Lavanila Pure Vanilla

3.7

Not “pure” vanilla at all. I smell rather very loud mix of vanilla, flowers and patchouli on my skin. Also, reminds me of The Body Shop generic scent, which I hate. So far, my favourite is Yves Rocher Vanilla bourbon, but they don’t do it in a roller boll form, that’s why I tried this one.

Hate it!! Giving me a headache. UGH! I wish I never put it on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Now THIS is what I've been looking for in vanilla scent! Not gourmand, not foody, not barfingly sweet... it's vanilla - with a musky rather than a sugary background.... YES. It's wonderful on me - not headachingly strong, but *there*.
Haven't invested in a bottle - yet. But it will come... Oh, yes... It will come...

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is certainly not "pure vanilla" . It is vanilla plus patchouli, and not a particularly soft patchouli at that, but rather a sharp and "peppery" one. The whole "vanilla" line of Lavanila is infused with patchouli, with the exception of their Vanilla Coconut, of which I have a generous sample of body lotion from Sephora, and which is quite nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My heart is broken! I'm obsessed with vanilla - it sits on my perfume tray in various incarnations as we speak - so naturally I thought Pure Vanilla would be a perfect addition. I ordered this from Sephora's website and just received my package yesterday. Well, I guess this is my own fault - I didn't try it on in the store - but .... this smells exactly like Avon's Skin-so-Soft bug repellent to me! It reminds me of the Fourth of July when I was about 8 - and that's not a good thing. I guess I just can't get past that initial blast of patchouli - and even once it dries, I can't pick up on any vanilla...just....chemicals. Which is also weird, since this is full of natural ingredients! Oh well. Guess I'm making a trip to my closest Sephora to return it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I just added this scent to my LAVANILA collection. It's a very musky, sexy perfume; definitely the strongest fragrance in the line. It's also the longest-lasting.

I have been searching for a natural and long-lasting perfume, and have FINALLY found it!!!! I am in love with the scent of vanilla, so I decided to check out Lavanila's perfumes. After trying the mini roller ball set, the Pure Vanilla scent won by a long shot (vanilla lavender smelled like laundry detergent, vanilla coconut smelled like play doh, and vanilla grapefruit smelled like 5-year old Barbie perfume)!
Pure Vanilla is a beautiful classic warm vanilla scent (not too sweet), definitely comparable to the not-so-natural Fragonard Fleur de Vanille (my old favorite vanilla perfume). I was afraid the staying-power of this perfume would not be as great as the un-natural perfumes, but I was actually impressed! I could still smell the scent at the end of the day.
Since scents vary based on each person's skin properties, it is best to first order the mini roller ball set to determine what works best. :) I purchased mine from Sephora.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a perfect vanilla!! Whether I'm wearing it by itself or with Sonoma Scent Studio Incense Pure, this is great smelling. Not only received complements on it, but it lasts a long time also. I plan on purchasing more Lavanilia products this season.

It's much better than any vanilla from Bath & Body works that smell foody. And it is longer lasting and deeper than Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille - at a fraction of the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was on the hunt for another bottle of perfume to add to my wardrobe. i discovered I like the floral oriental family of fragrances so I went to sephora's website to see what i can find. I downloaded 3 pages of fragrances that matched what I liked and off i went to the mall. i realized when i got there they didn't have some of the fragrances i wanted to test out (i went to the one located inside jcpenneys). I tried kenzo flower and quickly discovered it was too fake. i asked the SA and she directed me to Lavanila to try. i sprayed it on my arm thinking it was going to be the chemically altered vanilla smell (aka VS vanilla lace). I was pleasantly surprised it smelled really good. i walked around a bit and the more it sat on my skin, the fragrance changed into this warm amber, peony, vanilla bean, soft, sweet bouquet. i instantly HAD to have it. the lasting power was amazing- i woke up the next morning and could still smell it on my arm-- yummy. ps. it's all natural with something like 30 diff vanilla oils in it and pabanfree, sulfate free and chemical free. sweet!
Update: i am on my 2nd bottle and still love it

This is my favorite perfume by far because it smells amazing and is not overpowering. I am always getting compliments, too. It's also all natural and paraben free so I don't feel like I just doused myself in chemicals - just read the ingredients; they're all plant-based. I can't get enough of this perfume and I truly mean this when I say that I am in love with this perfume!

Popular Fragrances