July 28, 2014 | 1033 users online

Fragrances - Hard Candy - Liquid

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2004 4:09:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Blech. This didn't smell like anything I could put my finger on. I sprayed it on the back of my arm. It was alcoholic and strong, very cloying, and cheap smelling. I let it set for a while and couldn't get over how saccharine and plastic it smelled. It was like some one took VS Pear Glace and poured gin and Sweet-n-Low® into it. Nothing really stood out about this scent other than ickyness, and then it faded.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2004 10:06:00 PM More reviews by victoriamegatron

I love thsi fragrance.It smells like anise.It is so sudductive but very light and you could wear it everyday,everywhere.People love it when I wear this.
It has a great packaging and is so cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2004 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ljws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked this scent. I like mint scents like Scentsational of Huntington's Mint Blossom, and this one hit right on the spot... Clean, soft mint, and I think Licorish. It fades a little to quickly for me, but I really like the top notes most, so I don't mind re-spraying. In my opinion - this is a little like a very light Lolita Lempicka, although not as sweet, with a warm, soft mint thrown in. Don't judge this one until it's been on at least 30 minutes - on me, it morphs into a really simple, warm clean scent. Not at all like citrus clean, or softner clean, but somewhat herbally clean due to the mint. I'm not sure how I'll feel till the bottles almost empty, but at this point - I would repurchase, or search for a swap again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2004 11:27:00 AM More reviews by i_darling

I received this like-new in a swap and am unsure as to whether I can recommend it or not. Here's why: love the packaging, love the price (now it's 9.99) and the scent is something that can best be described as inhibiting that fragrance spectrum between pricey and appealing and cheap and cloying. It's a softly sweet and spicy warmth that seems one note away from too much. But, my DH likes it so maybe there is something to it. I think it's growing on me, but I still reach for something else in the day (Demeter) and this only for going out in the evening.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

Once again, I am in the vast minority - I really like this perfume. A lot. It reminds me of Dior Hypnotic Poison to a certain degree, maybe it's the licorice scent... anyway, IMO, it's worth getting if you could find it at TJMaxx (which is where I got it). It's not worth paying full price for, but if you could find it discounted give it a shot. I've gotten lots of compliments on this so far. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kiely98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a swap, and I'm a bit disappointed. It's not bad, but nothing special. I expected better from Hard Candy. Glad I didn't pay for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 8:07:00 AM More reviews by bacorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This fragrance made me sick...Seriously. It smelled good in the bottle, but on me it was a disaster. I dont know why, but this just didn't work out at all. How disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2004 3:35:00 PM More reviews by MarilynMalibu

Unlike the masses, I actually enjoy this fragrance. The ring is cute, and the packaging is very unique. The bottle looks like a Hard Candy nailpolish bottle. It smells sweet with hints of milk and licorice. I always get complimented while wearing this! I want to stock up since it's being discontinued! :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I almost bought this before testing it first at Marshalls. I'm glad I decided to test before buying. On me this smells just like that old fragrance called exclamation, in the white and black glass bottle that was sold years ago. I never did like that fragrance and Liquid smells too much like it for me to consider purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2004 7:25:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this at Marshall's for $9.99. Cute ring! I am such the sucker for packaging. I used to wear Lolita Lempicka in winter. Yes, this is like a lite/clean version of LL or the dirtier-to-me Angel. If you found the other 2 fragrances almost likable, but too strong, you may like this. If you hate those type of scents altogether,this is not for you. This is also an option if you just do not have the budget for those other 2 scents. This type of scent is not an everyday scent for me, so for the price I am satisfied. I would never have paid full price, though!