September 23, 2014 | 2072 users online

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

this doesnt.....do....anything good

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by deathsponge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

So... Maybelline Great Lash. I'm quite new to serious makeup, and even I had heard of this one. This mascara always seemed to receive rave reviews amongst my circle of acquaintances, and now that I've bought and tried it myself... I don't understand the hype!

In terms of pluses, I would say that the packaging is quite nice. It's not one of those bulky Rimmel cylinders that barely allow your makeup bag to close; it's sleek, the design follows a nice modern aesthetic, and the colours are nice and bright.
I also really like the wand - it's soft, for a start; not one of those horrific plastic eye-torturers. For my eye shape and size, it's the perfect applicator.

Unfortunately, that's where my positive experience of the product ends. Personally, I just feel that I've owned better mascaras in the past. Great Lash doesn't live up to its name for me at all; I find that it gives me no curl, negligible lengthening and certainly doesn't do much to thicken my lashes. I seem to have to pile it on to get any sort of effect, which is where my real frustration with Great Lash becomes apparent.
As other reviewers have noted, the formula is very wet - with this mascara, I often find that it transfers really easily onto my upper eyelid, which is something that doesn't happen for me with other products. It's relatively cheap, so I don't feel like I wasted money on this product, but given its reputation... meh. Definitely not a stand-out, special mascara as far as I can tell.

I don't think I'll be repurchasing this one. My search for a HG mascara continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by piekko

I have been using Great Lash mascara for over 30 years, probably started using it because I saw it was a product my mother used as well, growing up. This product is around yet today because of its unique formula-one that goes on well with just the right applicator, rarely clumps your lashes together, and boy, is it ever waterproof! I like that it comes in different shades now, giving women more choices (which we love), for different looks. I stick with the Very Black color, and even use the applicator to line my lower eyelids as well. Definitely one of the best cosmetic products on the market.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great Lash - it seems like it was so popular and amazing, especially how it was advertised. It definitely isn't! If you read any other review on MakeupAlley about it, you'll see how many people it didn't work wonders on.

Supposedly, according to Maybelline, "Great Lash mascaras make full, glamorous and clump-free lashes that are effortless to achieve and impossible to ignore."

Unfortunately, even it wasn't very clumpy, this mascara was incredibly thin. My lashes looked like nothing, other than a few measly clumps. No added length, volume, and most definitely NOT glamorous - especially by the end of the day.

There were flaky bits under my eyes and made my dark circles look zombie-like. Not to mention, I take time to curl my stick straight lashes. They curl, but right when I apply this mascara, they actually DROOP down. That's something.

The clear "Great Lash" isn't much better; in terms of holding curl. But it's hard to expect a clear mascara to add lots of volume and length, so I like using it as a brow gel. It works fine.

Definitely do not recommend Great Lash. Mascaras are a girl's best friend, but this one didn't make it. Even for about $5. I recommend The Rocket Volum' Express, The Colossal, Falsies Flared, Pumped Up... Maybelline has a great array of mascaras, but this one I give 1/5 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by LolaBrw

This mascara made me cry. Literally, my eyes wouldn't stop watering. It also smudged like crazy! I normally don't have issues with mascaras like I did with this one. I got the Noir Black and the Royal Blue (which sadly doesn't even show up blue at all).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product on a whim- for the price, it seemed like a good deal.
I bought the clear formula, which, is great for my brows, but does absolutely nothing for my lashes. Sure, it keeps them long for a minute or two, but the formula is so watery that they fall flat not long after applying. It really disappointed me, considering Maybelline makes so many other great mascaras.
The day after I bought it, I applied it like usual and before I could put the brush back in the tube, it fell off the wand.
Yeah.
Thankfully, it didn't fall off while in the tube. Right before I ran out of the product, it became goopy and was almost inoperable. Also, the brush fell off, again, and this time, I couldn't fix it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by johnnsmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara. Extremely waterproof, almost a pain to get off. Good length. It works best as a second mascara to put on top of another

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Why is this product still talked about so much? I don't know of anyone who actually likes it. The bristles on the brush are spaced out in is such a way that this doesn't do anything for my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by kristyb114

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have no clue why so many magazines recommend this garbage or why it has so many faithfuls. I am not anti drugstore makeup I must say first. There are plenty of fantastic choices there. I'm just saying this is not it.

This mascara never really dries completely. It will end up half way down your face by then end of the day. And FORGET it if it's humid out. You're definitely SOL then. I once opened the oven and my lashes immediately stuck together.

To top it off this stuff smells nasty. It may not be expensive but seriously don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Maryangels96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never hated a mascara more in my life than this one, and i have tried a lot. Its by far the worst, it smells bad, it smudges to easily, the brush it terrible and it did absolutely NOTHING at all than ruin my eye makeup. TERRIBLE!!