August 27, 2014 | 1793 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of only two mineral makeups that I can honestly say I have ever liked. I hate BE and everyday minerals looks cakey on me plus since they changed their ingredients, I don't trust them anymore.

I got Real Sand in the mineral makeup kit from Sephora. It came with secret concealer, Mineral primer, Candlelight powder and a brush. It's a really good kit for the price and I have used it almost every day for the past three weeks. That is a record for me with minerals. Normally I hate the coverage or find that they cake into my fine lines and make me look older than I am and I look 8-10 years younger than my age.

I have Fair, Sensitive/Combo, clog prone, dermatitis prone skin. A lot of ingredients including some natural ones will make me flare into dermatitis overnight. So I'm very careful about reading labels and checking ingredients. This one had excellent ingredients and the bismuth was far down on the Ingredient list so I took a chance and ordered this. I love it! It's super easy to apply, no dip, swirl tap and buff business. I can get even coverage in less than a minute. It's perfect for the hotter and humid weather and seem ed to last about 6 hours on me out in 90 degree heat with high humidity. I think that's pretty good considering I was dripping in sweat.

The Mineral makeup alone on me looks matte. My skin is combo but on the oily side most of the year. It controls my oily t-zone very well. No caking at all. The real sand is a good color for me, it has a more yellow base and is very flattering. After a few minutes it seems to adjust to my skincolor and looks very natural. I think I will definitely be buying a full size of this when my smaller one runs out. I was also surprised that it actual photographs well as most minerals are not photo friendly. I think the Titanium dioxide in it is much less than most minerals. I would highly recommend this mineral makeup for sensitive skin types. I breakout even from so called hypoallergenic makeups but this one actual helped my skin look better over three weeks use. No zits!!!lol

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by nadoosh

This product gives a gorgeous, luminous yet not shiny finish. I was in awe the first few weeks of using it. But then I noticed tiny bumps underneath my skin and did some research online. I found out that I might be sensitive to mineral makeup so I quit using it. So while this finish of this powder is amazing, you should be sure that you are not sensitive to mineral makeup. I also did not like the fact that it has SPF in it because SPF in powder products is not advised since there is a chance of inhalation which carries a small, yet definite risk.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by socalgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mineral powder because it feels light and like there's nothing clogging or on my face. It is wayyyy better than the Bare Minerals one. Even though there is not a lot of color selections, it was not that bad for me because I like light coverage and color. It gives a dewey and glowing look. I think if you put too much on, it will be obvious and cakey. It is probably better for people who want something light. I am asian with golden/tan skin and I got rich vanilla for the summer and real sand for times when I am lighter skinned.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have already repurchased this product once. I love the natural glowy look it gives my skin and also doesn't irritate or break me out. This product doesn't really have any oil control power and it accentuates my pores therefore I have to use a pore covering product beforehand. Coverage is moderate, if i layer on more it tends to look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by TheEverydayCogger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear Natural Beige. Feels nice on my dry skin, but is a little to glowey for me. (Not as cakey as BE, which also gives my skin a very dry feeling).
I like the powder and the packaging, but I feel the jar is a little too oversized compared with the content of powder in it. I travel a lot and would like LM to adjust the size a little.
This is not my holy grail, but I like it and it makes my skin look good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I find this mineral foundation problematic. The current shade I am using is the second color I have tried and I must admit that I think I have heard such great things on you tube I convinced myself it was good. BUT, as often as I have tried, I am not sure it looks good on me. It seems to leave a very powdery appearance to my complexion that I can't seem to get rid of even using Fix + or UD's All Nighter. Because I am older perhaps a mineral foundation is just not for me. Hmmm.....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Christine2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first thing I noticed about this foundation is that different shades have slightly different ingredients. I further noticed this when I tried both the Tender Rose and Soft Porcelain shades and saw how differently they performed. The Rose sat in my lines and looked greasy right away, while the Porcelain didn't do any of those things (but it seemed to bother my skin more after wearing it). Neither color was quite right for my Nicole Kidman-esque coloring (Rose too mauve and Porcelain too gray) and mixing them was also a no go. I haven't tried mixing the Porcelain with the Real Sand, but maybe that would have worked for the color issue. As for the finish, it was very glowy and emphasized my flaws and pores...but not as badly as all of the other mineral products. It covered pretty darn well, but not perfectly, and without the thick cakiness of the BE formulations. This foundation doesn't wash off very easily, so you need makeup wipes or a toner in addition to a cleanser or you will clog your pores and break out. This foundation also seemed to irritate my skin after wearing it all day...possibly due to the bismuth and talc. If the colors were right for me, the foundation was more matte, and it didn't irritate my skin I would like it. :/

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do get the hype with this product. leave a beautiful finish and great for people that o not want to use liquid. Thebiggest issue with this is the itching. If i sweat wearing this it ithes me like crazy. even in the winter my face feels uncomfortable. biught it twice at different times to see if i was imagining it but still itches..when i said that to the sales associate, she thought i was crazy...but be advised the ingredient bismouth (or soemthing arlong that line) causes the itching. the product leaves a lovely glowy look and would recommend if you dont experience the itching.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by wishmeluck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've found that this is a great foundation for combination skin. It does need a primer and it also needs to be buffed in well. The coverage is medium. You may need to use a powder like Dermablend to deglow (is that a word?) right around your t-zone. I've found it lasts quite well throughout the day. I've used it for over a year now and have had no trouble with my combination, breakout-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by mshin

The first time I tried this, the makeup artist at sephora applied the tender rose shade on me and it looked horrible! I didn't think she put that much on me but it was really really cakey and within minutes I wanted to wash my face off completely. As I was washing and toning my face, it took my forever to get all of the makeup off because she had applied so much so I was a bit turned off by this foundation thinking that it could go cakey and heavy easily. Not to mention I looked ghostly white -- I think the shade was too light for me and it really washed me out. It really says something if you look better without the foundation than with..
Than later I received this as a present in real sand which is a touch closer to my current skin tone but still just a hair too light. I applied it very lightly (just enough) and it looked 100x better. I personally like the finish for day time as its only slightly glowing (not as heavily dewy as some people are making it out to be). I still prefer her tinted moisturizers over this foundation though which are a lot more illuminating in my opinion. I've always liked the packaging as well so no problem there.
I have dry skin so this works great but I would feel a little nervous if you have really really oily skin and use this foundation.