August 1, 2014 | 1827 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by alisonb77

The brush for this is so fat that it doesn't define or separate the lashes and I have to use a lash comb as well. Once I have done this, the end result is dramatic and thick looking lashes but there are better mascaras out there that give the same result without so much effort.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Chabli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

DON'T BUY THIS.
Unless you WANT gloopy lashes and you enjoy your mascara running down your face. Really. The cheapest mascaras don't cause raccoon eyes any more, but THIS stuff does. Save your money, worst mascara ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by apalazon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a complimentary mascara after the normal diorshow mascara, to give that extra drama effect. It absolutely works for me.. it is total black out

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was recommended for dramatic lashes!! Pffft what a croc!! Maybe ok for everyday lashes maybe, but for the ridiculous price $52AUD, you can definately find better. It IRRITATED my eyes and eyelids, above my crease became very red and sensitive, which has never happened before, not even willing to use the rest of the tube due to this :( I purchased this at a h/e department store, so it's definately a genuine item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the mascara that I currently own. It is really one of my favorites, and the first upgrade that I had from drugstore brands. I can surely tell the difference in va-va-vroom quality and appeal. Since I don't wear make up that often, I will continue to purchase high end mascara's since you can tell the difference. However, if you wear makeup every day, I would suggest something cheaper like Maybelline. This is one of those men-will-stare at you mascaras. I bought it when it was the highest ranking mascara. If going for a cheaper brand...L'oreal Telescopic in carbon black is my hit.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by beautybloomers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's okay, but Benefit's "They're Real" is our favorite!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Of all the mascaras I've used (many), I have to admit this one gives the longest, lushest, darkest, spikiest lashes with the least effort. No other mascara has to be layered with it. I am sure it is mostly because of the huge brush. I tried the original Diorshow first, but it has a strong flowery smell. I then found that Black Out has no smell so I tried that. I also tried the Iconic, which I found less satisfactory.

All of them dry out in the tube really fast. They become too thick to use without a hassle after a few months. While still newish, it is by far the best mascara I ever used for length, volume, and darkness. The one problem is that you may not realize your lashes are a bit too glamorous and spiky unless you see a photo of yourself wearing it. The way to avoid that is not to use more than two coats. I love this mascara, but it is very expensive - over $20 - and doesn't last very long. It's kind of temperamental the way it builds up in gobs on the brush. I don't usually feel like fighting with it so I don't use it much lately. But then that is because I spend money on about ten different brands at a time to rotate and it gets forgotten so it dries out.

This mascara still qualifies as my favourite, my number one, even though I don't always want that dramatic look. Sometimes I do! I will definitely always buy this again, periodically. There is no perfect mascara and a lot of it is in the technique you use to brush it on. This one guarantees a visible difference with almost no effort.

Edit: Sept 21/12: I uploaded a picture to show my haircolour for another review. I'm wearing two coats of Diorshow Black Out mascara, which I think looks as full and long as 3 coats of any other brand.

Edit: May 7, 2014: I uploaded a pic from 2009 showing the full glory of my Diorshow Black Out. I am not currently using it as I've been trying out other highly rated mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have long but somewhat fine downward pointing lashes. I work hard to achieve a good curl with a Shu curler. This mascara is so thick and somewhat dry that I find that by the time I get it on my lashes evenly it weighs them down and pulls the curl out. It's OK if I do several thinner coats making sure not to get it too heavy near the root but then it starts to clump. It is very black as the name indicates. The brush is too big. I have a lot of long but fine lashes and this does not allow me to bring them out. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cleopatra44

Love this! My eyelashes look fantastic when I use this, long, thick and very black. This does not cause any irritation to my eyes, I have very sensitive eyes. This lasts all day and I have had loads of compliments since I have started using this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandhealth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! I was using it for a year and loved it, but when I ran out I used a cheaper alternative as it was very expensive. I started to use Voluminous Carbon Black, which also was not too bad, however other people noticed a reduction in lash thickness, volume and length. I think next time I will buy DiorShow again, as I do believe it is worth the extra money. The only thing is I found I was buying new mascara with Dior faster than other products. It tends to run out faster. Other than this I am a lifetime fan.