Boots no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Carbomer, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

on 11/21/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I've been using this serum for 6 months and I actually don't use it for the anti aging effect, but I noticed that my skins texture improved in a couple of weeks, when I tried it the first time, but I didn't see any difference in my fine lines (I don't really have any lines or wrinkles, other than under my eyes and a tiny wrinkle between my eyes) I`ve continued using it because it removes my acnescars!!!! I started having breakouts after using the birthcontrol pill (Yasmin) I used it for 5-6 years and I've always had beautiful and clear skin, until I stopped using the pill, then my skin got terrible! My pores got huge on my face, chest and back and started getting bad acne, so bad I didn't want to leave the house without makeup and turtleneck. I also got acne on my body, for the first time in my life!(30 years old at the time) I will never use birthcontrol pills again! Ever! The only product that has helped my skin is no 7 beauty serum and I've tried almost everything because I got desperate.. my skin is now almost scar free, but I still get breakouts from time to time, (I'll be 34 next month) I just hope my skin will get normal again. (sorry if my english is bad, I'm from Denmark).

on 11/19/2011 3:04:00 PM

I use the intense serum and also the protect and perfect eye cream, it goes on smoothly, the gel like texture feels good on the skin. I have been using it for four months but I haven't noticed any difference yet but I will keep using it until I've finished the bottle, I really hope results show as for a serum it's really good value, I will give it 3 stars for now and update in a couple months.

on 11/16/2011 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I just finished using a bottle of this. I'm not entirely sure what, if anything, this serum did, hence the middling 3 stars. But, nevertheless I bought another (actually, I got the intense serum this time around).

So why did I buy another bottle?

Well, my skin looks better now than it has in years. I'm not entirely sure how much of this is due to the Boots. I started using a few new products around the same time, and foremost I've switched over to the hot cloth cleansing method. But this serum clearly isn't having any visible negative effects. My skin feels generally less dry and irritated than in the past, and even though it is November, I haven't had to switch over to my cold-weather moisturizer yet. In general, my skin is more radiant, although I don't think this serum really even skin tone or gets rid of dark spots. It absorbs quickly, and my moisturizer and Laura Mercier mineral powder layer over nicely. In short, my skin looks and feels good.

Also, at around $20, it's not a significant investment, unlike many other serums.

One bottle lasted about 2 1/2 months, using twice a day. I was fairly generous in my application, and also used it on my neck.

on 8/6/2011 3:45:00 PM

Brilliant product! So much cheaper than the expensive brands but works really really well l love it. Have been using it on the fine lines around my mouth and they really are visibly reduced! Not expensive, easy to apply, nice non-sticky texture, smells nice and does exactly what it says on the packaging. Comes in a nice tube so no need to stick your finger in the product which I like and its very easy to squeeze the last bit out of the tube. Given the fact that I'm only 30 I dont have very deep wrinkles or anything like that, just have some fine lines that were starting to show but this product is def keeping them at bay and I will carry on using it for as long as it's working for me before i start spending a fortune on more expensive brands. Think this has won an award or product of the year as well and i am not surprised!

on 7/16/2011 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Feels nice on the skin, but there are better products out there! I would prefer to use my S&G wish upon a jar 21 day collagen cream along with a cheaper serum, so i wont be buying this again! My one consolation is the lovely free no.7 gift bag i got when i purchased this. Not all its cracked up to be!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

In my opinion, this is a great serum. I'm still very young, so I can't say much about the anti-aging benefits, but as a regular serum to improve radiance, texture, and slight pigmentation, it's worked for me. I like that it has retinol and peptides in it, which are great for preventative anti-aging, but they're very low on the ingredient list. This means that it probably won't work wonders on existing deep wrinkles and sagging, but it will help to keep them from getting more noticeable. The one thing that I really don't like is how fast I seem to be going through it. I use quite a bit. One pump for my face, one for my neck, and on for my decollete twice a day. But the price isn't near as much as some of the other serums I've used (which I go through just as fast) so I can overlook that. My skin is much more even and it helps my moisturizer to soak in quicker and (it seems) deeper. I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/15/2011 1:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Nothing more than hyped up silicone in a bottle, this product is so full of silicones it would prevent any of it's "anti aging" ingredients from penetrating at all, their "study" to prove this stuff "really works" was funded by, none other then guess who? Boots! one of the many silicones listed on this is known to build up for months and can be dangerous,silicones can make you think your skin feels good , but it is an occlusive, it stays on tops of skin and is drying. This is another example of how advertising can really fool people.

on 4/29/2011 4:52:00 PM

I bought this about 4 years ago when it was packaged in a tube and called "Renew and Restore." After using it off and on, I didn't notice any change so I didn't keep up with using it. I re-found the tube of it a month ago after my mom read in a magazine and bought some for herself (now under the "Protect and Perfect" name and in a glass bottle).

I started using it again not expecting to notice any changes in my skin. Within a week, these little bumps I've had under my eyes for the last couple years have totally gone away. I couldn't believe it. I used up my tube and bought the glass bottle and am now using it morning and night.

I had seriously considered going to a dermatologist to get those bumps checked out and to get help in getting rid of them. I can't believe this fixed it. On top of that, my skin now feels incredibly smooth. I'm 33. Not sure if my "younger" skin 4 years ago just didn't need this stuff?

I will definitely re-buy and now I want to check out more of the Boots line!

on 4/15/2011 5:16:00 PM

I have the Intense version and love it. I use it every morning under my moisturizer and it makes my skin smooth and radiant!

on 3/1/2011 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is for the regular version, not intense.
This is the first serum I have tried, and it is quite nice. It really soakes up into your skin, which means you use a lot.. but it leaves the skin really smooth. I feel it tightens up the eye area, but it might be my imagination.
I have the tube version, very hygenic and you get out all the product.
My tube is nearly finished, and I dont know if ill buy another or try something else,,

Popular Treatments (Face)