October 31, 2014 | 1494 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The 227 is a brush I would have never picked out to buy. My favorite youtube guru Tanya (pixi2woo) uses this brush a lot to apply a sweep of color over the lid, and it just made me want this brush! I finally bought it and I couldn't be happier! After I apply an eyeshadow primer, I always sweep Brule e/s over my lid as a base shadow (I find that doing this helps even out my eyelids since brule is a match for my skin, and also keeps my eyeshadow from creasing) and the 227 is the perfect brush for this!! I also use it to apply other shadows as well when I want a wash of color (i.e Naked Lunch, All That Glitters etc.). This is also a great brush for highlighting the face. It's soo soft and easy to clean - I love it! I only own 4 MAC brushes and so far I love each one for different reason and I will never be without any of them!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by anjalimakh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Where have you been all my makeup life, 227?

My reasons for hunting down this brush were as follows: I needed a LARGE brush with which I could deposit a good amount of color quickly across my entire eyelid (as in 10 seconds). The 239 is good - deposits color well, but it's so small for me that I need a couple minutes to get a nice even wash of color - which is hard because it doesn't cover the whole lid so I have to blend to make it all even. Not good.

This brush is soft yet dense enough that it picks up adequate color with just a tap and deposits it evenly - basically, NO WORK INVOLVED - just swipe & pat a little, and you're good to go. I'm a "neutrals with a kick of color" kind of girl. I usually go w/ a wash on the lid w/ a slightly defined crease - that's it. So when I need to be out the door fast (and who doesn't?), this is the brush I go to.

My 239 is still great. I love it for more precision on my lid (if you can believe that) & lining my lower lashline - that's where it really excels for me. This brush is a must have if you have larger lid space & need a wash of color. If you pack 8 colors on your lid and blend a lot, this probably isn't for you, I'm guessing.

I don't highlight my cheekbones or anything, so I can't speak to that, but the MA did mention that as a purported use of this brush.
I have also tried it for a browbone highlight, but it is slightly too big for that.

BUY THIS BRUSH. You will not regret it. I regret not getting this sooner as a must-have in my collection - coulda saved myself a lot of time!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

First off - I always say that I'd buy Mac brushes again, but the great thing about Mac is that every single brush I've purchased has lasted for more than 5 years. I hope I don't jinx this latest purchase, but my experiences have been great.

This is a really good brush for sweeping on colour across my lid. I also use it to brush on highlighter on the cheekbones and the cupid's bow. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i got it from a friend for a really good price. i wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for the good price and i am so happy i did. so good for my huge eyes,amazing eyebrow highlight and great for packing color, especially light color with low color payout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely a must have brush. The fact that the bristols are stiff makes it a lot easier for you to blend. Sometimes I place the color too high up and I use this brush to blend the color down to where I want it. I also use it to place my eyebrow highlight and it does the job! Get this brush, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the PERFECT brow bone high lighting brush!! I seriously do not know how I lived with out it before! Now when I see all those women or men with those serious highlights that are BOOM in your face I am going to tell them all about this brush! It also helps to blend the crease color if you took it up too high! I cant say enough about this brush. If you are in the market for something like this I HIGHLY recommend it! You can use it for facial high lighting, brow bone high lighting, or all over lid color. In a pinch you could get away with using this for a whole eye look too! Great buy if you are asking me just quite pricey!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by strawberryice77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh-this is my first review here :-) I love this brush... i use it every day for aply e/s all over my lid and for highlight my browbone. In mac counter itīs very expensive (here in germany) but i have the luck to buy it in ebay-auction.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite brushes, it is very multi-purpose. Applies a nice layer of shadow on the eyes but could also be used to blend out already applied eyeshadows. The bigger size makes it perfect for applying highlighter to the cheekbones.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by EdenBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite brushes. I use it for apply highlight to the browbone and cheekbone and to erase harsh lines under the browbone and on the outer corners of the eye and I have used it to contour my nose though this isn't something I do on a regular basis. I've also used it to draw a harsher contour under the cheek. Its lovely and soft and I find myself reaching for this brush everyday. It is expensive but I don't know of a good dupe for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The longer I've had this brush the more I reach for it. I'm surprised how often I use it, pretty much daily. I use it for a quick application, sweep or pat base color then pat eyelid color into the crease then kinda blend a little if needed. I can do the whole quick eyelid application with that one brush, though it may not work for everyone due to the size and shape of everyones eyelids but it works for mine.