October 24, 2014 | 1661 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ChristinV11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in conjunction with Purity Cleanser by Philosophy....I feel the exfoliating wash alone is not enough to remove all my makeup but when used after cleansing it's a great combo. I ave oily/acne prone skin that is typically sensitive however I wanted to prevent aging...so I tried Philosophy. LOVE. I use the exfoliating wash once a day, it's a nice boost for my oily skin issues. My skin feels super clean after using both the cleanser and exfoliating wash. My only dislike is the packaging, there's no pump. Oh well. Over all I love it, I will repurchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by r2can2

Best daily exfoliator! I use it every other day, but it is definitely gentle yet effective enough to use it daily. Leaves my skin nice and smooth, but not dry or feeling stretched. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

I finally understand the love for this product. I bought a huge size of this 2 years ago and after trying it the first time i was kinda bummed i bought such a large size. But i'm such a fan of 'Purity' and the reviews for this one were so good i felt confident buying the 32 oz. I used it from time to time, still wasn't loving it, i especially did not love the scent. I do love physical exfoliators but i like them a little less sand-y feeling. But after a while of wearing a sunblock that was clogging me if i didn't wash it off immediately after getting home i started using the philowash. between the enzymes and the grains it did a great job of unclogging the sunblock and left my skin feeling sooooo smooth without feeling like a ripped all the skin off. I now love this cleanser and don't even smell it anymore. love. Oh, and i can start this on dry skin! which is great because i don't have to stand over the sink from face cleanse from start to finish, i give a pump, smooth over skin, use a regular cleaning motion, let it sit until the 30 seconds are up and then rinse off. Perfectly smooth skin without having to actually use a peel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I used this for a few months, and I liked how my skin felt afterwards, but I didn't feel like it exfoliated enough - I know it's not supposed to be like a real scrub, but I would rather just use a regular cleanser, and then the microdelivery 2 step peel a couple times a week, THAT kit does wonders to my skin!

Something I really hated about this cleanser is that the opening in the lid clogs up really fast and all the time. a pump may be better for this cleanser :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

I love this product. I use it every morning in combination with Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser and it is the magical duo for my skin. Any red spots on my face are fading faster, I have less acne, my skin feels like a baby's bottom....I love it. It is gentle and awesome. It is on the pricey side but lasts a LONG time. A pea-dime size blob is enough for your whole face and neck so an 8 oz bottle lasts me like 4-5 months. If you factor in that a normal face wash/exfoliating scrub costs you maybe 4-5 dollars but lasts maybe a month....you really aren't paying any more for this than a drugstore one, you are just using less product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by cammy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using Philosophy's purity made simple cleanser but I needed something that was going to also remove the dead skin cells. I wasn't thrilled at the price tag when I first saw it but figured I would go ahead and try it. I was thoroughly surprised at how great of a job it did for my face.

The beads are small so you are getting a good amount. It did not leave my face red or irritated, only smooth and soft feeling. It is safe to use daily, however, I would not recommend more than once a day. I try to use it every other day and it has helped me tremendously.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh. This stuff is alright...if it were cheaper! But considering the outrageous pricetag which goes along with it, I say save ur hard earned moolah ladies! Ok let's see... is it a gentle exfoliator safe for everyday use? Sure, I don't see why not BUT this stuff won't remove your makeup so you have to use it as an extra step after cleansing just to get a bit of exfoliation lol. Are the ingredients working miracles here? Nope, no way! The only thing I see worth any weight here is water and apple, both of which a consumer can access for far cheaper and in much more concentrated and pure levels anyhow. Seriously now, you can grind up all types of veggies, fruits, nuts and oils to do the same thing if not work better. OR head to any drugstore, read the ingredience list and make a purchase for a fraction of the cost of Philosophy's microdelivery exfoliating wash. This stuff works better than Dove soap for me but hey, that doesn't deserve to dent my (or anyone else) pocketbook!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by realreviewer25

I have a combination skin and very prone to blackheads. I tried Philosophy Purity and it broke me out with an allergic reaction. However, the exfoliator for some reason really works with my skin! I use Neutrogena Deap Clean and then every other day I will use this exfoliate. The beads are very small and theres a lot of them so its really effective in buffing away dead skin cells. The result is smooth, clear, bright skin. I see a vanishing of scars and a clearing of blackheads. It's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

First of all - Philosophy and me have never been able to get along! Pretty much every single product i tried by them caused some kind of a problem so eventually i gave up on the brand and purposly avoided everything they made...even the yummy smelling stuff!
Enter the Microdelivery wash!!! I received my first bottle as a Christmas stocking stuffer a few years ago - grateful and gracious as always i thanked my Mom and proceeded to push this way-way back in the bathroom cabinet. During clear-out time i stumbled on the bottle again and decided it to pass it on to a cousin who was eager to try anything beauty-related (ahhh to be 15 again!). I dont know what posessed me to try this but i am very happy i did - i liked it so much that its now a staple cleanser, used almost daily and luckily clarisonic compatible :)
For reference my skin is combination dry, clog-prone and has some rosacia in the cheek/nose area. So for me this worked like a charm - cleanses beautifully, lightly exfoliates, smoothes, plumps, does not dry out, does not cause breakouts, reduces blackheads and best of all rinses of very easily (i have a weird thing about rinsing!). Its so gentle that i can use it with the Clarisonic or alone on a daily basis and has never caused any irritation or additional redness.
I suspect the low ratings on this are related to expectations one may have of this based on the name itself. If you expect dramatic results overnight then this is not for you - this will exfoliate and refine your skin but it does take some time to appreciate. Its not a peel or a strong chemical exfoliant so it wont blow your socks (or your face) off with a single use but if you treat it as a refining daily cleanser then it will deliver everything it promises. Give it a week or 2 - results will surely follow!
I am so happy with it that my Philosophy ban is relaxing a bit - although i would never give Purity or Hope in a Jar a try again, i might be open to trying the Vitamin C peel...or the Banana Nut Body Wash :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by babyjhudson

Really gentle exfoliator fro my combo skin. Does not dry your skin and it does not make it feel tight after use. I use it every morning and I am surprised with the gentle results in gives. Bit expensive but well worth the money.
Philosophy should include a pump in the smaller bottles as well.
It works best with my Clarisonic.