October 2, 2014 | 1279 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Unscented Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by PLASTICC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i always believed that a good soap/facial cleaner would do the trick in eliminating acne and making my skin perfect. So, ever since the 8th grade, i have been on the search for the perfect soap. i always thought dove was cheap because my mother uses it, and we all hate to be our others, anways, so i saw this on sale, and bought it and i was in love i have gone through 2 bars and its amazing. i would never use anything else :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by andrea171

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently had my first ever eczema flare up on the tops of my hands. I was pretty certain my hand soap was causing the problem and asked my pharmacist for a recommendation. She said to use Unscented Dove soap bars and a really good moisturizer (I've been using Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream) and the combination has completely calmed my skin down. These do have a scent or odour and I'm not sure what the difference is between this one and the Sensitive Skin formula but it certainly seems to be working for me and I will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is way less scented than Ivory which I can't tolerate at all. I do not use it as it makes me itch but my husband does and loves it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by lggordon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even though this soap smells great (I know that it's unscented but I like what it does smell like...is that strange?) and it's fun to use it's still soap and after a while it ends up drying out my skin because it's so alkaline and it can affect your skin (destroying the acid mantle).
So I won't use any soap anymore but if people like it, keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by taffygirl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only soap I can use without dying my body out. It's fragrance-free, which is hard to find at a regular grocery store/drug store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

This soap helped to eliminate dry skin that I was experiencing all over (yes, all over) my body. What I like most about this soap is that it allows me to use moisturizer on my body without actually having to put cream or lotion on my body (which I don't like to do because it's time consuming and I don't like the feel). I also like that this soap lathers really well and is therefore very pleasant to apply. I also enjoy the scent - I would describe it as a mix of the traditional Dove Beauty Bar smell and that "clean" smell that you get at a doctor's office. Finally, what I appreciate most about this soap is that it doesn't make my body break out like other special soaps have. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I stumbled upon a 'beauty of the day tip' from iGoogle page. It says: if you have problem with acne, wash your face with dove soap bar coz it has a Ph balance (or something rather - I don't really remember) - so, last weekend I grab a couple of the unscented dove bars from Walgreens. I've used it everyday twice a day ever since - and it works GREAT!

A lil bit about my complexion: oily, sensitive, huge pores, and I always have problems with acne/white heads/black heads on and off. My problem during winter time is that my complexion gets really fussy. I can't just slather some moisturizer coz it might give me zits. And, if I don't moisturized, my skin will get dry and flaky (yet still oily!). There you go!

Before that beauty tip - I would NEVER have washed my face with dove before - with that much moisturizing agents in it. But it works wonder on my oily skin during this winter month! I usually started breaking out around this time of year, but I haven't! (knock on wood). Great advice, iGoogle! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use dove practically all my life, and using this sensitive skin bath bar of dove is highly much better than the original dove white bar, they seemed to have again changed the ingredients and workability of those other bar soaps of dove, and it used to be on the box that says, moisturizing lotion, now its back to moisturizing cream!!! lots of people I remember in one of the ratings company, complained of the bar being too mushy, now its not too mushy, but seems more heavier in moisturizers in the bar, but the sensitive skin bath bar does great!!! doesnt feel overly heavy in creams on my body, so for this time being, I will continue to use this sensitive skin bath bar or the pink dove bath bar,. they are both EXCELLENT!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Dove Sensitive Skin body wash and alternated with this, and loved them both. But Dove changed both of the the formulas (I'm so angry) -- and they just aren't as good. Remember when Dove used to have those creamy streaks running through it? Yeah, I miss that. To me, this is not the same soap, and it's pretty drying. But I've tried every other soap and body wash out there, and this is about as good as it gets, which is a shame, because it was so wonderful before - I don't know why companies change the formulas, particularly for sensitive skin, we are already limited in what we can use, and to change this was sacrilege. I will continue to look for something better and I've of course, have sent emails to Dove telling them just how unhappy I am. I would never use this on my face, way too drying and the Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser is awesome. Update: So this is kind of gross, but I figured out that using a tallow based soap (which this is - sodium tallowate) when I sweat, makes me smell - and that only happens when I use a tallow based soap. You can even smell the animal product in the soap. So as much as I hate the changes they made to the body wash...I've gone back to using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sweetchica329

After years of searching for the perfect basic face cleanser, I finally have stumbled upon Dove's Beauty Bar-Unscented version. This stuff is very creamy and washed off every nock and cranny of my makeup. (If I wear heavy makeup, I still take that off with an eye makeup remover). It cleans well and doesn't make my skin feel tight or extremely dry afterwards. Some people note that it leaves a film on their skin and doesn't wash completely off.. well, they were just too fast at the sink or shower, I always make sure that everything is off and then more. Never leaves a film on my face and never will. Hasn't caused breakouts; which is the best since I have mild acne. For $2 for 2 bars, which last me 2 months time, you honestly cannot beat it. And.. if for some reason you don't like it, you can always use it up as a body wash.