April 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by taffygirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only soap I can use without dying my body out. It's fragrance-free, which is hard to find at a regular grocery store/drug store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

This soap helped to eliminate dry skin that I was experiencing all over (yes, all over) my body. What I like most about this soap is that it allows me to use moisturizer on my body without actually having to put cream or lotion on my body (which I don't like to do because it's time consuming and I don't like the feel). I also like that this soap lathers really well and is therefore very pleasant to apply. I also enjoy the scent - I would describe it as a mix of the traditional Dove Beauty Bar smell and that "clean" smell that you get at a doctor's office. Finally, what I appreciate most about this soap is that it doesn't make my body break out like other special soaps have. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I stumbled upon a 'beauty of the day tip' from iGoogle page. It says: if you have problem with acne, wash your face with dove soap bar coz it has a Ph balance (or something rather - I don't really remember) - so, last weekend I grab a couple of the unscented dove bars from Walgreens. I've used it everyday twice a day ever since - and it works GREAT!

A lil bit about my complexion: oily, sensitive, huge pores, and I always have problems with acne/white heads/black heads on and off. My problem during winter time is that my complexion gets really fussy. I can't just slather some moisturizer coz it might give me zits. And, if I don't moisturized, my skin will get dry and flaky (yet still oily!). There you go!

Before that beauty tip - I would NEVER have washed my face with dove before - with that much moisturizing agents in it. But it works wonder on my oily skin during this winter month! I usually started breaking out around this time of year, but I haven't! (knock on wood). Great advice, iGoogle! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use dove practically all my life, and using this sensitive skin bath bar of dove is highly much better than the original dove white bar, they seemed to have again changed the ingredients and workability of those other bar soaps of dove, and it used to be on the box that says, moisturizing lotion, now its back to moisturizing cream!!! lots of people I remember in one of the ratings company, complained of the bar being too mushy, now its not too mushy, but seems more heavier in moisturizers in the bar, but the sensitive skin bath bar does great!!! doesnt feel overly heavy in creams on my body, so for this time being, I will continue to use this sensitive skin bath bar or the pink dove bath bar,. they are both EXCELLENT!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Dove Sensitive Skin body wash and alternated with this, and loved them both. But Dove changed both of the the formulas (I'm so angry) -- and they just aren't as good. Remember when Dove used to have those creamy streaks running through it? Yeah, I miss that. To me, this is not the same soap, and it's pretty drying. But I've tried every other soap and body wash out there, and this is about as good as it gets, which is a shame, because it was so wonderful before - I don't know why companies change the formulas, particularly for sensitive skin, we are already limited in what we can use, and to change this was sacrilege. I will continue to look for something better and I've of course, have sent emails to Dove telling them just how unhappy I am. I would never use this on my face, way too drying and the Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser is awesome. Update: So this is kind of gross, but I figured out that using a tallow based soap (which this is - sodium tallowate) when I sweat, makes me smell - and that only happens when I use a tallow based soap. You can even smell the animal product in the soap. So as much as I hate the changes they made to the body wash...I've gone back to using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sweetchica329

After years of searching for the perfect basic face cleanser, I finally have stumbled upon Dove's Beauty Bar-Unscented version. This stuff is very creamy and washed off every nock and cranny of my makeup. (If I wear heavy makeup, I still take that off with an eye makeup remover). It cleans well and doesn't make my skin feel tight or extremely dry afterwards. Some people note that it leaves a film on their skin and doesn't wash completely off.. well, they were just too fast at the sink or shower, I always make sure that everything is off and then more. Never leaves a film on my face and never will. Hasn't caused breakouts; which is the best since I have mild acne. For $2 for 2 bars, which last me 2 months time, you honestly cannot beat it. And.. if for some reason you don't like it, you can always use it up as a body wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 8:39:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using Dove for years and it's still the only bar soap I can use without drying out my skin though I wouldn't dream of using it on my face. Just a note that the "Unscented" bars are still scented. They smell like the original Dove soap, oddly enough. Much as I love Dove soap, I can't stand its scent. Get the "Sensitive Skin" bars if you want to avoid fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lenab

This soap has been great! Doesn't leave your skin greasy or tight. The perfect balance year round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish that in the would you buy this product again there were a "yes yes yes" option. I've tried high end and low end soaps and cleansers but for some odd reason I always come back to Dove. It's like that one handbag you always reach for. My skin never feels as soft as when I use Dove. In fact I love how nice it makes my face feel, I have an extra bar in the shower. The one thing I have to say I wish they could find a way to work on is the fact the soap is virtually water intolerant. If you leave it in the soap dish with water, it will literally dissolve into liquid soap! Same in the shower. You have to put it somewhere it can dry. Other than that, it's the best soap ever. I've tried the sensitive skin, the original and the exfoliating. I like them all. At night I sometimes skip moisturizer, because this does it all!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by bbretka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a bit of a sensative skin. I had a bout of ecsema about a year ago and my dermatologist recommended me to use this soap. I've not used anything since. Ok a few specialty soaps of any of the Dove body washes for a treat but I use the Sensative bar on a regular basis. I've noticed that my skin doesnt get as dry anymore. I have terribly dry skin in the winter and it helps soothe it. Definately scores high for me!