Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

3.5

on 7/2/2012 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is my favorite pencil liner I have used, primarily because it is the only one that lasts well on my waterline/lower lash line. While I do think some others, such as Urban Decay 24/7 apply a little more smoothly, I have found the 24/7 does to last below my eye, whereas the Make Up Forever liner does so beautifully. I definitely plan to repurchase.

Not waterproof! Had raccoon eyes within 30 mins. Whether it was on my waterline or not, it still did not have any staying power at all. I wear contacts and have watery eyes at times. I tried setting it with powder and used lid primer (UDPP), yet it still did not have any lasting ability. The eye liner at the bottom outer corner of my eye where I usually have tears, had completely disappeared! Will not repurchase!

on 4/29/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, a pencil liner that doesn't smudge on my Asian eyes. I've tried so many brands that claim to be longwearing and they all start smudging on my upper lids (due to the fold) within minutes. I've now had the Aqua Eyes 0L on my lids for over 10 hours now and other than a little bit of fading, it has stayed on like a champ. No smudging, no raccoon eyes. I did notice when I was trying on the eyeliner on my hand at Sephora that it needed a few seconds to set - if I rubbed the line right after I put it on, it would smear, but if I left it alone for a few seconds, no amount of rubbing could do any damage. So when I put the liner on, I closed my eyes for few second to let it set and it worked. Worth every penny.

on 4/21/2012 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm still searching for my HG eyeliner. This one just didn't do anything for me other then making me look like imhave raccoon eyes. I thought it's suppose to be waterproof but it isn't. It easily smudged and smeared. I did set it with a black eyeshadow and have applied an eye primer but it still smudges. I applied it on my bottom waterline, tight line my upper eye, and lining my top lash line but it still smudges. Milani eyeliner doesn't smudge as much as mufe aqua eyeliner. Plus it's not as black and opaque like the Milani one. Will not repurchase.

on 4/17/2012 3:04:00 AM

I've always had a hard time searching for my HG eyeliner. I was introduced this by the sephora lady, and i had high hopes for this! But it was the same as all my other eyeliners, it smudges A LOT ! Within a few hours, it'll be all around my eyes :(

on 2/19/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

the best eyeliner I ever used for lining my waterline, stays on for a long time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My cousin had bought me this eyeliner from Sephora and I had only used it once. Through out that day of use, I did NOT...may I repeat--"NOT"--have to reapply my eyeliner nor did I have to wipe my under eye for smears!

BUT I must say--it was extremely difficult to take off without Eye Makeup Remover!

Sadly, the next day, I dug into my purse to use it for the 2nd time and it wasn't there! Out of my entire collection of junk in my purse, I am missing this incredible eyeliner! I was so bummed out that I couldn't find it and was unsure if I wanted to purchase such an expensive product when I had only used it once.

It took me 3 weeks to cave in and get this eyeliner! I usually use Mac's Paint Pot, which usually smears after an 8 hour shift (due to my over excessive use of under eye concealer). But as for on the go application or for going out purposes (such as the club/cruise and even to the gym), I turn to this eyeliner!

I would like to use it when I go swimming and I will get back to everyone about that! =D

P.S.
Hope my review helps!

on 1/16/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this product's not too bad. it's very black and is more water-resistant than waterproof like it says. I find that I'm reapplying it after 3-4 hours on my waterline cause it fades into my last line. HOWEVER it doesnt smudge into my undereye area either. so I'm thankful for that. I already have a backup of it at home so it's a good product.

on 1/14/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nice black, won't give me racoon eyes like others, pricey but good.

on 1/12/2012 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Honestly this is the only eyeliner I can use. It's extremely non smudging on my eyes. Every other eyeliner smears on my eyes but not this one. I also love that its super waterproof. It lasts until I take it off. Awesome product. The only downside is that you have to sharpen it.