October 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Pressed Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by MissKiss09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this product in Sephora and read the description it sounded like a dream, exactly what I wanted. I had just recently tried a few other Benefit products and was satisfied with them, so I gave this a shot in Light (01). It just doesn't work for me. It sits on top of my skin, I can see the powder on my face. Doesn't blend in at all and I think it looks terrible. I've tried in on it's own, over foundation, over tinted moisturizer and using both the sponge and a brush, all to the same effect. It's disappointing as I had high expectations for this. Too bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by eanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a remnant product from my bad experiences with You Rebel Lite and Some Kinda Gorgeous.

It's great at correcting the ruddiness/redness in my complexion when used on top of another foundation. By itself, it's a little too yellow for me, and drying.

I use a powder brush to apply it. It makes my pores seem smaller, and holds down the shine for about 4 hours (not the greatest durability, but I have quite an oily t-zone). Perhaps in the winter, it'll last longer.

I am currently using this on top of Clinique Almost Powder #04. It's a little pink for my face, but when I use Get Even #2 over it, it's perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by karlawak

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading so many positive reviews of this product, I finally decided to break down and try it for myself. I am super oily even though I am in my mid-forties and I am always on the hunt for the perfect oil-blotting products. Well, this certainly is not it. Though I am digging in the new packaging, the product itself was nothing but a major disappointment. Went on uber cakey with a weird ashy cast. I picked shade #2. I am a true medium beige complexion and this should have been perfect but it was far from that. The color was off, the texture was off and on top of that it did not absorb oil any more effectively than any other regular powder I have tried. At its $30 price point , this is getting returned to Sephora ASAP.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by J4YDER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first went into boots to buy this product I was really excited about getting it as It showed good reviews. As I do with most, I used it straight over the powder I currently had on and it turned out great, I was really chuffed my skin looked flawless and a perfect shade.
However, the next day I tried it again and was disappointed, it really didn't me the flawless finish I was hoping to create (as it was only blotting powder). I have dry skin, so blotting isn't really necessary for me anyway, therefore I do regret buying this product.
I'm sure it would be fine on oily skin, but on me it just didn't do anything but look caked and enhance the appearance of lines in my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe that I didn't write a review on this... this is one of the few Benefit products that I bought and rebought. I think I'm currently on my 4rd or 5th compact. I have this in Get even 2 and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this pressed powder. Maybe it's because it is more of a yellowish color. It covers redness perfectly on me, and I find that it does "even" me out on days that I don't really use any makeup. I normally use a foundation brush or powder brush to apply it, instead of the sponge that comes with it. I have been using this since my late 20s and I'm in my mid 30s now, so I have been using this at least a good 8 years and I think I will always buy it unless Benefit become stupid and change the formulation xD

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by bebejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG pressed powder!!!
I have used MAC blotting powder since forever and last year I decided to switch it up. I found that MAC's blot powder was good for blotting oil, as the coverage was light, but if you're looking for something with heavier coverage as the product name entails (Get Even), then this is the powder for you! It provides very decent coverage without looking too cakey. I am a very oily lady, so I find that I only have to use this powder to blot my nose and forehead about 2-3 times a day, and back when I was using MAC's powder, I'd be blotting every half hour! I find that it's even better than NARS' loose powder for controlling oilies! Not only is it great for oil control but it is great for evening skin tone, covering red/discoloured areas, and using over concealer-covered blemishes to keep it in place. The only downside is that there isn't much color selection, but luckily for me, #2 is a pretty good match for my NC25-30 skin! I bought this last spring and it lasts quite long. The initial packaging was a sexy, sleek, shiny black compact but then they changed it, and it's now a duller black, less sleek compact. I liked the initial packaging MUCH better...but oh well, the product itself is what really matters and what I'm really reviewing.

