Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Mist

3.6

on 4/26/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This gives me a great color without making me look too orange. The first time I used it I had streaks everywhere. I later went back over the spots I had missed and my "tan" looked even. I don't like that it comes out clear and in less than a week I had used half the bottle. I will keep using this until I develop some color from being outside this summer.

This is the best drugstore self tanner I've found. I have bought this twice and never had an issue with the spray getting clogged or not working. I put it on very lightly and the color is natural on my uber-fair skin. Best of all, it actually smells kind of....good! I will keep repurchasing this, but as with all self tanners, application skills are required for good results!

on 3/14/2010 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have light olive skin that gets a bit sallow looking during the winter months. I use this product to brighten up my skin! It looks so natural even my own mom asked when I was out to get a tan! Just as a tip: be careful to wash palms afterward because it will turn orange and make you look unnatural. BUT, if you are careful about that, then the overall result looks NATURAL! I only have two complaints. The first is the smell. It may just be me, but the smell literally gives me a headache! It's so sweet that it makes me a little nauseated. Secondly, the product spits out and causes a mess so be careful. Still though, this is THE BEST self-tanner I've ever used.

on 1/16/2010 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I first started using this a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. Now? Not so much. The product is fine, however, the last 3 cans I purchased have not sprayed properly. These were purchased at different times at 3 separate stores. I don't think they were from the same lot as they were purchased many months apart. The first use of each can caused much sputtering and very little product was dispensed. I finally tossed 2 in the garbage as I couldn't find the receipts and neither Target or Rite Aid would take them back without the receipt. Thinking to give it another shot, I bought a can about 3 weeks ago at Wal-Mart and guess what? It's not working either. I am going to contact Banana Boat about this. Has anyone else had this problem? If Banana Boat can fix this problem, then I will purchase again, if not, I won't take any more chances.

on 10/10/2009 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it on top of jergens daily glow express every day or every other day, depending on my color base. It works great, esp for areas like hands and faces, where you don't want to get obvious streaks or orange patches between fingers, by the nose area, etc. It takes a while to build color but I think thats better than looking like an oompa-loompa over night. I spray it with a napkin or towel between my finger and the nozzle; unless I do that, the can slips out of my grip or gives an unsteady application. The scent is kind of a weird version of citrus, but it smells much better than the usual sunless tanners. ((they all kind of smell like bad feet to me! lol)

on 8/31/2009 9:43:00 PM

I think this product is amazing. I bought it when I needed a tan in a hurry, and it gave me a wonderful glow. I had a handful of people ask me about my tan and I got great compliments on it. I was very quick to share my secret (since I had been pretty pale only several days before, I didn't feel compelled to be dishonest). When I used it, I wasn't stark white, but hadn't had a lot of sun for the year, and I am fairly fair, so I was very pleased with the fact it made me several shades darker. I do want to mention that I sprayed it on my mom (who is very, very light) and she stated that she was all streaked up. I did not have any streaking (all my girlfriends were looking when it came up and no one found any). Anyway, I did buy it again, and it will remain a summer staple item for me. One last thing, I tried a lot of the other sprays, and this was the one that didn't smell too bad. It doesn't smell awesome, but it isn't even close to smelling like the other self tanners I am use to. Great product!

Well, it didn't turn me orange -- or any other color.

Guess I should have realized the DHA level would be low, as the can states its for all skin colors.

I'm olive skinned, but still pretty fair in certain areas and though I tested it there, too, nada.

I only bought this because I haven't been able to find Sally Hansen Airbrush Sun and I'd already tried the Neutrogena spray and didn't like it.

Very htf, since Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs got so popular. I wish they'd make it clearer on the label that it's make-up rather than tanner -- the merchants near me weren't aware there's a difference.

Airbrush Sun sprays quite evenly and makes you nice and brown, unlike Summer Color.

I will say, however, that the smell is not at all unpleasant (probably because it contains so little DHA)

on 6/18/2009 1:35:00 PM

I dont think i can say enough about this product! Last night was my first time using a "self-tanner" although i have used Jergens natural glow lotion for about 3 years now. A friend had bought this for me a couple months ago and i kept it tucked away because i was so scared of using self-tanners because of all of the horrific "orangy-streaks" stories. But I am going to a family reunion soon and I wanted some sort of tan. I was amazed how easy it was for a first timer like me and the color is AMAZING... no orange and no streaks! The color also looks like a subtle tan and not a horrible orange fake-and-bake look. With the Jergens lotion, you couldnt get it on your ankles, toes, finger knuckles, or wrist because the color would get dark orange. With this Banana Boat spray there were no problems at all. I didnt directly spray my feet I just let the extra from when i was spraying my legs kind of fall on my feet. Instead of using the spray in a stripe motion going just up and down I used it in a clock-wise and counter clock-wise motion going in circles and i think that is what helped with the no streaking. I will ABSOLUTLY buy again but there was one downside for me using this product and that is the drying time. Since this was my first time using a self-tanner im not sure how long it usually takes, but for me it took a few hours and it does get all over the bathroom floor so next time i will just use it standing up in the bath tub. Fantastic product! Kudos to Banana Boat

on 6/17/2009 3:59:00 AM

This product is interesting.

I like these things about it: it smells much better than all of the other sunless tanners I've used, it does have a slight citrus scent like the label claims; it gave me believable golden brown color- very pretty! Not a hint of orange, no streaks. And the spray application went on more evenly than lotion, also dried faster.

However, there was one big problem with this product- unless you are able to use it in an area that you don't care about getting this spray on, it makes a huge mess! I undressed and used it in my bathroom but had to be really careful about not pointing the bottle anywhere near a towel or shower curtain, or my wooden cabinets, etc, and after I had applied the spray I had to wipe down every surface in my bathroom and wash the floor. My floor was still sticky after washing it twice.

Because of the mess factor, I won't be repurchasing, but if you can figure out how to use this without getting it everywhere- you should try it.

on 6/15/2009 3:01:00 PM

The "citrus" scent smelled like bug spray. It didn't go on so evenly, and generally turned me orange. Also it was very easy to use up most of the can, so not worth the price.

Top Rated Banana Boat Products