September 1, 2014 | 2011 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Summer Color Self-Tanning Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by bekkah09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have light olive skin that gets a bit sallow looking during the winter months. I use this product to brighten up my skin! It looks so natural even my own mom asked when I was out to get a tan! Just as a tip: be careful to wash palms afterward because it will turn orange and make you look unnatural. BUT, if you are careful about that, then the overall result looks NATURAL! I only have two complaints. The first is the smell. It may just be me, but the smell literally gives me a headache! It's so sweet that it makes me a little nauseated. Secondly, the product spits out and causes a mess so be careful. Still though, this is THE BEST self-tanner I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Rspicci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first started using this a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. Now? Not so much. The product is fine, however, the last 3 cans I purchased have not sprayed properly. These were purchased at different times at 3 separate stores. I don't think they were from the same lot as they were purchased many months apart. The first use of each can caused much sputtering and very little product was dispensed. I finally tossed 2 in the garbage as I couldn't find the receipts and neither Target or Rite Aid would take them back without the receipt. Thinking to give it another shot, I bought a can about 3 weeks ago at Wal-Mart and guess what? It's not working either. I am going to contact Banana Boat about this. Has anyone else had this problem? If Banana Boat can fix this problem, then I will purchase again, if not, I won't take any more chances.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by dameunbeso06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I use it on top of jergens daily glow express every day or every other day, depending on my color base. It works great, esp for areas like hands and faces, where you don't want to get obvious streaks or orange patches between fingers, by the nose area, etc. It takes a while to build color but I think thats better than looking like an oompa-loompa over night. I spray it with a napkin or towel between my finger and the nozzle; unless I do that, the can slips out of my grip or gives an unsteady application. The scent is kind of a weird version of citrus, but it smells much better than the usual sunless tanners. ((they all kind of smell like bad feet to me! lol)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I think this product is amazing. I bought it when I needed a tan in a hurry, and it gave me a wonderful glow. I had a handful of people ask me about my tan and I got great compliments on it. I was very quick to share my secret (since I had been pretty pale only several days before, I didn't feel compelled to be dishonest). When I used it, I wasn't stark white, but hadn't had a lot of sun for the year, and I am fairly fair, so I was very pleased with the fact it made me several shades darker. I do want to mention that I sprayed it on my mom (who is very, very light) and she stated that she was all streaked up. I did not have any streaking (all my girlfriends were looking when it came up and no one found any). Anyway, I did buy it again, and it will remain a summer staple item for me. One last thing, I tried a lot of the other sprays, and this was the one that didn't smell too bad. It doesn't smell awesome, but it isn't even close to smelling like the other self tanners I am use to. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by brasscupcakes

Well, it didn't turn me orange -- or any other color.

Guess I should have realized the DHA level would be low, as the can states its for all skin colors.

I'm olive skinned, but still pretty fair in certain areas and though I tested it there, too, nada.

I only bought this because I haven't been able to find Sally Hansen Airbrush Sun and I'd already tried the Neutrogena spray and didn't like it.

Very htf, since Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs got so popular. I wish they'd make it clearer on the label that it's make-up rather than tanner -- the merchants near me weren't aware there's a difference.

Airbrush Sun sprays quite evenly and makes you nice and brown, unlike Summer Color.

I will say, however, that the smell is not at all unpleasant (probably because it contains so little DHA)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by BayMo1217

I dont think i can say enough about this product! Last night was my first time using a "self-tanner" although i have used Jergens natural glow lotion for about 3 years now. A friend had bought this for me a couple months ago and i kept it tucked away because i was so scared of using self-tanners because of all of the horrific "orangy-streaks" stories. But I am going to a family reunion soon and I wanted some sort of tan. I was amazed how easy it was for a first timer like me and the color is AMAZING... no orange and no streaks! The color also looks like a subtle tan and not a horrible orange fake-and-bake look. With the Jergens lotion, you couldnt get it on your ankles, toes, finger knuckles, or wrist because the color would get dark orange. With this Banana Boat spray there were no problems at all. I didnt directly spray my feet I just let the extra from when i was spraying my legs kind of fall on my feet. Instead of using the spray in a stripe motion going just up and down I used it in a clock-wise and counter clock-wise motion going in circles and i think that is what helped with the no streaking. I will ABSOLUTLY buy again but there was one downside for me using this product and that is the drying time. Since this was my first time using a self-tanner im not sure how long it usually takes, but for me it took a few hours and it does get all over the bathroom floor so next time i will just use it standing up in the bath tub. Fantastic product! Kudos to Banana Boat

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by limelipgloss

This product is interesting.

I like these things about it: it smells much better than all of the other sunless tanners I've used, it does have a slight citrus scent like the label claims; it gave me believable golden brown color- very pretty! Not a hint of orange, no streaks. And the spray application went on more evenly than lotion, also dried faster.

However, there was one big problem with this product- unless you are able to use it in an area that you don't care about getting this spray on, it makes a huge mess! I undressed and used it in my bathroom but had to be really careful about not pointing the bottle anywhere near a towel or shower curtain, or my wooden cabinets, etc, and after I had applied the spray I had to wipe down every surface in my bathroom and wash the floor. My floor was still sticky after washing it twice.

Because of the mess factor, I won't be repurchasing, but if you can figure out how to use this without getting it everywhere- you should try it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by petitechick

The "citrus" scent smelled like bug spray. It didn't go on so evenly, and generally turned me orange. Also it was very easy to use up most of the can, so not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

I usually use Neutrogena's MicroMist which I love but I ended up buying this the other day because it's 3 bucks cheaper a can at Walmart. I'll admit there are things I like and dislike about both. The Neutrogena version goes on a lot smoother and finer than the BB. The citrus smell is a little overwhelming at first but I think I prefer it. But for the end result (the tan), I actually like the color of the BB better. It gives me a nice golden tan after two applications. I imagine using this once a day or every other day will help hold onto that color. Yes, this can does sputter a bit but I've used it 3 times now and I've hand no streaking. I hold it about 16 inches away when I spray and it doesn't pool up anywhere really. If it does, I just rub it in. Definitely worth the almost $7 I paid for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first sprayed this self-tanner on me, it almost seemed clogged and did not go on evenly. As others have also mentioned, it is quite tacky. On the plus side, the color when dried is a very believable light tan. Not at all orange. It also does not have that 'self-tanner smell' at all. It is more of a citrus scent. Overall, a fairly decent self-tanner but will not be buying again. The search for the perfect self-tanner continues for me.