beginning I was using the one with lavender scent in a blue bottle, and now I am using the olive forte, the simplest one with 4 ingredients. This is such a no-nonsense cool product - No botanical extracts or preservatives, just pure and simple oil that cleanses like a charm! This would be good for people with sensitive skin as myself.