August 27, 2014 | 1700 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this to cover blemishes and minor blemish scars on my chin because I was sick of using a spot concealer that looked too obvious and wore off easily. This stuff is pretty thick - it's billed as being very strong concealer/full coverage - but it doesn't feel like it is suffocating my skin. Because it is full coverage it is a little noticeable on and can become mask-like, so it should be used sparingly. Lasts and lasts, even through humidity. It has not caused my breakout prone chin to become worse either, which is miraculous. I have not tried it as an under-eye concealer, but I think it would work fine for that as well.

It's a little pricey at $8.00 a pop but a little goes a very long way and the quality/coverage are worth it. The squeeze tube works well for this type of product.

The reason I can't rank this higher than a 3 is because of the shades. There is very little variety (only two options) overall and both shades (I tried both) are too pinky/peachy to blend well with my pale skin. The color makes the concealer stand out even more on my face, which sort of defeats the purpose of concealer. But if you're looking for a heavy duty concealer and this can be matched to your skintone, it is definitely worth trying.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by aswayer

I hate that it only comes in two colors. Also, it doesn't really help/hinder my acne. I'm an NC30 currently and the shade I tried (the darker one) was still very light and very pink on my skin, making me look very green :/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this because of the awesome CVS sale this week: $6 off ANY PF product, PLUS the red scanner box gave me a $3 coupon, so I got this for 29 cents plus tax. There were only two shades available: Fair Light and Medium Light, and ML was the darker shade so I got it. Too bad it's about five shades too light for my NC42 skin. It does offer good coverage but it's just about useless since it's so light. Maybe I can use it as an eyeshadow primer, but it's a bit thick for that. Good thing I paid less than a buck. How about a Med/Deep shade PF????

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this stuff for about two weeks or so and I love it already! I used Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind as a concealer for breakouts and my dark circles, but I noticed after awhile my problem areas wouldn't get covered up as well and I decided I would pick this up. I was a little hesitant at first because I had never used any of PF's products before. I have acne-prone, oily, and dry skin and I get really worried when it comes to trying new products because I don't want to break out, but this is perfect for me! It's light enough for my skin, it's pretty thick, so a little goes a long way. It stays all day too and doesn't crease which is awesome too. I'm not sure how well it works as an under eye concealer but I will try it there when I run out of my Instant Age Rewind. I definitely recommend this for breakouts and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer when I was rudely let down by Hard Candy's Glamoflauge concealer. Not only did their product not come in my shade, but it broke me out! :( For about $1 more, I picked up this concealer. And holy crap, it's amazing. I got it in Natural Light, and it blends in seamlessly, For girls with darker skin, unfortunately this won't work for you, but I have no problem with the lack of color selection. It covers like a dream, stays on all day long, and doesn't break me out! I would definitely recommend, as there are no cons to this product. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Lovepink7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer for a drugstore brand. I have the soft green one. I have asian NC35 skin. I needed something to reduce redness, and I wanted try this after using the concealer stick (which wasn't impressive). This concealer is handy especially when I breakout.
Pros:
-Reduces redness
-It was pretty cheap!
-Creamy consistency that you can spread
-not blotchy
-I can squeeze a tiny amount
-good coverage

Cons:
-It will dry with a dry consistency, so if you have dry skin and don't put on moisturizer, it will look patchy
-I wish it was a teeny bit darker to match my shade
-4 Shades only (fair, natural light, soft yellow, soft green I believe)

You would of course need skin-color concealer on top or else you'll look green in one place which is really awkward. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by xoxo331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in natural light, and it's a little light for me. I like to layer it under my foundation and it works perfectly. The pigmentation is great, and it's very buildable. It's a bit drying, but nothing too bad. Overall, it has great coverage and I would definitely reourchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by xvivifyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first got this, I wasn't very impressed, it felt drying and it seemed to fade away after a few hours. However, I mixed it with some of my face moisturizer, and it's fantastic, and it lasts longer. I think it's just too drying to be used alone. The coverage is really nice though, and I've never had it cake up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fujiapplexo

I purchased this concealer very recently, but so far I really like it.
This concealer is very pigmented, and I find that it blends in really well into the skin. My skin has yellow undertones, so when I first squeezed it out of the tube, I was a bit discouraged because of its pink-based color. But after blending it into my skin, it looked completely natural.
One of the cons to this product is that the color selection is VERY limited; there were only two shades available at my local CVS and both are VERY light. I got it in the shade Natural Light and it just barely matches my skin tone since it is winter and my skin is paler. So if you have a darker complexion, I would recommend wearing it under your foundation.
Another thing that might turn people off of this product is that it is a bit expensive (it was around $10 at CVS). However, I think that it is completely worth the price and I have even heard that it is very similar to Make Up For Ever's full coverage concealer ($32 at sephora).
Overall, I really like this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this concealer twice now, mainly because the first one I got was too light for my skin (and I'm rather fair-skinned, so that was surprising). I think I might be able to thin that one out with a moisturizer and use it as a highlight, or maybe alone as an eyeshadow base. But I digress.
I've been suffering from cystic acne as of late (damn hormones) and nothing has ever covered the resulting redness prior to this concealer. This stuff is truly amazing. It is thick, but if used sparingly, gives pretty natural-looking coverage and doesn't look cakey. It's amazing on the acne scars as well.
I haven't yet used it as an under eye concealer as I don't generally tend to need one unless I'm really doing a full-face look. I've not done a full-face look in a while, so that's why I haven't given it a go on my under eye area. I don't have much of an issue with dark circles anyway, so this stuff might be overkill.
The color I got second time around is Natural Light and it is a perfect match for my skin. For the record, I do not know what my MAC skin tone is, though I'm thinking it's maybe an NW20.
I'm dying to try the "no foundation flawless skin" trick that gossmakeupartist on Youtube did with the MUFE Full Cover Concealer, as I'm guessing this stuff is pretty close in consistency and coverage.
Oh, and the packaging is grand. It really makes it easy to control how much you use, which with how full-coverage this is, doesn't amount to much. I suspect I'll have this for quite a long time.