July 31, 2014 | 1932 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Crystal_21

This is my HG foundation. I have tried so many different foundations, and I always go back to this one. I will still continue to try new foundations, just because I like to try new things. But nothing has beat this for me.

I have active acne still at times. My biggest problem is hyperpigmentation and this covers it beautifully.

I work in a nursing home, so I am on my feet all day, sweating and it still looks great at the end of my eight hour shift. You don't need to reapply. If you want to freshen it up, you are able to do so, and it doen't look cakey.

The only thing I don't like about this foundation is the price, it's $30 dollars for a 30ml bottle.

But I guess you get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by existence12

If you have scarring, hyper pigmentation, acne or anything you need to cover this is perfect. The level of high coverage is great and its marketed towards people with skin issues. It also doesn't irritate or breakout your skin which is equally as important than just covering up your problems.

I just don't like how it looks as a foundation. It can look very unnatural when you apply it all over your face. You need to work around it and find a way to make it look natural. People have been saying to use a wet sponge for a natural finish, I have not personally tried this but I will next time I use it as a foundation... For now, I'm using this as a concealer and patting it on areas I need it.. scars, breakouts, dark circles (all that fun stuff). I find this way it makes skin look a lot more natural and less masky looking. I just need to carefully pat it with my finger and wear a bb or cc cream underneath for a better finish.

When I wear it as a foundation within an hour or so it looks a lot patchier than when I first applied it and settles on my laugh lines and all. Not good. So I really recommend you experiment with different application methods with this until you find a good finish.

I find it doesn't look good on dry areas especially, so I'm not sure how this will look on people with dry skin..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Even though I tend to favor Lancome, I have to admit this one made the top ten for coverage and texture. I love the way it covers pores and doesn't settle into lines. All that's needed is a pea size amount, so it would last forever.. Excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

absolutely obsessed with this foundation

it gives full coverage...and if applied with a wet sponge....it can become sheer enough and not heavy!
i'm using this product 2 years now and every time i buy another foundation its a disappointment!

the only drawback is at times if it is sunny out, it can look a bit dark. So where it at night!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by hannahpatricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation performs like a high end foundation so is great value for money. I use this more as a concealer than an all over foundation. I am fair, too fair for NC15 in Mac and I bought this in the lightest shade 15 Opal. I have neutral undertone to my skin learning towards cool tone but this foundation is yellow based so isn't quite right, however, I use this as a base and then put my more cool toned Nars tinted moisturizer in Terre Nueve on top and that sorts the colour out! I use this foundation as a base for the area under my eyes and on my nose. and across that area of the face & then put the Nars tinted all over the rest of my face and on top of the Vichey. I have problems with concealers under the eye but I now use this under the eye and it does not cake at all it is brilliant, and the yellow tone and opaque texture hides dark circles. It is really good for hiding any imperfections. For the heavy duty concealing, it's not as heavy duty looking on the skin as you would think, it blends out really nicely and it isn't too matte, it has a slight satin finish which I love, and if you buff it in nicely it doesn't make you look too 'done' but everything is hidden that you want it to, and it lasts forever without shifting and doesn't transfer much either. Really pleasantly surprised by this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by margiela

I bought this because of my acne breakout. I prefer natural finish, don't like full coverage foundations but my acne breakout is so bad that I had no other choice but to buy something full coverage. I used it both ways; all over my face and just on the spots. It preforms beautifuly. It does give you full coverage without being cakey and it looks very natural.
The only complaint I have is the colour rage. Number 15 is a tiny bit too dark for me. It doesn't show if a really buff the foundation into my skin and neck. Also I noticed that it is a bit on the yellow side so girls with fair skin and rose undertones will not like it. The other thing I don't necessary love is the tube. I feel it doesn't allow you enough control over how much product you want to squeeze out. You need to be a bit careful or too much product comes out.
My skin is very sensitive and so far I had no negative experiences with this product. I recommend it for people who need full coverage foundations. It is a bit pricier than drug store foundations but it is so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The very best foundation I've ever tried: perfect coverage, natural finish and stays in place all day long, and you really need a tiny-tiny amount of it. Pretty shame, that it caused horrible acne in my case. It seems to be an allergic reaction, thus I have to face the same problem with every single Vichy product I've tried. I'm quite sad, because it worked so well. The package is not that nice, it doesn't close properly and the foundation leaks into the lid - nice way to waste the product. All in all it worths a try, but if your skin doesn't react well, stop using it.

EDIT: Ooor maybe I was wrong, I am a bit confused. When my acne was away, I tried it again, just to have a blind-test proof of my statement - but well, no acne since then. But the leaking package still sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

The best, most natural, full coverage makeup that I have EVER tried. It is very important to me that a foundation looks natural. The natural look & finish is the priority while the fuller the coverage I can get on top of that is a bonus. I have tried many foundations including: Smashbox Halo (liquid & powder), Makeup Forever HD, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Bourjois Healthy Mix, etc... you get the point! Vichy Dermablend foundation is amazing and beats these foundations by a mile. Makeup Forever HD & Bourjois Healthy mix are 2 very nice foundations to be fair; they look extremely natural. However, you do compromise by only getting a light to medium coverage. I find that Double Wear easily looks cakey. If applied exactly right with a lot of work it can look presentable, but never natural.

I was chatting with the sales associate at Shoppers Drugmart in Toronto while I was testing several Dermablend shades on my skin. She had never actually seen the foundation on anyone but she was totally amazed & impressed by the look and coverage of this foundation! It fully covered all of my hyper pigmentation from newly healed breakouts, my surface redness, and uneven skin tone. Shade Nude 25 matches my skin tone very well. It has a beautiful, velvet finish. It's not cakey at all. It looks smooth & flawless on the skin. I can't say enough good things about it.

I also tried the dermablend stick foundation and it was beautiful! The texture is very light, creamy, and blendable but at the same time it is very highly pigmented and offers full coverage. When I paired the fluid and stick versions of the dermablend together, I used the cream stick as an undereye concealer, sweeping down to my upper cheeks and whisked it outward to my temples - creating that nice V affect that I so love with concealer. I was amazed at how perfect my skin looked.

I'm shade Nude 25 in the dermablend fluid and Nude 14 in the dermablend cream-stick.

I think you get the point; I highly recommend this foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by anitka12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I used - so far - as I'm about to try other foundations by this brand. The coverage is amazing, but it doesn't look like a mask, you need just a bit of this product to look great. What I like the most is the colour of number 15 Opal - absolutely fits to my skin tone. Most of the foundations for fair skin tones which I tried had orangy tone, but this one is very natural. Now I have a good skin without any blemishes, so that's why I'm going to try another foundation of this brand, but if you are looking for medium to strong coverage without mask effect, I absolutely recommend this foundation, it is just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

bEst foundation ever.. Have repurchased over and over. I have struggled with acne previously, this does not cause acne.

Pros:

-Does not break me out whatsoever
-Heavy coverage for my acne
-Lasts all day
-Don't need much product to achieve look
-with a little powder on top, won't look greasy

CONS:
-Costs $30 Canadian for 30ml
-packaging is annoying. leaks into lid sometimes