TiGi S-Factor Heat Defender - Flat Iron Shine Spray

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Dethylhexanoate, Disopropyl Adipate, Disopropyl Sebacate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool

on 7/18/2011 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

So you know when you buy a super-hyped product hoping it'll be amazing but expecting that it'll probably be just ok? Yeah? Well, this is NOT one of those - it's incredible! My hair is very dry and no matter how much I condition and treat it, the ends are always a bit frazzled and uncontrollable. But, a couple of squirts of this, and a quick run through with the straightening iron, and my hair looks exactly like it did the last time I left the hair salon. It is smooth, soft and perfectly straight and in place. And the smell is fantastic! The spray does mist very finely, and at first I didn't realise any of the product was on my hair and I added more, but it doesn't appear at all greasy, just shiny and smooth. I absolutely recommend!

on 7/1/2011 8:13:00 PM

Like the better-working older sister of TreSemme Heat Tamer. My hair gets straight, smooth, and silky and feels so healthy when I use this. If you're willing to splurge on heat protector definitely get this.

on 5/21/2011 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

expensive, sickly smell, its not bad but makes my blonde hair look greasy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the only heat protectant I trust with my flat iron. There isn't that scary sizzling sound or burning smell with this product at all. It keeps my hair straight (or curly, if I've curled it) and leaves my hair amazingly shiny.

on 3/27/2011 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A good heat protectant. It leaves my hair silky, soft and shiny. A lot shinier than some other heat protectants, I have to say. However on the second day my hair is way to greasy and this is a product I don't want to use sparingly; I want the best possible protection.
Be careful not to drop this! Mine fell off the bathroom counter only once and the bottle was completely busted. The packaging material seems to be unusually coarse because plastic typically doesn't break this easily.

on 12/15/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm giving this product 3 lippies,because it made me realise how good my CHI worked, otherwise it would worth 1 lippie, for the shine. I'm using a GHD flat iron for more than 2 years now and never had problems with damaged hair. I took it for granted and I thought that any heat protectant would work with my Ghd miracle,so I bought this. Long story short, after 5 uses I had to cut my hair, as there was nothing I could do to fix it. I never want to even feel the smell of it or of another similar product, that's how decided I am to use only CHI.

on 12/14/2010 8:24:00 AM

Great product. Leaves the hair shiny, full and without frizzy ends. Just be careful to spray a small quantity. I have tried Swartzkopt, GHD Spray..
and none of this works as good.

on 10/18/2010 12:18:00 AM

This product has made my hair a lot more shiny than it has ever been before! And you only have to use a little bit too! Plus it's a GREAT heat protect and makes my thick hair super silky. Smells amazing too! Expensive, but will last a long time and SO worth the price!

I have to admit I buy this purely for the gorgeous strawberry smell! I mist it onto damp hair before blowdrying and my hair retains its lightness whilst being easy to comb through (I've tried so many heat sprays that have made my hair feel coarse and matted). I hate this on dry hair, though - my hair is fine-textured and this spray tends to make it lank and greasy. I don't know whether that's the formulation or whether I'm being heavy-handed (because it mists so finely it's easy to overdo.) I'm not sure how effective the spray is at protecting my hair from heat - I've not noticed any improvement in the moisture levels of my hair since I've been using it (I'm on my third bottle.) I've checked yes to repurchase, although I plan to shop around after I've finished my current bottle.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is my main heat defense product for quite sometime. My bottle didn't present and packaging problems and the smell is trully amazing. It also adds gloss shine to the hair but I am not quite sure exactly how well it goes with the heat protection (on a flat iron). It helps combing, temporary hidration and flattening but it does not prevent de-hydration in the hair due to the heat styling.
It also does not prevent frizz much (for me, I have curly hair) and I am quite disappointed that even if I use it before using the iron my hair results straight but it's not flexible it's like straw straight and rather dry in the end. It also does not prevent the ends to split.
Now I switched to kerastase's Nectar Thermique which is a whole other class of its own. I loved the TIGI Spray (mainly for its smell I used it on my hair when no heat was following it :D) but I don't think I will go back to it after using better products.
It is better than the Wella one because it IS basically a thin misty oil and adds some extramoisture and shine but not enough to actually defend against the heat. I think it's probably more suited for normal hair not for dry hair and definitely not for oily hair.

Popular Styling Products