August 22, 2014 | 2042 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by exemplaryradiation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fresh Farmacy is the best facial cleanser I have ever used.

I ventured into the Lush store at my mall with seriously irritated skin. Which honestly isn't usual for me, but stress led me to a terrible breakout. I was almost out of Aqua Mirabilis (Lush facial cleanser) and didn't have enough money to buy more. One of the ladies gave me a good-sized sample of Fresh Farmacy and sent me on my merry way. I started using it twice a day - morning and night - and after two uses my skin was back to normal. (Since then I have gotten a larger bit for myself, and some for my brother).

I splash my face with warm water and rub it on my face in circles - it feels creamy and smooth. It smells a bit like mushroom - which I love, but the scent isn't overpowering. After rinsing it off, my skin feels soft and clean - and a bit tight (but not so much that it hurts). I do have to use lotion with it, but I usually would anyways.

My brother has dry skin (as opposed to my normal skin) and while he likes it, he says it does dry his skin out if he forgets to put lotion on afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Firstly as other reviewers have said - this is not a make up remover! I use Ultrabland to remove my make up and then follow up with this to cleanse properly. It leaves skin tight and shiny which I guess is perfect if you have very oily skin. I find myself using this just at certain times of the month and so far it's really worked to keep breakouts to a minimum. If you have normal skin I suspect that this might leave skin uncomfortable after use, but for those who have a few oily days it works well. Skin feels really clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by emilyol

usually lush is on the pricy side, but this cleanser is quite cheap and works wonders on my face. though i'm not a huge fan of it coming in a bar-like soap form, but if thats what it takes to work, then so be it. after cleansing with this product, my face has a touchably soft glare and this definitely quickly tames my breakouts fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by yunibaek

I have combo skin in the summer and dry skin in the winter. I also have mild to severe acne on my face.
Let me just start out by saying that I HATED fresh farmacy when I first tried using it. The lady at the local Lush store suggested this cleanser for my acne and told me it would remove my makeup. This is false, because this cleanser is a soap, meaning it won't remove all the makeup (foundation, blush, mascara, etc) as well as any foam cleanser and leaves your face dirty and unclean. Even if I moisturize after, my skin feels SUPER tight, dry and dirty. After this "traumatizing" experience, I left the fresh farmacy on my counter and never touched it.
About two months later, I decided to give fresh farmacy another try, because my skin was becoming super oily and I was getting horrible breakouts. However, this time, I used my normal foaming cleanser and then finished off with fresh farmacy, because I knew that fresh farmacy wouldn't be able to remove all my makeup. And let me tell you, my skin has never felt better. I also moisturized with aloe vera, because that helps with acne too. I would recommend you to use this cleanser probably once in two or three days because I don't think it really works when you use it everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by unfathomableexistance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What to say about this!! I ADORE this cleanser. I am a religious user of LUSH cosmetics, but i had never tried their skincare range. I love the fact that all their products are freshly made so you know that what you're putting on your face isn't something that's been in a bottle sitting on a shelf for 6 months. This has really cleared up my skin and i LOVE the smell! I use this when i have breakouts or just a generally bad skin day (which is often) because although it is good, it's a soap which can dry out the skin, so i use it alongside a good moisturiser. Another good thing is that this lasts for ages and it's not expensive at all!! I have been using it once every couple of days and it has been amazing. I am a happy bunny with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by apricotcloud

Wow, super impressed with this. I have combo/sensitive skin and get breakouts often because I exercise a lot (loads of exercise produces more cortisol - a hormone which is linked to acne)

Anyway, I had tried literally everything to get normal skin again - benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid, every face wash going... nothing has made my skin more balanced and soft/problem-free than this soap.

I use it morning and night and then at night I put tea tree oil on my face too. Literally, my skin has never been better. It just feels completely different to any other face wash and I love the fact it's natural :]] it smells really pleasant and I'll definitely buy again and again!

Lush Ocean Salt is really good also I use that about once a week :]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was going through a bad case of break outs and was prescriptive two topical medications to use day and night. Needless to say, my skin was horribly dry and flaky. My other cleansers would only make my skin even more parched but this really helps down the hormonal acne manageable. I brought three slices of this and love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I have combo sensitive skin and this works great. Helps with redness and doesn't dry my skin out. It goes fast so I would stick up

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Gardengrenade

So this was the first LUSH product I ever bought from there and after using it for a couple days I was absolutely amazed! Now I'm obsessed with everything LUSH! So first of all, let me tell you about my skin. My forehead, nose and chin tend to get pretty oily, and between my eyebrows and along the side of my nose gets very dry. I'm talking super oily and super flaky, so it's hard to figure out what's best for my skin. I've struggled with so many different products from drugstores and what not, and now I'm never going back! I love the smell of FF. I can't really explain the smell but its not overpowering. I didn't like the soap bar form to begin with but it's grown on me. My face always seems to have a zit or two. ALWAYS. But after using this my skin started clearing up after a few days! I had a pretty angry blemish on my face, that I made worse by picking at it and it started healing up in a day or so. It leaves a squeeky clean feel as it claims, but it doesn't over dry my face/problem dry areas. I do follow up with a moisturizer, that won't change but all in all I am very happy with this product. Such a beauty. A skin cleanser keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

5 lippies for sure!!! This was my first ever LUSH product I bought a few years ago and it's always been consistently such a great performer and my fave product. It's now got me hooked on all things LUSH!
I keep experimenting with different LUSH cleansers but I always come back to Fresh Farmacy. It's so calming on my skin and it calms redness as well as acne. I can't rave highly enough about this! I personally like the smell. It reminds me of something sort of medicinal but I can see how others wouldn't like it. However, the performance is well worth the smell.
If you haven't already tried this you need to!!!
EDIT: am using this with my recently purchased Olay cleansing brush (clarasonic knock off). WOW!!! I have got amazing results instantly. The brush works far better with Fresh Farmacy than with the Olay cream scrub it comes with.