April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by vayalios

Great product. Leaves the hair shiny, full and without frizzy ends. Just be careful to spray a small quantity. I have tried Swartzkopt, GHD Spray..
and none of this works as good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has made my hair a lot more shiny than it has ever been before! And you only have to use a little bit too! Plus it's a GREAT heat protect and makes my thick hair super silky. Smells amazing too! Expensive, but will last a long time and SO worth the price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I have to admit I buy this purely for the gorgeous strawberry smell! I mist it onto damp hair before blowdrying and my hair retains its lightness whilst being easy to comb through (I've tried so many heat sprays that have made my hair feel coarse and matted). I hate this on dry hair, though - my hair is fine-textured and this spray tends to make it lank and greasy. I don't know whether that's the formulation or whether I'm being heavy-handed (because it mists so finely it's easy to overdo.) I'm not sure how effective the spray is at protecting my hair from heat - I've not noticed any improvement in the moisture levels of my hair since I've been using it (I'm on my third bottle.) I've checked yes to repurchase, although I plan to shop around after I've finished my current bottle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my main heat defense product for quite sometime. My bottle didn't present and packaging problems and the smell is trully amazing. It also adds gloss shine to the hair but I am not quite sure exactly how well it goes with the heat protection (on a flat iron). It helps combing, temporary hidration and flattening but it does not prevent de-hydration in the hair due to the heat styling.
It also does not prevent frizz much (for me, I have curly hair) and I am quite disappointed that even if I use it before using the iron my hair results straight but it's not flexible it's like straw straight and rather dry in the end. It also does not prevent the ends to split.
Now I switched to kerastase's Nectar Thermique which is a whole other class of its own. I loved the TIGI Spray (mainly for its smell I used it on my hair when no heat was following it :D) but I don't think I will go back to it after using better products.
It is better than the Wella one because it IS basically a thin misty oil and adds some extramoisture and shine but not enough to actually defend against the heat. I think it's probably more suited for normal hair not for dry hair and definitely not for oily hair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

i tried this on a whim but i'm glad i picked it up. i really feel like it helps protect my hair and the finish it gives is awesome. i use it before i blow dry and before i flat iron and it doesn't leave any gross residue. plus the smell is so good i use it as a perfume for my hair on days when i don't wash it. my only complaint is the spray nozzle tends to leak but i just take whatever leaks and rub it through my ends. i definitely want to try out more stuff from the s factor line.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Nesian1

Wow. I love and lust this lol

This is my HG flat iron spray. What I love most about it (aside from the fruity scent) is the amazing mirror like shine it gives my dark hair, and the pump and nozzle on the bottle sprays an ultra fine mist so doesnt waste the product. Thats a good thing cause this is pretty expensive, but with all S Factor products, a little truly does go a long way.

I have long fine (but lots of it) dyed hair that reaches the middle of my back and I only need perhaps 4 sprays to do my whole head. I would be careful to concentrate on the ends and mid lengths as it will make your hair look greasy closer to your roots.

I spray twice directly onto my hands and the rub them together and smooth through one half of my hair then do the same for the other half, then I smooth through the top of my hair with whatever is left on my hands. That works for me :) I've found that I have less breakage using this, and I just cant get over the amazing shine! I will be repurchasing this again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by liil56

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You can't control too much about how much product you put in your hair because the pump nozzle is terrible.
BUT the product is really fantastic. my hair was much, much shinier and less frizzy, and the smell was surprisingly nice. it's a pity it's so expensive, but you shouldn't spray on too much anyway (or it'll turn out oily. i've been careful about that)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This is not better than the skinny serum. It feels and look greasy and the spray pumps more than you need (short hair). I choose the skinny serum over this any day. Would not buy again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rarely use heating products on my hair ...... I have hot rollers, a straightening iron and curling irons, but yet although I have found products to protect my hair from heat, I still freak out due to not wanting to damage my hair ...... I prefer to dry and style my hair naturally. On the rare occasions that I do use heat, I use a product from Sexy Hair Concepts, however, I ran out and instead picked up S-Factor Heat Defender recently and this stuff rocks!!!!!!!!! I love the way my hair dries naturally, however, there are times I want a different style ...... I always let my hair dry naturally after washing and then if I feel the need to use a heating product, I spray S-Factor Heat Defender on dry hair and use my heating tool of choice and I have no heat damage ...... a few times now, I wanted my naturally wavy hair to have a few chunkier curls, and have used a 1" barrell curling iron on a few pieces of my hair to blend in and am always shocked when I see how this S-Factor product protects my hair from the heat ...... I still fear heat, but atleast the few times that I do experiment with heating tools, I will know that S-Factor Heat Defender is protecting my hair ....... I know that mostly everyone uses this with a straightening iron, but it works well with a curling iron as well as I find that it does not flatten or loosen my natural waves. (a huge plus is that this work nicely as a shine product as well ..... definitely spray lightly to avoid a case of the greasies.) This product is super $$$$, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by herbina77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite product with flat irons, and I have tried plenty. I love the smell and it does help to do the flattening job. The only thing is that you have to be very careful to use only a small amount, otherwise it'll make your hair look greasy. And the cap breaks easily, I got mine used and without the cap since the previous owner had already broken it.