August 21, 2014 | 1839 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - In the Garden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by burgerline08

Basically, this is a very dark, dramatic shade that foils beautifully when applied wet. It's described on the EM website as "antiqued bronze" and I found that description to be very accurate. I find that the best way to apply this shade is wet, using your finger. When I used a brush I had a ton of product fall underneath my eye, and it was also harder to blend on the lid. The first time I applied this product I didn't realize what a light hand I would need and I ended up looking positively ridiculous. It took me a few tries to figure out that I needed to be 10x more careful when applying this shade than with any of my other shadows. (So if you're the type of person that prefers can't-mess-it-up shades of eyeshadow, you might want to skip this one altogether.)

I noted that I would not buy this product again but that's because I'm assuming it will last me forever (and I only got the sample size). Overall, I do like the shade very much, although I'd have preferred it to be just a smidgin ligher because there's less room for error in application with a shade this dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the Garden is a beautiful deep shimmery bronze w/ a hint of plum. I love it in the crease to add that perfect shadow effect to make my eyes look perfect. I used w/ UDPP and it lasted all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by beslap

This is a great bronze color. I'm a make up newbie and this is a color I can wear with confidence.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, this seriously is a magnificent color. It's like an antique light bronze. I don't know.
However, I see that most everyday minerals eyeshadows aren't that great. I can't explain it. When I put it on, even with a primer, I can rub them in and it leaves a weird chalky film of the base color but the shimmer and rest of the eyeshadow doesn't stick to it. If you've used a cheap eyeshadow before, you'd probably understand.
So, when I try and blend this in my eyelid, the shimmer comes off and it leaves a brown matte base color. I guess you could make it work by just piling it on instead of trying to blend them out. It sucks that you can't blend them too much and have to keep adding because the rest of the eyeshadow's come off. I'm not too fond of everyday minerals eyeshadows.
This is a fabulous color though, so I'll settle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful bronze/taupe shade. I pat my brush into it and dab it gently on. There is some fallout but that's because I don't use any primer. I really should... But the color is gorgeous on my lids and stays on. I spray some water/mineral spray and it really holds all night long. This is one of my favorites!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I am really not attached to this colour as most reviewer here. It does not looked taupe enough on my fair asian skintone. The green shows up as khaki for me with very little look of taupe...even with all the silver sheen! However I can see how it suit all skin tone because the colour is so earthy yet glamourous (the silver sheen effect). The effect I like happened when I try on the 'lap top' colouring (read reviews). The sample size will last me a lifetime maybe :b

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous cool bronze/brown color. This product is VERY shimmery so that if you have protuberant eyelids, creases or long eyelids this may not work for you. I have lots of eyelid showing so if I use this as an all-over shadow my lids overpower my eyes! I can use a little over a matte shadow to add dimension though, or apply it in the crease. It's so pretty I will find new ways to wear it.

I usually apply a slight dusting of this over Wildflowers (my hg) for a nice evening look. The sample jar will last me forever. If you like this shadow, do try Room Addition which is the same shade and shimmer level, but cooler--more deep grey than brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by clobbergirl

I love this color, it goes really well with my dark blue eyes. doesn't make them "pop" or seam bluer, but makes them seam a little bit lighter. I'll buy this again if they still make it by the time i run out! i got this maybe six months ago and i still have most of it left. great value for your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by dizzyme124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great crease color!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jstrake1

Love this! I've never been a big fan of shimmer, but this stuff is super cute. Foil it for a more dramatic look at night. Just be careful of the fall out.