November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Black Out Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm completely addicted to Diorshow Black Out. For many years I was a Lancome devotee, but I switched over to Dior when the original Diorshow came out. I'm Irish with fair skin and red hair, and my eyelashes are practically non-existant. I had great results with Diorshow, and when Black Out came out I quickly snatched one up. WOW! I will never stray from this product, unless Dior outdoes itself yet again. My lashes look thick, long, and sexy. I use the Shu Uemura eye curler first, then apply the mascara. For daytime use, I apply one coat and a tiny bit on my bottom lashes. For nighttime wear, I apply a coat, comb the lashes while wet with an eyelash comb, and apply another coat. It's important to start at the base and shimmy your way up. I find that gives me that full lash effect. Those who complain about the product clumping or flaking should be aware that volumizing mascaras only last about a month to two max. It's the nature of the product type, not a flaw or defect of this particular product. Sometimes I do get a little underneath my eye, but I keep that at bay with Clarins Double Fix, which I apply over this. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by northngal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best mascara ever. My lashes are longer, thicker and more beautiful than with any other mascara. It's a splurge, but one I'm happy to pay for how great this product is.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by annrast

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried this, it was just okay--very thick, but okay. After about a month, the mascara started getting thicker and so much so that the brush was caked. I thought it was just a defective item so it was replaced at the Dior counter. Same thing happened to this one so I would never buy it again. There are much cheaper mascaras that work much better and last longer. Just goes to show that just because it's expensive, doesn't mean it's worth it or better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Terrible!

With so many mascaras on the market I like to try new ones. I like thick black lashes because mine are quite long. A Dior consultant showed me this one, and wiped it over her hand to show the colour - which as the name suggests is very black, I bought it. Well what a mistake! It's about as thick as water, and goes on like it too. So it doesn't even go on, it's not volumising, lengthening, build able or anything. Total waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by katherinebertrand

Only mascara I own that makes my lashes look thick and obvious. It takes a bit of getting used to - I have managed to get this over half my face haha, however once used to it is easy and your lashes look amazing

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by alisonb77

The brush for this is so fat that it doesn't define or separate the lashes and I have to use a lash comb as well. Once I have done this, the end result is dramatic and thick looking lashes but there are better mascaras out there that give the same result without so much effort.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Chabli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

DON'T BUY THIS.
Unless you WANT gloopy lashes and you enjoy your mascara running down your face. Really. The cheapest mascaras don't cause raccoon eyes any more, but THIS stuff does. Save your money, worst mascara ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by apalazon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a complimentary mascara after the normal diorshow mascara, to give that extra drama effect. It absolutely works for me.. it is total black out

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was recommended for dramatic lashes!! Pffft what a croc!! Maybe ok for everyday lashes maybe, but for the ridiculous price $52AUD, you can definately find better. It IRRITATED my eyes and eyelids, above my crease became very red and sensitive, which has never happened before, not even willing to use the rest of the tube due to this :( I purchased this at a h/e department store, so it's definately a genuine item.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the mascara that I currently own. It is really one of my favorites, and the first upgrade that I had from drugstore brands. I can surely tell the difference in va-va-vroom quality and appeal. Since I don't wear make up that often, I will continue to purchase high end mascara's since you can tell the difference. However, if you wear makeup every day, I would suggest something cheaper like Maybelline. This is one of those men-will-stare at you mascaras. I bought it when it was the highest ranking mascara. If going for a cheaper brand...L'oreal Telescopic in carbon black is my hit.