Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydroxyethyl-Cellulose, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Cetyl Phenyl Ether Di Sulfonate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. /- May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens).

on 7/2/2013 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this mascara for years. I haven't bothered trying another mascara since, as this mascara makes my eyelashes look long and thick.

on 6/22/2013 8:26:00 AM

Once again i've fall into a Dior mascara. Unless the Iconic Waterproof mascara that I've tried (and hated) this is actually superblack, volumizing and noticeable (if I want a natural effect, I don't wear mascara). But not the WAVAVOOM effect, that i was expecting. Problem is that even if it's super hard to remove, it can't resist the high temperature of the city during the summer, and I need to remove the melted product from my under eye area. Considering the price, I won't recommend this product, and I definitely won't buy it again. For less money, you can find similar mascara.

on 6/19/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this mascara for years - it's definitely a favourite of mine...

I'm blessed with decent eyelashes to begin with, relatively dark if not super thick, but this mascara just brings them to the next level. I find it gives me an extremely natural look, really just darkens, enhances, and lengthens what is already there. I do prefer more dramatic eyelashes however, and find that if I brush this mascara on followed by a generous coating of L'Oreal Telescopic on the base of my lashes, they stand out more whilst still maintaining a fairly natural look.

This mascara does seem to have a relatively short lifespan however, so I'm not sure it's the most cost effective, but I've not found one better for me - I personally love it and will continue using it!

on 5/27/2013 12:21:00 AM

I can make this review short and sweet for you.....I'm on my 3rd tube of Diorshow Blackout; yes i have tried other mascaras.

I have one other mascara that I like but I'll review later.

Enough said. :)

on 5/26/2013 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Like most Diorshow mascaras it does deliver in terms of definition. I get thick, long glossy black lashes, really amazing comparing against bare lashes. But I like lots of volume and personally Extase gives more oomph in terms of volume, (but on a flipside the brush doesn't pick up excess the way Extase does). Another gripe I have about Black Out is that it has a tendency to smudge after about 8 hours. Would I buy it again? Unlikely when Dior keeps coming out with new variations all the time - all the more to experiment.

on 5/7/2013 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very thick mascara. The outcome is okay if you take your time & apply it, and go back through and comb out your lashes once the mascara has dried. It can be clumpy. It gives a very dramatic look to your lashes so if that is what you are looking for than this is the product but for a more natural look, this is not the way to go.

on 4/28/2013 6:20:00 PM

This is the best mascara i have ever used!! I have tried chanel and benefit's "there real" mascara and they dont even compare to diorshow. I love how think the brush is, so it gets to ever lash. By far the best eye product i have ever bought.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love regular DiorShow but the Blackout version is not good- it smudges very easily and causes serious raccoon eyes. Love the dark black color, especially because the black regular DiorShow is sort of a brown-black. This version is a bit more liquid than regular DiorShow and seems to take longer to dry. I also think it doesn't do as good a job at separating and defining lashes as regular DiorShow.

The WORST part about this mascara is how much it smudges around my eyes. After all day wear, I have black smudges on my upper lids and under my eyes from this mascara. Will be going back to regular DiorShow or switching to something else.

on 4/20/2013 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm completely addicted to Diorshow Black Out. For many years I was a Lancome devotee, but I switched over to Dior when the original Diorshow came out. I'm Irish with fair skin and red hair, and my eyelashes are practically non-existant. I had great results with Diorshow, and when Black Out came out I quickly snatched one up. WOW! I will never stray from this product, unless Dior outdoes itself yet again. My lashes look thick, long, and sexy. I use the Shu Uemura eye curler first, then apply the mascara. For daytime use, I apply one coat and a tiny bit on my bottom lashes. For nighttime wear, I apply a coat, comb the lashes while wet with an eyelash comb, and apply another coat. It's important to start at the base and shimmy your way up. I find that gives me that full lash effect. Those who complain about the product clumping or flaking should be aware that volumizing mascaras only last about a month to two max. It's the nature of the product type, not a flaw or defect of this particular product. Sometimes I do get a little underneath my eye, but I keep that at bay with Clarins Double Fix, which I apply over this. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

on 4/5/2013 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara ever. My lashes are longer, thicker and more beautiful than with any other mascara. It's a splurge, but one I'm happy to pay for how great this product is.

Popular Mascaras