So I went to Hong Kong for vacay over Christmas and dropped the Get Even compact out of my clutch on the streets...it shattered and I broke all the powder! I was devastated so the next day I went to the MAC store to purchase a blot powder since I had to control my oily nose/forehead and MAC stores were everywhere and I thought it would more difficult to find BeneFit products. Unfortunately the MA at MAC matched me with a color too dark (NC30) and made my nose look dirty compared to the rest of my face, and additionally, the powder had such little coverage compared to Get Even, that I went out of my way to go to the Hong Kong Sephora to buy Get Even, even though it was almost double the price that I would pay here in Canada. But... it was worth it! So long story short, I had to discover the hard way that I can't live without this powder! I highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The most accurate description the reviewer gave about this product is that it looks like beige concrete on ur face and she was exactly correct. This powder is so heavy i can't fathom using this in the daytime ever again, it is basically like stage makeup good from a distance and not sexy closeup. I used it for a day since i left my iman pressed powder at home and i was in a rush and needed to be mattified so i hastily bought this, needless to say in macy's my face looked dynamite but as the day wore on and i looked in my rearview mirror my face looked liked a pancake, i had to go home and wash my face and just simply apply my other powder. This is not good for daytime use, maybe at the club when u will be sweating like a dog and the lights are dim but not for anything else. I do like some glow and this basically makes me look like a corpse, big hell to the no! Will be getting my 32.50 today, way to expensive for this crap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in my collection and have neglected to write a review as it was not anything very special so I forgot about it. I do not think that it does any more of a great job at keeping oil at bay than your averge pressed powder. It is ok but nothing to HG or scream about. I am not sure if the GET EVEN name is suppose to imply that it evens out complexion due to shine reduction or even skin tone. This definitely did not even out my skin tone. All in all there are much better powders on the market such as Px Flawless Skin pressed powder or Laura Mercier translucent pressed powder. I would go as far as to say that a Drugstore powder when compared to Get Even would work just as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lrinke218

This stuff has saved my life!!! I have EXTREMELY (very isn't strong enough) oily skin and constant blemishes as well as acne scars. I have tried MAC Studio Fix and Clinique's press powders (don't even remember the names) and nothing worked. This actually works and leaves me completely SATISFIED!!!

The 02 powder covers my blemishes, acne scars, even's my skin tone (hence the name, "Get Even") and keeps me shine/oil free for HOURS!!! I normally would have oil and shine before I'm even walking out the door. With Get Even, I go HOURS without these issues and once it starts coming through, I just blot with Clean & Clear papers.

LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

If you have acne prone and/or oily skin, this stuff is a miracle!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by alittlecolour

I've been waiting to get the time to do a review on this product cause I want to share my joy =D. This is probably the third foundation I've ever tried and I consider myself extremely lucky. It's a powder foundation and although I've been really afraid of powder foundations looking cakey on me, I bought this cause my skin got really oily in the summer. I don't have a lot of redness on my skin, but I have acne and a whole lotta shine. It's a blotting powder so I thought I'd give it a shot and it worked wonders. My face wasn't oily for the entire day and I didn't need to reapply. I absolutely HATE reapplying makeup during the day. The only makeup I will ever carry around with me is lipgloss or lipstick and even that I don't really like reapplying.
Get Even comes in a sleek black compact with a sponge. The sponge is so cute, but I don't use a sponge cause the foundation can go on too heavy. I just use benefit's powder brush which I adore. Also, as far as the longevity of the product, I applied it everyday and it lasted me 4-5 months not quite sure, but also keep in mind that when I was first trying to use it, I was really packing on the powder which now looking back on it, what was I thinking? =P. If you use a foundation base, it should last up to 6-7 months. The whole time I used the product, I wasn't using liquid foundation, also because of the pure fact that I HATE liquid foundations. They're messy, annoying, and expensive.
I only use this product in the summer because in the winter, my skin isn't as oily, so I use a sheer liquid foundation (any suggestions?).... I've gotta go buy this foundation soon.... in a couple months after I finish all my samples of liquid foundations (still haven't found one that's a good price and good quality... I don't like MAC =(...)
This product is worth every penny from my unemployed wallet. I'm a student and I need something fast and easy and this is it!!!!