MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

brush hair very good

on 4/8/2011 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Great brush! of course top quality..like always MAC!
I use it for applying powder under my eyes, to set my concealer. Its great for those little areas where your face brush cant go, like around the nose, under eyes etc. I also use it for highlight on the browbone, for those who dont like too much brow highlight. or it looking too shiny on the browbone, it applies the right 'hint' and blends at the same time, for a natural finish.
Also great for packing glitter on lid, for overall shimmer.

LOVE that it is multi-use, you can use it anywhere. Great buy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brush is amazing for under the brow hi-light color, it really pulls the look together. What i really love about this brush is that its multi functional, it works as a brow hi lighter, blending, coutouring, all over lid color, and even powdering small tricky sensitive areas such as crevices of the nose and under the eyes. This brush i would most def. repurchase.

on 1/2/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down my favorite brush for applying brow highlight and blending. It is so dense and soft! I was hesitant about buying it at first due to price, but it's worth every single penny!

on 9/12/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The 227 is a brush I would have never picked out to buy. My favorite youtube guru Tanya (pixi2woo) uses this brush a lot to apply a sweep of color over the lid, and it just made me want this brush! I finally bought it and I couldn't be happier! After I apply an eyeshadow primer, I always sweep Brule e/s over my lid as a base shadow (I find that doing this helps even out my eyelids since brule is a match for my skin, and also keeps my eyeshadow from creasing) and the 227 is the perfect brush for this!! I also use it to apply other shadows as well when I want a wash of color (i.e Naked Lunch, All That Glitters etc.). This is also a great brush for highlighting the face. It's soo soft and easy to clean - I love it! I only own 4 MAC brushes and so far I love each one for different reason and I will never be without any of them!

on 9/9/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Where have you been all my makeup life, 227?

My reasons for hunting down this brush were as follows: I needed a LARGE brush with which I could deposit a good amount of color quickly across my entire eyelid (as in 10 seconds). The 239 is good - deposits color well, but it's so small for me that I need a couple minutes to get a nice even wash of color - which is hard because it doesn't cover the whole lid so I have to blend to make it all even. Not good.

This brush is soft yet dense enough that it picks up adequate color with just a tap and deposits it evenly - basically, NO WORK INVOLVED - just swipe & pat a little, and you're good to go. I'm a "neutrals with a kick of color" kind of girl. I usually go w/ a wash on the lid w/ a slightly defined crease - that's it. So when I need to be out the door fast (and who doesn't?), this is the brush I go to.

My 239 is still great. I love it for more precision on my lid (if you can believe that) & lining my lower lashline - that's where it really excels for me. This brush is a must have if you have larger lid space & need a wash of color. If you pack 8 colors on your lid and blend a lot, this probably isn't for you, I'm guessing.

I don't highlight my cheekbones or anything, so I can't speak to that, but the MA did mention that as a purported use of this brush.
I have also tried it for a browbone highlight, but it is slightly too big for that.

BUY THIS BRUSH. You will not regret it. I regret not getting this sooner as a must-have in my collection - coulda saved myself a lot of time!

on 9/3/2010 9:21:00 AM

First off - I always say that I'd buy Mac brushes again, but the great thing about Mac is that every single brush I've purchased has lasted for more than 5 years. I hope I don't jinx this latest purchase, but my experiences have been great.

This is a really good brush for sweeping on colour across my lid. I also use it to brush on highlighter on the cheekbones and the cupid's bow. Highly recommended!

on 8/8/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i got it from a friend for a really good price. i wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for the good price and i am so happy i did. so good for my huge eyes,amazing eyebrow highlight and great for packing color, especially light color with low color payout.

on 7/10/2010 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Definitely a must have brush. The fact that the bristols are stiff makes it a lot easier for you to blend. Sometimes I place the color too high up and I use this brush to blend the color down to where I want it. I also use it to place my eyebrow highlight and it does the job! Get this brush, you won't regret it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the PERFECT brow bone high lighting brush!! I seriously do not know how I lived with out it before! Now when I see all those women or men with those serious highlights that are BOOM in your face I am going to tell them all about this brush! It also helps to blend the crease color if you took it up too high! I cant say enough about this brush. If you are in the market for something like this I HIGHLY recommend it! You can use it for facial high lighting, brow bone high lighting, or all over lid color. In a pinch you could get away with using this for a whole eye look too! Great buy if you are asking me just quite pricey!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Oh-this is my first review here :-) I love this brush... i use it every day for aply e/s all over my lid and for highlight my browbone. In mac counter itīs very expensive (here in germany) but i have the luck to buy it in ebay-auction.