April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

at first, i hated this fragrance. I thought it smelled like a mens cologne more than a womens perfume. After neglecting this fragrance for a very long time, i decided to give it another try and absolutely fell in love with it.. weird i know. It is very warm and sophisticated. i think its rather seductive and sexy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought it when it got released and since then I've been using it as one of my summer fragrances.

It's really fresh and summer-ish and the bottle is really pretty too

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to many fragrances. I got a sample of this and that was it I had to have it for Spring and Summer. It smells strong in the bottle but its very wearable on skin. Fresh and nice for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by PandaPurr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After sniffing the Chanel No.5,and having delurious expectations,I was set up on a melancholy of regret.The annoying assistant,who you might of thought was bouncy and fun,suggested I was a sporty girl.Even though thats absloutely not true,I gave a citrus kick a go.

For me,soft apples and powder is mixed,with some heavenly lime and lemon.It settled into a thicker musk and vanilla throughout the day.And even though I didn't buy it,the scent is clearly iconic and beautiful.

For casual or sporty people,who want to splurge,your anwser is in a bottle.Spray it and be enchanted into th world of powdery apples..
Or maybe not.I guess its how you see a fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

The only positive thing about this is that it does last pretty long on me. As far as the scent, I dislike it. It leans more towards to citrus side which is great for Spring/Summer seasons. However, this scent later gave me a headache. The lemon scent I smell is too strong. Also, I don't know why, but I feel that this is a scent that can be found in men's cologne...doesn't seem too feminine to me. Try a sample before you purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by via1313

I have been going back and forth on this fragrance for about a year. The price has kept me from buying it. It does have that fresh "limey" sicilian lime as DnG light blue, but it is definitely more refined and has that "chanel note" that fluidly runs throughout the Chanel line, no 5, coco mademoiselle, original chance edp all have that note that is what I call the Chanel signature. Kind of like brand new dollar bills in a nice leather wallet. It is that scent that you get when you pull the bills out of the wallet, a faint crisp paper smell mixed with leather. I smell this in the background of all chanel scents. So, that is definitely what makes this smell different than light blue, not to mention that the base is similar to the original chance. Upon spraying you will get a blast of lime and something fresh and effervescent, sort of like a sparkling lime soda mixed with vodka with a sliver of lime rind floating on the top. That being said, I spray it often as when go into sephora and have gotten various samples. For a while I thought I was in love with it, but just can't fork over the ninety something dollars for this when for the same amount of cash I can get something more interesting. It is a very refreshing fragrance, but on me doesn't seem to develop or morph into anything else except lime. The original chance edp seems to have more depth and character and seems that it can work in the office, cocktails, formal events, summer, winter, etc. Eau fraiche would be great for someone sporty or for summer time. Nevertheless, I certainly wouldn't push away a bottle of this if it came my way. One more thing, the topper of this bottle is cheap plastic, whereas the top on the edp is a nice heavy metal cap that looks so elegant. Lastly, if you are on the fence about this like I am, or arenkt sure you want to spend 90 plus tax on this just yet, they do have a 3.4 oz body mist for 40 dollars. It smells great, it just doesn't last as long. But I sampled it at macy's the other day and sprayed it in my hair lightly and it smelled great. Pretty close to the edt, just didn't last as long. I recently smelled lacoste's Joy of PINK and I am in love. It was what I wanted chance eau fraiche to be, but it has top notes of grapefruit instead of lime and is just beautiful. It is also more affordable to use as a daytime fragrance. I will be buying some Joy of pink soon and will report back with my findings. Update: I eventually bought this...I love it! I'm almost done with the 3.4 oz bottle and I think I will buy another and possibly with the body lotion or body cream!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

So I got a sample of this along with the original chance, I didn't expect much out of either and I wasn't surprised when I didn't like either. But, I gave the eau fraiche to my boyfriend after I tried it because I was convinced it was for men. Well, I was just cruising the chanel website and realized they did in fact have it listed under the women's fragrances. So now my poor boyfriend is wearing a woman's perfume. HEHEHE. I swear this smells like men's cologne, I swear...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by missashley884

this perfume is fresh and chic. Definately want to stock up on a ton of these!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice and fresh but it's not a signature scent for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by ceen

This is to summer what Chanel's Coco is to winter: the ideal fragrance partner. Seductively light, fresh and alluring. A genuine must-have for holidays in the sun.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No