November 26, 2014 | 1218 users online

Powder - Meow Cosmetics - Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I'm not a new user of Meow Cosmetics, but I like to update my reviews as my feelings change about certain products. I highly applaud this company for having a VERY wide range of shades since my skin is a challenge to match. I'm warm and that can mean a lot of different things. More specifically, I'm golden, not yellow, not peach, not olive, not really golden-olive ... the list goes on and on :)

Some people may disagree with me, but I do think that Flawless Feline is a heavy coverage foundation. I made the mistake of buying this the first time around because I thought it would cut down the time in my makeup routine. However, I thought this formula was harder to work with because, well, it is heavy. Meow claims that it will feel light on the skin despite its coverage. I unfortunately could not agree with this. It's a little chalky and definitely not light feeling, though I have seen a lot worse. Because this foundation did not really look right on me, I won't repurchase this one again.

I also wanted to share a few tips for sampling foundation colors.

1) Since Flawless Feline is heavy, I think that there's less of a "leeway" when it comes to finding a perfect match. If Flawless is the coverage/finish for you, it may be a good idea to order more samples (especially in different breeds) to find the most accurate match.
2) Post or email your pic to Jen on the forum. She usually narrows it down to 3-4 different undertones that you should try.
3) If you are unsure of your undertones, order some samples in Siamese and determine how much your skin deviates from the foundation. If it looks pink, order/try warmer shades (cooler shades if it looks yellow).
4) If you *know* you are warm toned, order Chartreux first. That breed is definitely warm and definitely has some yellow. Chartreux pulled pink on me, so I knew I needed something warmer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by michellethreefold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is seriously the BEST foundation ever! Once you get over the overwhelment of all the shades (sampling, and emailing Meow customer service is the best way to go), you'll find that you'll never look at another foundation again.

When I decided to use only natural products and mineral makeup, I looked around for liquid mineral foundation, as I thought that powder would be way too drying. After finding nothing I liked (and spending way too much $$$), I decided to try Meow. Well, I was very impressed!! It did not dry out my skin, was very cheap, and covered my pigmentation. This is a foundation I will continue to buy - though the jar is massive, so I don't envisage needing any more for quite a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At my sweatiest and oiliest, my fndt only requires a light touch up. Better yet, it matches, has great coverage, is water resistant, and looks like skin. It also washes off like a dream.

As for color matching, it can be very confusing, but once you find your match/matches, it's worth the nearly exact match. I'm an nc15-20 and I match frisky korat/chartreux.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jnsm

As I have extremely sensitive skin, irritated and acne prone, I have gone through a lot to find a good founation. This is the absolute best. My skin has never looked so calm, my redness almost disappeared, and my acne improved significantly. I still get occasional breakouts, but this foundation layers to cover them well. It goes on smoothly and keeps my skin from getting oily- the best I have found in terms of oil control.
I know it's hard to choose a shade- but I used the help on their forum, and the effort was more than worth it. My skin thanks me every day.
Absolutely the BEST.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, this foundation made my face itch, which is never a good sign. It does have decent coverage, but not "flawless" coverage. I'd say it's better than most MMU, but is far from full coverage. You still need to layer it on to cover trouble spots.

The main deterrent for me is the fact that they have SO MANY colors to choose from that it's ridiculous trying to find a match. Rather than making it easy and having cool tones, neutral tones, neutral with yellow, yellow, olive, and peach, etc., they make it so freaking complicated! And meanwhile, I've found so many matches for my skin with other MMU brands, but not a single match with meow cosmetics!

The other frustrating aspect is the fact that their "depths" don't match up. So, I placed an order with about 12 foundation samples in the "sleek" depth and some were way darker than others, while others were so much lighter. It also took 2 weeks to get my order and I'm in the U.S., so if I wanted to order more samples to try to figure out what my color is in the other "depths", it would take at least a month and a half of trying foundation shades only to be disappointed in the end.

Waste of money and the pictures on the site do not accurately depict colors, so my blush samples were a waste of money. The whole purchase was a waste of money, but we have to try to figure it out.

