July 22, 2014 | 2413 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

I really do like this product.. I have used it for its intended purpose as a facial scrub, which leaves my skin feeling quite nice. I've found that this works great as an exfoliator..on your BODY. Literally, I could see people destroying their faces with this stuff..but on my body it works very well! The packaging is nice and sturdy, I would repurchase, but not for use on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by PterodactylStyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a good scrub if you have very sensitive or dry skin, It really soothes the skin but unless you're very dry you won't need a lotion - It does leave behind a bit of a film but it's really nourishing and the smell is fantastic. I like good old Queen Helene Apricot Scrub because I don't have a problem with exfoliators being too strong, but if you do - then you should try this, It's very gentle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ChantellyLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To be honest I am shocked at this product! I usually love Burt's Bees. I hate it because:
-I found it way too gritty and abrasive for a facial scrub
-It left a waxy filmy residue on my face
-I broke out worse then I ever have before. And I do not have acne prone skin what so ever. It took about 2 weeks after I stopped using this to get my skin back to normal.

I'm surprised by the positive reviews on this. For me, it was just horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by selfishfrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i like this product although it's very scratchy and harsh for my face. I apply it very gently and remove it under the shower sheet of water. removal using fingers is adding an extra scratching and it's painful. i use this scrub not more than once a week. i think cleanser without these harsh grains would work miracles, it leaves the skin very smooth. i like the smell. i won't repurchase. i'd like to have a scrub that i could use on a daily basis, so i'm in search for a product with very tiny and gentle grains.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by bluenette

I have combination acne prone skin and I love this product. I got it from a Burt's Bees Grab Bag and it was a sample size. The first time using it, it felt weird because it left a waxy residue on my skin. But after it dried on my skin, my skin felt SOOOOO soft!!! I'm in love. Usually exfoliators (like St.Ives, Queen Helene) are very harsh on my skin and make my skin look red and dried out. But the Burt's Bees one is different. I can't stop touching my face. And it hasn't broken me out *crosses fingers*. I will definitely be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

This is not a bad product at all it just hasn't surpassed my HG Clean and Clear Morning Burst cleanser. It smells really good though. I do agree that it leaves a waxy feeling on my face. It was fun to try though.
p.s. After using this I realised that my sink is completely covered in the walnut stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by starapples

I really, really did not like this scrub. First, it was wayyy too abrasive. The little gritties were really harsh against my skin, and it was kind of even a little painful. And second, it would leave this waxy film when I rinsed it off which is one of my very few pet peeves---I hate it when facial cleansers leave residue! It means your skin isn't really clean...! I tried to use it a couple times, but I couldn't bring myself to like it. This is a no go in my book...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by sbarboza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world because my skin is exactly where I want it to be. Which is to say, dewy and matte at the same time (if that's possible - strangely enough it is occurring on my face!) It's also smooth and clear and my cheeks are flushed with a rosy pink. I'm loving my skin right now and I think it's because of the biweekly scrubbing using this product. I'm also using Lush's Herbalism and Olay's Complete facial moisturizer in sensitive. These three products work in tandem to keep my skin this way and I will continue using them. As for the waxy feel some other reviewers have talked about, I haven't experienced that. My skin feels quenched and refreshed after I use this scrub. I have oily skin and I haven't broken out at all like some reviewers have. Bottom line - this is a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by klamont9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin and this did not make me break out. The "grit" is a little abrasive, but it helps if you gently rub your face instead of actually scrubbing it. After washing my face with this it made my skin glow even without toner/moisturizer. I'm a big fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by makeupluvr22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i use this all the time!!! i love this face scrub, it is the only one that doesnt dry out my skin and make me break out. I have very sensitive skin and almost everything either dries it out or i get breakouts, but with this one it didnt! however, it sort of leaves this "waxy" feeling(idk how to describe it) on your face after you use it, but i dont mind it. other than that its great :)