E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Goddess

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/18/2010 6:02:00 PM

Had my eye on this for awhile and finally got it in one of E.L.F.'s many sales online. It did not disappoint, for a dollar (plus free shipping, whoot) I got a very pretty quality gloss. Color is pinky-peachy with some shimmer, I think it would suit a variety of skin tones. On me it's a great summer gloss, but I don't think I'll be wearing this in the winter. Packaging is fine, squeeze tube and it has a sweet, candy-like smell that I enjoy. Stays on for two hours or so. Overall, very good deal.

This is my go-to gloss for the summer since it has SPF15. On my pigmented lips, this turns into a lovely peachy/pink nude color. The texture is somewhat sticky, which bugs me when my hair gets caught in it. It can be rather drying after wearing off. Not to sound conceited, but I've noticed that guys seem to focus on my lips when I wear this gloss. I guess it's the shininess that attracts them.

on 8/13/2010 11:51:00 PM

I'm not really a fan of nude lip glosses (to me, what's the point if they don't leave any color on your lips?) but I couldn't resist buying Goddess. It's a very pretty pinky-peach coral shade with shimmer that leaves the slightest hint of color on your lips. This gloss gives you that YLBB effect. And for $1, it can't be beat. Goddess is a beautiful color alone or over a lipstick, although it'll probably lighten your lipstick color a bit. It looks soooo pretty in the tube...

on 6/18/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this gloss! I got it for a dollar at HEB (grocery store here in TX). It is pretty subtle and I wear it over addiction lipliner by rimmel - it's great for everyday, dirt cheap, good quality, have repurchased 2x :)

on 6/8/2010 10:46:00 AM

Goddess is (as most other reviewers have noted) a medium mauvey-pink nude with a little bit of shimmer. It caught my eye because of the color (not your standard boring pink).
The gloss is actually quite thick but it isn't terribly sticky. On my lips it is slightly darker than my natural lipcolor and it wears off fairly evenly and fades subtley. It gives my lips a nice muted shine and feels very comfortable and smooth.
It seems to last about 2-3 hours; for a dollar at Target, it is worth it! I would love to get other colors.

on 6/2/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like the shade of this gloss - kind of a pinky nude shade with a bit of metallic golden shimmer. It's not very pigmented and more of a sheer kind of gloss which is great. It's not sticky and feels very moisturising.

The only thing I HATE is the smell. It smells like those alien toys I had when I was a kid. They came in a plastic egg shaped case and when you take them out, they are stretchty and gooey. This smells of those nasty aliens! All plastic and... Eww.

I think it smells of plastic and the people at elf were like "yeah, lets just say this is... um... grape vanilla!" No. It smells of aliens. BUT luckily, it's not too strong.

on 5/20/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Generally, I really like this lipgloss! When I bought it, I didn't realize there was shimmer in it. The shimmer is very, very, very little "specks", I suppose that's how you put it. On the e.l.f. website, it says it's supposed to smell like grape vanilla, but it smells like grape cherry to me. The smell is really strong! When I first opened the lipgloss from its packaging, the smell really just hit me! And speaking of the packaging, it's really silly. The lipgloss comes in big packaging that isn't even recyclable. But anyways, it has an angled applicator which is the best lipgloss applicator for me. Strangely, the gloss makes my lips feel really warm! It lasts so-so in color, but the texture really lasts. It feels a bit thick and like you have melted plastic on your lips, but I don't really mind at all. It has the slightest bit of sweetness to it... But overall, I like the product.

on 5/8/2010 12:11:00 PM

Love Love Love. I am really in love this lip gloss. It has SPF 15 which is important to me. It is cheap and the color is just lovely. I usually wear pink on my lips. (Snob/angel/shu's pk344) because since I don't usually wear heavy makeup and nudes don't go well with me. However, this one makes an exception. It makes your lips look nude but pretty. And I usually don't like glosses in tube but with this one, I can overlook it. And it is just like the previous reviewers have said, it is a pretty good dupe for love nectar on me. :) Yay for e.l.f.!
Would I buy this again? Yes, again and again. :)

WOW the color of this item is perfect, it looks like a shimmery pearly pink, without being too light or too dark. I really like the formula even though its a tad sticky (but thats most lipglosses anyway) it tastes fruity and fun and its easy to apply. When I run out i will be re-ordering again. I LOVE e.l.f. !!

on 4/30/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this shade of lip gloss. It really sets off my light olive skin tone and my natural lip color. I like that it's got SPF, though I doubt it's full spectrum. It stays on a decent amount of time for lip gloss and is slightly moisturizing and also seals off very well. A pretty decent buy, though I'm not very crazy about the applicator.

Recommended for Medium Skin