October 21, 2014 | 2050 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

expensive, sickly smell, its not bad but makes my blonde hair look greasy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only heat protectant I trust with my flat iron. There isn't that scary sizzling sound or burning smell with this product at all. It keeps my hair straight (or curly, if I've curled it) and leaves my hair amazingly shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by saposa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A good heat protectant. It leaves my hair silky, soft and shiny. A lot shinier than some other heat protectants, I have to say. However on the second day my hair is way to greasy and this is a product I don't want to use sparingly; I want the best possible protection.
Be careful not to drop this! Mine fell off the bathroom counter only once and the bottle was completely busted. The packaging material seems to be unusually coarse because plastic typically doesn't break this easily.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm giving this product 3 lippies,because it made me realise how good my CHI worked, otherwise it would worth 1 lippie, for the shine. I'm using a GHD flat iron for more than 2 years now and never had problems with damaged hair. I took it for granted and I thought that any heat protectant would work with my Ghd miracle,so I bought this. Long story short, after 5 uses I had to cut my hair, as there was nothing I could do to fix it. I never want to even feel the smell of it or of another similar product, that's how decided I am to use only CHI.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by vayalios

Great product. Leaves the hair shiny, full and without frizzy ends. Just be careful to spray a small quantity. I have tried Swartzkopt, GHD Spray..
and none of this works as good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has made my hair a lot more shiny than it has ever been before! And you only have to use a little bit too! Plus it's a GREAT heat protect and makes my thick hair super silky. Smells amazing too! Expensive, but will last a long time and SO worth the price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I have to admit I buy this purely for the gorgeous strawberry smell! I mist it onto damp hair before blowdrying and my hair retains its lightness whilst being easy to comb through (I've tried so many heat sprays that have made my hair feel coarse and matted). I hate this on dry hair, though - my hair is fine-textured and this spray tends to make it lank and greasy. I don't know whether that's the formulation or whether I'm being heavy-handed (because it mists so finely it's easy to overdo.) I'm not sure how effective the spray is at protecting my hair from heat - I've not noticed any improvement in the moisture levels of my hair since I've been using it (I'm on my third bottle.) I've checked yes to repurchase, although I plan to shop around after I've finished my current bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my main heat defense product for quite sometime. My bottle didn't present and packaging problems and the smell is trully amazing. It also adds gloss shine to the hair but I am not quite sure exactly how well it goes with the heat protection (on a flat iron). It helps combing, temporary hidration and flattening but it does not prevent de-hydration in the hair due to the heat styling.
It also does not prevent frizz much (for me, I have curly hair) and I am quite disappointed that even if I use it before using the iron my hair results straight but it's not flexible it's like straw straight and rather dry in the end. It also does not prevent the ends to split.
Now I switched to kerastase's Nectar Thermique which is a whole other class of its own. I loved the TIGI Spray (mainly for its smell I used it on my hair when no heat was following it :D) but I don't think I will go back to it after using better products.
It is better than the Wella one because it IS basically a thin misty oil and adds some extramoisture and shine but not enough to actually defend against the heat. I think it's probably more suited for normal hair not for dry hair and definitely not for oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

i tried this on a whim but i'm glad i picked it up. i really feel like it helps protect my hair and the finish it gives is awesome. i use it before i blow dry and before i flat iron and it doesn't leave any gross residue. plus the smell is so good i use it as a perfume for my hair on days when i don't wash it. my only complaint is the spray nozzle tends to leak but i just take whatever leaks and rub it through my ends. i definitely want to try out more stuff from the s factor line.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Nesian1

Wow. I love and lust this lol

This is my HG flat iron spray. What I love most about it (aside from the fruity scent) is the amazing mirror like shine it gives my dark hair, and the pump and nozzle on the bottle sprays an ultra fine mist so doesnt waste the product. Thats a good thing cause this is pretty expensive, but with all S Factor products, a little truly does go a long way.

I have long fine (but lots of it) dyed hair that reaches the middle of my back and I only need perhaps 4 sprays to do my whole head. I would be careful to concentrate on the ends and mid lengths as it will make your hair look greasy closer to your roots.

I spray twice directly onto my hands and the rub them together and smooth through one half of my hair then do the same for the other half, then I smooth through the top of my hair with whatever is left on my hands. That works for me :) I've found that I have less breakage using this, and I just cant get over the amazing shine! I will be repurchasing this again and again.