October 20, 2014 | 2004 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 5 of these brushes and they are the best I have ever used. They are perfect for MMU. It allows you to get heavier coverage than the kabuki.

I wash after each use. They do shed a bit sometimes (2 hairs per wash), but it's no big deal. My oldest brush is ~5 years old and I can't tell the difference between the ones I opened first and the ones I opened last year. I wash these with whatever shampoo I have on hand but I find that baby wash is the best.

I recently bought an EcoTools bronzer brush which receives rave reviews here. People claim that they use it to apply MMU, but I really don't see how that is possible because it is much too fluffy. I only use it for bronzer, which is what it is meant for. EDM's flat top is much denser. I can apply blush and foundation with it, making it more versatile than the EcoTools. It is also super soft (as soft as EcoTools). I also tried the flat top from Make Up Artist's Choice and found it quite scratchy and it cost more $. So out of the 3, I would choose EDM hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by BluePlastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for a few years and just never thought to do a review on it. It works great for mineral foundation, but lately I have been using liquid foundation more often and it works well for that, too. It's very dense and quite soft. It seems to provide a good amount of coverage for whatever kind of foundation you are using. The handle is short and it takes a little extra time to dry after washing, but not bad. I have never had *any* shedding at all with this brush. I need to get another one of these as a backup just in case I ever lost it or anything. I've had it for a few years, as I said, and it seems to be holding up well so the durability is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by giasabine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have owned this brush for a couple of years now. It is the best mineral foundation brush ever! It is a lot softer than the natural hair foundation brushes I used to have before this one. It does not shed, and there is no breakage of the individual bristles, like I had experienced with the natural hair brushes. I also like the fact that the handles are made of bamboo, a sound environmental choice.

I also purchased the long handled Kabuki and Angled Blush Brush and have been happy with them as well. The only one I did not like was the Everyday Eyeshadow Brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is the best! Perfect for Mineral Foundation! Soooo soft and offers an option of coverage. Do one layer of foundation if you want light coverage, and continue to add the more coverage you want. And the brush is sooooooo soft. So many kabuki brushes are rough and don't feel good on the sking.
I sometimes will spray Fix+ (or a mixing medium) on the brush first, just one spritz, and this also assists in offering an even smoother coverage.

I also really like their 'Eye Kabuki Brush'. Some people think it is too big for the eye area, but I think its perfect for really blending eye shadows and just like the flat top, it is SUPER soft.

Everyone and anyone who wears mineral foundation should use this brush! And anyone who uses mineral foundation should us Everyday Minerals (hehe)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by nmatthews

I L-O-V-E this brush. I decided to give this brush a try about two or three years ago. The kabuki brush just seemed too soft and it took me forever to build up the fuller, heavier coverage that I am comfortable with. I use this brush for my everyday minerals foundation application. This is a very dense brush. I have rosacea bump/acne scarring on the sides of my face that is particularly disturbing to me and this is the only brush that I have found that doesn't take an hour to build up to a full enough coverage to cover up all of the flaws over there on the sides. The brush is also idea for helping create an airbrushed look by gently blotting your face with the bristles. I have combination skin and when my skin is oily this brush makes buffing the makeup in very, very, very easy. When my skin or portions of my skin go dry I do have to make sure that I moisturize very well otherwise the brush does feel like it's just flat hard bristles hitting my face and sitting on the surface. Also I use a very big short handled kabuki to buff out the center of my face. The bottom line for me is to go easy with using this brush in the center of your face or where ever you need a little less coverage and to let it fly where you are looking for heavier coverage. I have had this brush about two to three years now and have had no problems whatsoever with the handle. After seeing several reviews noting issues with the handle I wonder if maybe the company got their hands on a bad batch so to speak. For the price if my handle goes bad or begins to come apart I will buy two, one plus an extra so I don't have to go without. I have had no shedding whatsoever, period. None. When I made the purchase of several of EM's brushes at the same time I was hesitant. I had always believed that natural bristles were better while even at the same time cringed at the thought of not going cruelty free. I literally had to double check the company's website after using this and their other brushes. The brush is so soft and performs so fabulously it was difficult for me to believe it was indeed synthetic. I've had "natural" brushes before and they were not anywhere near as soft or as good as this one is. I've bought several of these brushes to give as gifts and can't imagine applying my makeup without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by erodrig44

When I bought some Jane Iredale makeup this past Christmas, I had already spent $75 for the concealer, pressed powder foundation, and setting spray that I refused to pay $50 for their flat top brush so I bought this instead. I LOVE IT! I don't wear my JI all that often, I've gone back to my old routine, but Iove this for either look. I use it everyday and am planning on buying another one so I can take turns washing them. I haven't seen any shedding yet, but have been very impressed.I keep it in the sleeve it comes in so it holds its shape. Gives awesome even coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by konayuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this product again? A resounding yes!

I heard so many good reviews on this, and was in desperate need of a decent brush. I was previously using a Kabuki I bought from Ulta. It sheds sheds sheds and sheds. I am a previous Bare Minerals user and those brushes are nothing but scratchy. I got an Eco-Tools Brush, but I really wanted a flat top since they are supposed to give fuller coverage. I didn't really want to order a brush online, I like the convenience and instant gratification of going into a store and getting what I want. But, I'm on a tight budget and was not in the mood to pay forty dollars for a brush.

So I went to the website and bought this along with a base and face color.

When I opened my package I was underwhelmed, to be sure. I actually chuckled out loud. It is so small! I couldn't believe that everyone was talking about this little brush. But when I slipped the plastic cover off. Oh. my. goodness. The bristles are so incredible. It literally feels like velvet on your skin. It feels a-m-azing, but how does it perform?

Equally as well. This flat top is so amazingly dense it only takes about half the amount of foundation I normally use (and I have a less-than-perfect face, so it's a bit) to create such a flawless finish that looks like I have a radiant and perfect complexion, and the coverage is so even there is no need for me to "touch up" any patches of lighter coverage on my skin.

I cannot wait to try out their other brushes. I had to give this review because I was so excited by it. I need to get the whole EM Brush collection now, just based on this one brush! If you are on the fence about this one, hop off it and just buy it. No regrets at all, and I need to get a backup! (or three!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ashlayton

I wish for the "Would you buy this product again?" question there was a "in a heartbeat" option because for this brush that's what I'd check. I use it for liquid foundation on the daily. It washes great for me. I haven't had any problems with the handle although some users below did.

The brush is dense and soft and travel size friendly. It's super cheap, I think I got it for $12. I would buy one for each one of my friends that's how much I believe in this brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bristles are SOOO soft, and this brush does a great job applying my Bare Minerals and liquid foundation. Upsetting thing was that the metal part (with the brush head) detached from the handle when i washed it. So disappointing, luckily i can still hold it and use it (which is why i'm still giving it a 4).
UPDATE: bristles WERE soft, not so much anymore after multiple uses. I would suggest the sigma flat top if you were looking for a flat top kabuki.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by MaMoi89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SUPER SOFT!! It feels like bunny fur. This works fantastically when I apply my mineral foundation and it does a great job doing so. Sometimes I just want to rub this on my face because it feels so nice. When washing it, it takes a while to get all of the makeup out and it takes a long time to dry only because it's so dense. But overall, it's definitely worth the $11 + shipping