Joico Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo

4.2

on 6/4/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to love Shimmerlights, although it was fairly drying, I love the smell! An MUA'er recommended this to me, which I had tried in the past and admittedly, didn't give it the props it deserves. It is SO PIGMENTED and does it's job. Even if I don't leave it on for the full 3-5 minutes, my blonde still looks way brighter when I'm done. The smell is subtle and not as nostalgic as my Shimmerlights but it will suffice. This also doesn't seem to dry my hair out as much. I purchased this as well as the violet conditioner and a small sample of the K-Pak Rejuvinator at a local salon for like $20.00. Pretty good deal.

on 4/10/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE THIS STUFF! Over the years, I've tried different violet shampoos to give my ash blonde hair the shine I crave (and get rid of yellow/orange brassy tones) and I always come back to this. It's perfection. It is a very deep violet and leaving it in damp hair for a few minutes before rinsing is the key to success. You don't have to use it every day to keep the brass away. This is truly the best of the best when it comes to violet shampoos.

UPDATE: Ugh, this new Sulfate-Free version sucks! I gave it three months and that was too long. My hair feels dry, the color is dull and IT DOESN'T TONE THE YELLOW OR BRASSINESS OUT! The new formula is worthless, so after years of this being my HG, I am on the hunt for something to replace it.

on 4/8/2012 11:39:00 PM

I don't use this often as my hair doesn't tend to get all that brassy, and I don't really have the time, but I can definitely notice the difference afterwards. I love the way it smells as well. The only thing I have a problem with is that I can't use it by itself on my hair, or it just doesn't feel clean and it leaves it greasy! It doesn't lather very well, so I always wash my hair with my regular shampoo first, rinse, use this shampoo then use half violet conditioner/half regular conditioner. Still works the same. Overall nice product and will repurchase when I've run out :)

on 1/31/2012 3:28:00 AM

BEST PURPLE SHAMPOO! It's DARK purple, smells amazing!
I used this on just bleached roots (end were white with a little brass to them) and it turned my hair grayish white! Followed by a shampoo & conditioner, it knocked some of the gray out.
Recommend to anyone with blonde hair!

on 11/18/2011 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is the BEST purple toneing shampoo it is soo rich and pigmented, also this doesnt dry out my clients hair like the clarolshimmerlights one does PS: shimmerlights smells grossss!!! this shampoo smells great and gets all the bigbird yellow tones out the first try!! (: will reperchase

on 11/13/2011 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Regret buyin big bottle takin long time to use up..its now my "when i dont have somethin better" backup poo mediocre results but is not damaging..wont help keep difficult reds in(i know i know), as i said..mothin special..

on 9/13/2011 3:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have fine wavy hair which are naturally strawberry blond with a lot of orange pigment in them which make them appear red sometimes. I never liked lots of orange and therefore use violet shampoos on a regular basis to tone it down a bit and make my hair appear a more cool tone. This shampoo does the job and feels gentle enough against dry hair. Will repurchase.

on 7/21/2011 7:44:00 PM

Does what it says. Is a very well formulated and deep violet shampoo that will knock out any brassy tones probably within a weeks of use. Please be advised though- for hair that is super dry and damaged, a thicker conditioner should be used after.

on 7/13/2011 3:58:00 PM

this is great as a weekly or bi-weekly shampoo to get rid of brassiness in blonde hair. this stuff is intense though so don't use it too much or you'll look grey! this stuff is definitely an HG for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Not entirely sure how much I like this stuff. I've always wanted white-silver hair, and this stuff just... eh. I was told to leave in purple shampoo longer if I'm trying to achieve the silver look, but when I left this in for 20 minutes, 15 minutes, 10, it always gave me purple ends and gray roots. What I'm thinking is that I need to bleach my hair AGAIN, which I really do not want to do. However, this stuff does give me a very nice ash blonde when I just leave it in for 3 minutes. I guess I'm going to have to settle for that until then. Love the scent, though, and I think even if this doesn't work after bleaching another time, I'm still going to repurchase because the scent is to die for.

Popular Shampoos