I've since found Lauress Ethereal and that's HG for me, for now. I've reviewed that separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

I am in love with this foundation. It has AMAZING coverage... like I've never experienced before. And I don't have to layer on the coverage. One brush over my skin and it deposits a ton of pigment. The nice thing about it too is that it stays put longer than any other makeup I've used. I tried another popular mineral foundation and it didn't help in the months where you're sweating or when your face becomes an oil slick because of the temperature. It does not make me break out, it does not dry out my face, it does not fail me. They do give you a lot for your money so it's well worth it. I get the largest size they have and since you don't have to layer to get coverage, you only use a fraction and it lasts you FOREVER. The only CONS are: they have a ton of colors to choose from and it takes some detective work (and trial and error through sampling) to get the right color for your skin ~ your vanity/makeup counter will be covered in foundation dust ~ you shouldn't breathe in when applying because it will go in through your nose and mouth and eyes (it's so finely milled). I think it took me 3-4 tries to get the color right. But once you find the right shade, I hope you will rave about them just as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Polaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After many years (and dozens of samples) searching for the right mineral foundation, I found not only my perfect formula, but also my perfect match, in Meow Cosmetics. By the way, I'm about NC 25, and Naughty Chartreux fits me through and through, with no need for further mixing.

Flawless Feline is their fullest coverage formula, and although some here say it is drying to their skin, I have to say my sensitive & combo skin (oily nose, normal elsewhere) doesn't seem to notice. Some are also saying it looks cakey, but I haven't found that either. See, my trick with Flawless Feline - and this is why I love it so much - is that, having the coverage it has, I can get away with applying a small amount of it. That way, it feels like nothing on and still gives me good coverage. If your skin doesn't need complete coverage from a foundation and you, like me, hate having to apply large amounts of stuff to your face, try applying a small amount of Flawless Feline... it may work as well for you as it does for me. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by pumibel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered some samples of the Flawless Feline and Purrrfect Puss mineral foundations from Meow is a few colors to try out. Luckily, one of the colors, Frisky Korat, matches quite well, and the other shades are nice to mix with blush because they are a little too pink for my skin tone.
With the full-coverage Flawless Feline I had to do a couple of practice runs. I had some uneven cakiness the first time. This was due to my application technique and the fact that I was trying to get the product out of a plastic baggie. I found some empty plastic containers and transferred my samples to make it easier. With better control over the product, I found that this mineral makeup applies very smoothly and looks fantastic. It covers red spots and broken capillaries, so I didn't have to use any concealer or color corrector with this foundation.

I experimented with extra layers to see just how much it can cover, and I found that while 2-3 layers is great, 5 looks TOO flawless! I wore the five layers all day however, and I had no cakiness. I had to blot some oil because I do have combo skin, but the makeup stayed in place. Blotting and dusting a very light powder keeps it looking perfect. I also had some of the meow VIP blush on with this trial, and both looked fantastic after 8-9 hours.

I am going to buy a full size of this foundation now that I know how to apply it .

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by met451

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally use Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss in Inquisitive Korat but I was starting to run out and wanted to see how well the Flawless Feline provided coverage, so I ordered a sample of it to try out. No matter how well I prepped my skin (exfoliation, letting moisturizer sink in, using/not using primer, using VERY little, etc.) I could not get this to consistently work well. The coverage is really quite good/heavy, however the problem is that it either ends up looking cakey, accentuates ANY dry skin and migrates when I start to sweat. I knew I looked bad when my husband saw me outside and asked me if I was feeling okay because I looked so much paler than normal; although I ordered the same color as in Pampered Puss, the extra coverage made me look like a ghost. I really like Meow Cosmetics products, but this is a definite no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by jess1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. It looks very natural yet does a good job evening out my skin tone. Compared to the liquid or cream foundations I've worn in the past this feels very light as if I'm not wearing anything. I love how there are so many shades to choose from as I was able to find an exact match.