mark Powder Buff powder foundation

3.9

Mica, Nylon-12, Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Stearate, Benzophenone-3, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Kaolin, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Squalane, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Methicone Crosspolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Cyclodextrin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Methicone, Lauryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc PCA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 6/30/2010 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely could not live without this product. My routine is concealer on target areas, then mousse foundation, then this amazing powder. It's got great coverage, not oily at all - my skin is normal to dry side, so it's perfect after applying my foundation. The packaging is simple, and the price is fantastic - only 10$! So worth it.

on 6/23/2010 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I never thought about buying mark stuff but I was at my university bookstore and saw the little Mark stand...of course I was drawn towards it lol, and had to try something. I usually wear estee lauder double wear liquid or powder, but those are $36 and this is $8!

my routine today was:
smashbox photofinish light + mac select cover up nc35 + mark powder buff foundation in natural and i was really pleased! at first i thought the coverage wouldnt be that great, but i used the sponge it came w/ and it actually covered post acne scars, though some were a little visible. Did not look cakey or powdery on my oily skin. I blot with palladio rice papers and I really didn't feel like i was wearing a lot of makeup... great for summer. Looked good in the hash school-bathroom lighting. Also it comes with a huge mirror too. So glad i made this random purchase :)

p.s. Compared to L'oreal Bare Naturale mineral foundation, I like this better. Its less chalky/ blends better and I can press it better onto areas i need more coverage. Also much less messy.

on 5/21/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

So far, the best foundation I've found. I have very oily, acne-prone skin, with large pores and quite a bit of redness, so I need a powerhouse foundation. This is pretty darn good. Its so easy to apply, doesn't tug the skin and gives full coverage. Redness, gone. I still use concealer on pimples and under eye circles, but no foundation has ever covered it all for me, not even Cover Fx. I find this also helps with oil control. The only down side it that it cakes a bit where my skin is really oily (ie. around the nose and chin). So, I do need to reapply at least once throughout the day. Overall, for 10 bucks, a steal of a deal. (i'd give it 4 1/2 out of 5)

Pros:
Price
Great coverage (FULL)
Doesn't feel heavy on
Doesn't cause acne breakouts (Huge plus)
Product lasted me about a year using it every day
Oil control

Cons:
Cakes on oily areas of skin (You just have to blend it out and its ok)
Doesn't last all day
Colour selection is limited and hard to chose from online swatches (Ivory was good for me)

on 4/14/2010 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall a good foundation. I had some problems like the other reviews here. Don't layer it on or it will look cakey. It accentuates dry skin and will make your skin look like it is flaking off. So moisturize ahead of time. If I have a really bad pimple I will use concealer on top of this. But overall it's a nice light foundation thats quick and easy to apply. But I will not be repurchasing. There are better foundations out there.

on 3/27/2010 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good powder foundation for everyday use. This provides light to medium coverage. However during the course of the day, I found that this foundation left my skin looking chalky and found I would have to retouch it again. This foundation accentuates dry skin. I have acne type skin but I also have some dry flaky areas where the acne is healing. And this foundation accentuated that rather than conceal it. Weird. This makeup is NOT good for the stage. It will wear off easily. So I would use this and liquid mark face xpert foundation. When combined with the two, the staying power is longer.

on 3/22/2010 2:29:00 AM

i know mark products for years now and when this came out i decided to try it. Got natural shade, matches me perfectly and loooooved it.
I'm not a fan of liquid makeup for everyday usage ( use it for when the occasion calls for it) I have also tried bare minerals but tend to never find my exact match and personally i think its overpriced. Physicians Formula powders are nice but doesn't offer many shades. now some complain that the shades are to yellow and i tend to agree. They offer light to dark shades but I think this line compliments someone with a more medium skin tone.

This is a build-able foundation powder, so you can wear it sheer to medium-full coverage. I do have to use concealer for blemishes or scars, in my case broken capillaries. Put this on afterward with a flat top brush or a kabuki( for more coverage) and that's all i need:) If you apply with the sponge it comes with its eh okay. Its quick, feels smooth on the skin doesn't look chalky, looks natural, and what i love most about it evens out my skin amazingly. I'm all about the less you have to put on the better so I'm anti-face primers and without it, it still stays on for a long time.

on 2/9/2010 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

the product was ok...i liked the powder. the coverage was great and the packaging was wonderful. the color was a shade too dark for me, which i could have dealt with, that is until it turned me a bright orange after 20 minutes.

on 2/9/2010 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Really wanted to like Powder Buff but it doesn't work for me. No matter whether I use a brush to apply or the sponge that comes with it, it looks heavy and masklike and feels that way, too. Also, the shades are all too yellow for my skintone. Great coverage though and a super price, hence a 3 rating. Worth a look if you find a color match and need lots of coverage.

on 2/3/2010 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I just bought this foundation in Nude and in Buff. I am disappointed that there is no shade to match me because I really like the coverage of this stuff. It is matte but natural and helps control me oily skin. The Nude is too light and washes me out and the Buff is slightly too dark. Bummer. :(

on 2/2/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Still need to use a concealor w/ this. It has translucent to a buildable light coverage. Seems to settle into my lines no matter which brush I use and w/ or w/o primer. Probably because I have to use enough to cover my redness and it just piles up too much and as a result it creases. But besides that it looks very natural. I use 'Nude'. 0.4oz/11.34g