December 19, 2014 | 811 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Ciment Thermique

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this product did not work for my hair. :( I have very thick, wavy, course, dry hair that is prone to breakage at the ends. Maybe my hair was just too much of a challenge! It didn't hide my split ends, in fact, it seemed to make them more noticeable. My hair felt bushier and dryer than it already is. It didn't seem to damage my hair any further like some reviewers have claimed but it didn't do anything positive for my hair either. I guess just take this review with a grain of salt and realize that this product may or may not work for you. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased at the recommendation of my stylist and I am really glad I did. I personally like the grapefruit scent and it really worked to protect my hair from the heat. My only gripe is the price, but since you only need a small amount I would say it's worth the expense. You get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great heat protectant! I also love the citrusy scent. Obviously the price point is quite high. I only need to use a tiny amount as it weighed my hair down when using more than a quarter size. It has also revived my hair after a bad bleaching job. I never thought I can achieve salon type hair at home but after using this as a first step before heat styling, it's a must in order to achieve. I was very impressed. After repurchasing this many times, I wanted to try something new. I use CHI Silk Infusion now. Very similar results but different scent. But I'm sure I'll repurchase this some time again in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why this has gotten such great reviews. I personally did not like it and would NOT repurchase.

My hair type: fine, damaged ends, prone to frizziness and coarseness.

Cons
-- I did not see any significant improvement to my hair. It will look good when I use this product, but the next day or later in the same day, it will revert to its frizziness/coarseness.
-- Expensive
-- I find that I have to use a lot of the product to see a result at the end.
-- I'm not a fan of the scent
-- I make a point of it not to blow dry my hair very often, and this product is ideal for when you will be blow drying your hair. Hence, I do not use this product often and find that it just sits on my shelf unused.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by annakimla

This is by far the best hair product I have ever owned. It makes my hair looking very shiny and healthy. I will always use it before styling with dryer or iron.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by AmandaMarieH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised by all the love this product gets, I HATED it. I generally like Kerastase, but this was just awful for me. I have baby fine but dense, not-quite-straight not-quite-wavy hair that I color very light blonde using high lift color and bleach highlights. This seemed perfect for me, but that couldn't be further from the truth. As soon as I applied it onto wet hair, my hair went from feeling silky to hard and plasticy, like I had just applied gel. It smells off too, plasticy, to go with the feel. It does protect from heat, I'll give it that, but because of the hundred thousand cones and other polymers. Anyway, not only did it leave my hair dull, dry, and fried looking, my hair felt sticky, gritty, straw like, and stiff. The packet that comes with this stuff states that one application will last for 5 washes- they are not kidding. It took me about 5 washes using clarifying shampoo each time (rinse, repeat, leave in for 2 mins) to get this crap out. I'm honestly surprised at how well this seems to work for other people, because this is hands down one of the worst hair products I have ever tried. I also tried Necar Thermique, which I don't live either but it's ok. If I had no other heat protectant to use I'd use it, but this product is just amzingly awful on my hair. I've yet to try Chroma Thermique and that seems like it would be the best for my hair type but so far I'm really not understanding the hype surrounding the Kerastase leave-ins.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by voyme262

I have only used this once, but it smells great and my hair which is dyed blonde and usually very dryand flyaway after blowdrying is sitting very nicely today! I am excited to contiue using and see results after a few weeks!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great heat protectant. Smells good and doesn't leave hair with a sticky or heavy feeling after. Will repurchase.

EDIT - I've been using for about a month and a half and have noticed a huge improvement in my hair. It feels much stronger and is less frizzy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ltiwdt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I tend to think that Kerastase's shampoos and conditioners are overrated, but their styling products are definitely worth it.
At least, this one is: I have fine but dry, color-treated hair, and this works like a charm. I put in a dime-sized amount after rinsing out my regular conditioner, then mousse over top of it, and it just...works. It's kind of an invisible product-I don't notice it's there, it doesn't weigh my hair down, it doesn't make it incredibly soft, even. But my hair is better when I use it. It gives me, like, the best version of my hair. I don't ever want to be without it, and I have yet to find a cheaper dupe that comes close to working as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by sjesic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another one of my favourites from Kerastase!

This is a GREAT heat protecting serum. I use it before I blow dry my hair, only a dime size is needed for medium-long hair which makes the product last for a good while.

I apply the product onto towel dried hair and work it concentrating more on the lenght and ends of my hair.
I love the delicate and clean smell of this product, it always makes me think of the salon :)

I have definately seen a big difference in my hair since using this product compared to other heat protecting products I have used. This really does protect my hair and keeps it in good condition. It makes blow drying easier and leaves my hair feeling silky smooth.

I use this for my blow-dry and then complete with Fibre Architecte if I am going to use the flat iron.
I am really pleased with this product and don't really mind the high price so much as the bottle has lasted me for 6 months so far and I still have half of it left.

Definately buying again and really recommend this product to anyone who cannot live without heat styling their hair on a regular basis.