April 19, 2014 | 1845 users online

Fragrances - Lavanila - Pure Vanilla

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My heart is broken! I'm obsessed with vanilla - it sits on my perfume tray in various incarnations as we speak - so naturally I thought Pure Vanilla would be a perfect addition. I ordered this from Sephora's website and just received my package yesterday. Well, I guess this is my own fault - I didn't try it on in the store - but .... this smells exactly like Avon's Skin-so-Soft bug repellent to me! It reminds me of the Fourth of July when I was about 8 - and that's not a good thing. I guess I just can't get past that initial blast of patchouli - and even once it dries, I can't pick up on any vanilla...just....chemicals. Which is also weird, since this is full of natural ingredients! Oh well. Guess I'm making a trip to my closest Sephora to return it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by chelseadurland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just added this scent to my LAVANILA collection. It's a very musky, sexy perfume; definitely the strongest fragrance in the line. It's also the longest-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a natural and long-lasting perfume, and have FINALLY found it!!!! I am in love with the scent of vanilla, so I decided to check out Lavanila's perfumes. After trying the mini roller ball set, the Pure Vanilla scent won by a long shot (vanilla lavender smelled like laundry detergent, vanilla coconut smelled like play doh, and vanilla grapefruit smelled like 5-year old Barbie perfume)!
Pure Vanilla is a beautiful classic warm vanilla scent (not too sweet), definitely comparable to the not-so-natural Fragonard Fleur de Vanille (my old favorite vanilla perfume). I was afraid the staying-power of this perfume would not be as great as the un-natural perfumes, but I was actually impressed! I could still smell the scent at the end of the day.
Since scents vary based on each person's skin properties, it is best to first order the mini roller ball set to determine what works best. :) I purchased mine from Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by sherya45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a perfect vanilla!! Whether I'm wearing it by itself or with Sonoma Scent Studio Incense Pure, this is great smelling. Not only received complements on it, but it lasts a long time also. I plan on purchasing more Lavanilia products this season.

It's much better than any vanilla from Bath & Body works that smell foody. And it is longer lasting and deeper than Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille - at a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for another bottle of perfume to add to my wardrobe. i discovered I like the floral oriental family of fragrances so I went to sephora's website to see what i can find. I downloaded 3 pages of fragrances that matched what I liked and off i went to the mall. i realized when i got there they didn't have some of the fragrances i wanted to test out (i went to the one located inside jcpenneys). I tried kenzo flower and quickly discovered it was too fake. i asked the SA and she directed me to Lavanila to try. i sprayed it on my arm thinking it was going to be the chemically altered vanilla smell (aka VS vanilla lace). I was pleasantly surprised it smelled really good. i walked around a bit and the more it sat on my skin, the fragrance changed into this warm amber, peony, vanilla bean, soft, sweet bouquet. i instantly HAD to have it. the lasting power was amazing- i woke up the next morning and could still smell it on my arm-- yummy. ps. it's all natural with something like 30 diff vanilla oils in it and pabanfree, sulfate free and chemical free. sweet!
Update: i am on my 2nd bottle and still love it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by jfav623

This is my favorite perfume by far because it smells amazing and is not overpowering. I am always getting compliments, too. It's also all natural and paraben free so I don't feel like I just doused myself in chemicals - just read the ingredients; they're all plant-based. I can't get enough of this perfume and I truly mean this when I say that I am in love with this perfume!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

While the grapefruit perfume is fresh, this one is sexy and a deeper vanilla scent that's for night or the cooler weather months. I love it so much! It does smell powdery on the testers and this turned me off. I really cannot stand powdery perfumes. But on my skin it's a delicious complex vanilla!
Pure Vanilla blends the tender sensuality of fresh Madagascar vanilla with the warm touch of soft patchouli and pure tonka bean. Infused with more vanilla bean than vanilla cookie, this superbly clean scent is a must-have for any vanilla addict.
There's also freesia and heliotrope in the notes not listed. Heliotrope is why I thought this could be powdery because that flower mimic the scent of powder, but once it's on your skin you can't detect it.

The Lavanila's can be simplified like this-

Grapefruit is the fresh every day vanilla, but the base is only vanilla once the citrus wears down. Grapefruit, sandalwood, lime, and vanilla.

Pure Vanilla is the sensual fragrance, and it's completely smooth and everything included besides the vanilla, like tonka bean, compliments the vanillas.

Vanilla Blossom.. discontinued? But it was a fresh spring floral vanilla, and reminded me of lime and vanilla- like an iced drink.

Vanilla Coconut- slightly sweet coconut and vanilla. Exotic in a beachy way. With coconut, tiare flower, and vanilla.

Lavender Vanilla- Not as complex as the grapefruit or pure vanillas. It's clean, comforting, and relaxed. With Spanish lavender, rose absolute, violet leaf, and Madagascar vanilla.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I was going to like this more than the Vanilla Grapefruit because I love pure vanilla scents, but actually, I found the Vanilla Grapefruit to smell much more like authentic vanilla. The Pure Vanilla has a lot of patchouli and other smokey smells, and I didn't like the drydown one bit -- very smokey. The Vanilla Grapefruit, on the other hand, dries down to a slightly sweet, but not cloying, vanilla scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by dana

I really enjoy pretty much all of the Lavanila fragrances, and this one is not exception. I would say it falls into the Floral Oriental category of fragrance. The scent is warm, and vanilla is the most pronounced note, but there is an undercurrent of patchouli that's very subtle. I know patchouli and subtly are not exactly synonymous, but somehow this fragrance manages to exploit all of patchouli's good qualities. The scent has a bit of sweetness, but is done tastefully. It reminds me of a toned down, grown up version of Aqualina Pink Sugar. It lasts forever on me too. It's a bit pricey at $56, but it's a natural scent that's supposedly good for you (antioxidants and all that) and the bottle lasts a good while. I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

I bought the rollerball set and this is a nice vanilla. Not too sweet or foody. Just a nice well rounded vanilla. This layers well with pretty much anything. Staying power is wonderful. I like all the scents from this line....my least favorite is the lavender.