January 27, 2015 | 1164 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

This brush is amazing for under the brow hi-light color, it really pulls the look together. What i really love about this brush is that its multi functional, it works as a brow hi lighter, blending, coutouring, all over lid color, and even powdering small tricky sensitive areas such as crevices of the nose and under the eyes. This brush i would most def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by JooYeon

Hands down my favorite brush for applying brow highlight and blending. It is so dense and soft! I was hesitant about buying it at first due to price, but it's worth every single penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The 227 is a brush I would have never picked out to buy. My favorite youtube guru Tanya (pixi2woo) uses this brush a lot to apply a sweep of color over the lid, and it just made me want this brush! I finally bought it and I couldn't be happier! After I apply an eyeshadow primer, I always sweep Brule e/s over my lid as a base shadow (I find that doing this helps even out my eyelids since brule is a match for my skin, and also keeps my eyeshadow from creasing) and the 227 is the perfect brush for this!! I also use it to apply other shadows as well when I want a wash of color (i.e Naked Lunch, All That Glitters etc.). This is also a great brush for highlighting the face. It's soo soft and easy to clean - I love it! I only own 4 MAC brushes and so far I love each one for different reason and I will never be without any of them!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by anjalimakh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Where have you been all my makeup life, 227?

My reasons for hunting down this brush were as follows: I needed a LARGE brush with which I could deposit a good amount of color quickly across my entire eyelid (as in 10 seconds). The 239 is good - deposits color well, but it's so small for me that I need a couple minutes to get a nice even wash of color - which is hard because it doesn't cover the whole lid so I have to blend to make it all even. Not good.

This brush is soft yet dense enough that it picks up adequate color with just a tap and deposits it evenly - basically, NO WORK INVOLVED - just swipe & pat a little, and you're good to go. I'm a "neutrals with a kick of color" kind of girl. I usually go w/ a wash on the lid w/ a slightly defined crease - that's it. So when I need to be out the door fast (and who doesn't?), this is the brush I go to.

My 239 is still great. I love it for more precision on my lid (if you can believe that) & lining my lower lashline - that's where it really excels for me. This brush is a must have if you have larger lid space & need a wash of color. If you pack 8 colors on your lid and blend a lot, this probably isn't for you, I'm guessing.

I don't highlight my cheekbones or anything, so I can't speak to that, but the MA did mention that as a purported use of this brush.
I have also tried it for a browbone highlight, but it is slightly too big for that.

BUY THIS BRUSH. You will not regret it. I regret not getting this sooner as a must-have in my collection - coulda saved myself a lot of time!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

First off - I always say that I'd buy Mac brushes again, but the great thing about Mac is that every single brush I've purchased has lasted for more than 5 years. I hope I don't jinx this latest purchase, but my experiences have been great.

This is a really good brush for sweeping on colour across my lid. I also use it to brush on highlighter on the cheekbones and the cupid's bow. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i got it from a friend for a really good price. i wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for the good price and i am so happy i did. so good for my huge eyes,amazing eyebrow highlight and great for packing color, especially light color with low color payout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely a must have brush. The fact that the bristols are stiff makes it a lot easier for you to blend. Sometimes I place the color too high up and I use this brush to blend the color down to where I want it. I also use it to place my eyebrow highlight and it does the job! Get this brush, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the PERFECT brow bone high lighting brush!! I seriously do not know how I lived with out it before! Now when I see all those women or men with those serious highlights that are BOOM in your face I am going to tell them all about this brush! It also helps to blend the crease color if you took it up too high! I cant say enough about this brush. If you are in the market for something like this I HIGHLY recommend it! You can use it for facial high lighting, brow bone high lighting, or all over lid color. In a pinch you could get away with using this for a whole eye look too! Great buy if you are asking me just quite pricey!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by strawberryice77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh-this is my first review here :-) I love this brush... i use it every day for aply e/s all over my lid and for highlight my browbone. In mac counter itīs very expensive (here in germany) but i have the luck to buy it in ebay-auction.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite brushes, it is very multi-purpose. Applies a nice layer of shadow on the eyes but could also be used to blend out already applied eyeshadows. The bigger size makes it perfect for applying highlighter to the cheekbones.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No