February 28, 2015 | 2034 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by wishclover

This is the best bar soap I've tried so far. I have sensitive skin that takes well to regular bar soaps I've tried. However, they would always leave my skin feeling tight and extra dry, and the smells would often be too strong for me. This beauty bar by Dove is unscented and smells like pure soap is supposed to smell, which I find very refreshing. This scent doesn't linger on your skin after use. The bar lathers extremely well and is very soft to use, which leaves me stepping out of the shower feeling as though I just moisturized. No dryness at all! The downside of the moisturizing potential in this soap is that you can't leave it under running water. I used to put my bar in the soap holder under the shower stream, but my bar wasted away every time someone took a shower. Now I put it away from the stream and it lasts a long time. I not only use this soap as a wash, but I use it to shave as well. The lather build up is perfect for a quick shave, and I no longer have to spend money on expensive shave cream that doesn't last long enough. I have never heard that this bar can be used for face as well. I will be trying the bar as a face wash, and hopefully I can get rid of my current wash that has been clogging my pores. Bottom line, this is a great soap for sensitive skin and it will rid your skin of dirt while moisturizing it perfectly every time. It's multi-use makes it a wonderful investment for such a cheap product. It's my perfect beauty bar!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This soap just didn't work out for me. I thought that it would, considering it seems to be targeted towards those with sensitive skin, but it just made me break out. The soap seemed to leave my face feeling kind of grimey and not clean, yet at the same time stripped of its natural oils. It appears that Dove products in general don't agree with my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin so I think that I'll avoid them in the future. I don't think that this soap is terrible, but I'm not pleased with the results I got from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PLASTICC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i always believed that a good soap/facial cleaner would do the trick in eliminating acne and making my skin perfect. So, ever since the 8th grade, i have been on the search for the perfect soap. i always thought dove was cheap because my mother uses it, and we all hate to be our others, anways, so i saw this on sale, and bought it and i was in love i have gone through 2 bars and its amazing. i would never use anything else :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by andrea171

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently had my first ever eczema flare up on the tops of my hands. I was pretty certain my hand soap was causing the problem and asked my pharmacist for a recommendation. She said to use Unscented Dove soap bars and a really good moisturizer (I've been using Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream) and the combination has completely calmed my skin down. These do have a scent or odour and I'm not sure what the difference is between this one and the Sensitive Skin formula but it certainly seems to be working for me and I will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is way less scented than Ivory which I can't tolerate at all. I do not use it as it makes me itch but my husband does and loves it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lggordon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though this soap smells great (I know that it's unscented but I like what it does smell like...is that strange?) and it's fun to use it's still soap and after a while it ends up drying out my skin because it's so alkaline and it can affect your skin (destroying the acid mantle).
So I won't use any soap anymore but if people like it, keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by taffygirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only soap I can use without dying my body out. It's fragrance-free, which is hard to find at a regular grocery store/drug store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

This soap helped to eliminate dry skin that I was experiencing all over (yes, all over) my body. What I like most about this soap is that it allows me to use moisturizer on my body without actually having to put cream or lotion on my body (which I don't like to do because it's time consuming and I don't like the feel). I also like that this soap lathers really well and is therefore very pleasant to apply. I also enjoy the scent - I would describe it as a mix of the traditional Dove Beauty Bar smell and that "clean" smell that you get at a doctor's office. Finally, what I appreciate most about this soap is that it doesn't make my body break out like other special soaps have. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I stumbled upon a 'beauty of the day tip' from iGoogle page. It says: if you have problem with acne, wash your face with dove soap bar coz it has a Ph balance (or something rather - I don't really remember) - so, last weekend I grab a couple of the unscented dove bars from Walgreens. I've used it everyday twice a day ever since - and it works GREAT!

A lil bit about my complexion: oily, sensitive, huge pores, and I always have problems with acne/white heads/black heads on and off. My problem during winter time is that my complexion gets really fussy. I can't just slather some moisturizer coz it might give me zits. And, if I don't moisturized, my skin will get dry and flaky (yet still oily!). There you go!

Before that beauty tip - I would NEVER have washed my face with dove before - with that much moisturizing agents in it. But it works wonder on my oily skin during this winter month! I usually started breaking out around this time of year, but I haven't! (knock on wood). Great advice, iGoogle! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use dove practically all my life, and using this sensitive skin bath bar of dove is highly much better than the original dove white bar, they seemed to have again changed the ingredients and workability of those other bar soaps of dove, and it used to be on the box that says, moisturizing lotion, now its back to moisturizing cream!!! lots of people I remember in one of the ratings company, complained of the bar being too mushy, now its not too mushy, but seems more heavier in moisturizers in the bar, but the sensitive skin bath bar does great!!! doesnt feel overly heavy in creams on my body, so for this time being, I will continue to use this sensitive skin bath bar or the pink dove bath bar,. they are both EXCELLENT!!!