August 20, 2014 | 949 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm trying to be fair to this product since it's not a colour I actually chose or ever would choose. It came in a pre-made palette (the first Balmbini palette) so I had no choice in the matter but perhaps that isn't a fair reason to take marks off but still....if it helps someone else avoid buying this because they have colouring like mine but think this might work for them, that's a valid enough reason.

Because I'm very cool toned and pale, peachy toned blushes just aren't the most flattering or natural looking on me. I've tried a few - Benefit Coralista, MAC Morning Breeze and Hot Mama. As I say, it's not a blush I'd have purchased on its own. And it is a perfectly good blush in terms of quality. It applied very beautifully and leaves a lovely finish (not super-glittery but also not flat and dry). It does seem to last well, on those few times I've worn it (I can get away with it a bit better in summer-time than in cooler weather). While I'm not wild about cardboard packaging, the Balmbini packaging is very clever and even in its individual packaging, the lid holds on well and there is a decent sized mirror integrated into the package. So, all in all, a great blush in okay packaging but just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by samanthaalexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product for me. It's my go to blush and has caused my other blushes to sit in the back of my makeup drawer unused. I love a natural, yet glowing look and this blush gives me just that. It doesn't have the best color pay off, but I like that about this product (I can really control how much color I want). It's a beautiful color: peach/coral with gold shimmer (not glitter or chunks of spark). I have pale skin, especially now that it's winter, and it really brightens my complexion without having to use a bronzer which would make my skin look fake and orange in its current state. Whenever using this product, I have people compliment me on my skin. It leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and doesn't make my acne prone skin break out. Because of the universal color, I think this will also be a great color for me when my skin goes more medium in the summer months. It's also a great value for your money (I always buy it on sale).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by EozS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This blush has ruined me for other blushes! The colour is really nice and versatile, with just enough shimmer to look fresh and bright. It applies smoothly and lightly so you can do a lot or a little. Plus the packaging is adorable! Love it love it love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by lane87

I love this blush. Good color, good application, and it doesnt smell funny. The powder doesn't smear off on clothes too easily and it looks really fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lollidolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! The most beautiful golden peachy shimmer. Very pigmented. The packaging is adorable! I think this would suit many skin types. It's truly amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by golightlyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got a sample of this in my birchbox and I LOVE it. The color is good for any season--when I'm more tan is the summer, I can see this giving me a nice bronzey glow, but for now in the winter, it adds a nice pink hue and makes me look healthy instead of deathly pale like I really am. I have moderate acne and while most of it can be covered up, my skin is not smooth under the makeup--nothing I can really do about that. I tend to shy away from things with glitter and sheen because it seems to pick up on the uneven texture of my skin, making it seem worse. However the shimmer in this blush is so subtle that I don't have a problem! Yay!

I am planning to purchase through Birchbox, which is a big deal seeing as I haven't purchased ANYTHING from them and was planning on hoarding my points for a big purchase, so this stuff must be good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite regular blushes is Nars Orgasm. When I received a sample of this in my Birchbox this month, I compared it against the Orgasm I have now, and the color is very similar. It isn't quite as pigmented, but Hot Mama still looks flattering against my pale skin. I love the light shimmer and the soft glow. I will probably end up purchasing a full sized product at some point.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Mazilu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you love Nars Orgasm, Hot Mama is almost exactly the same colour and somewhat less expensive. A wonderful eye-shadow too, when I'm in a hurry, I just sweep what's left on my blush brush over my lids and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by robinharmony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This blush is a tiny bit expensive, but so worth it. I absolutely love this blush, it is my favorite by far. It is a peach tone with a slight gold sheen, so for my skin type and color it gives me a glow. It's like a blush and highlight in one. And I really love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful blush with just the right amount of shimmer. It can also work as an eyeshadow. The small packaging makes it easy to fit in a travel makeup bag.