Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Pencil - Black

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/15/2010 11:55:00 PM

Wow, where is the love for this product? I got mine in a set at CVS... it came with a black one, a white one, a lipliner, an eyeshadow trio, and a gloss. I mostly bought for the shadows, because I already have my HG black liner. Well, I tried the black liner in the kit anyway... and it was good. Honestly, it's comparable to my favorite Sonia Kashuk pencil. It has a "thicker" consistency than most drugstore pencils, and I felt like it deposits a lot of color. It's very dense and creamy, but it doesn't skip or tug on my lash line. I worked for a 12 hour day wearing it, and it only faded a little (over primer)... and it didn't smear under my eyes at all. I haven't had any problems that others have had as far as the tip breaking. It actually feels quite sturdy to me. I also love the smudgeability of this. See, I like to smudge my eyeliner purposefully when I do a smoky eye. This blends really nicely when I use a q-tip... a nice true black. I have no complaints with it so far... and for less than a buck, it's definitely not bad to have as a back up in my stash.

on 10/30/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this eyeliner isnt the greatest but for everyday use it is good. for going out to school or grocery store its good. why waste more then 99 cents for going to those places? i will buy it again

on 7/31/2010 3:53:00 PM

I bought this based on a recommendation in a magazine. I thought perhaps this was a best kept beauty secret that I was missing out on, so I bought a pencil from Wal-Mart for 93 cents. Sadly, this was junk.

The first problem I noticed was that the pencil didn't line well. It dragged and skipped across my lash line. I had to keep going over and over the same spots to get some color - but by that point the line I was drawing was getting rather thick and messy. The second problem was that the color was really more of a charcoal than a true black. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because if Cover Girl and Urban Decay can't get black right then I can't expect Wet 'n' Wild to. The last problem was the deal-breaker. This eyeliner traveled! I used it to line my lower lashes and by mid-day it was all over my under-eye area. Not pretty!

Bottom line: don't waste a dollar on this!

on 9/7/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this with the blue eyeliner for 99 cents so... if I could I'd give this a 0.1 for the price rating. I didn't really get a chance to test this out on my eyes because it kept breaking every time I applied pressure to it. Anyway, although it's cheap, the fact that I can't use it... defeats the purpose of purchasing it. So anywho, 2 lippies it is, and to the trash can it goes.

on 8/17/2009 7:57:00 PM

I have used this liner for quite some time before discovering a new fave from VS. It was dirt cheap (only about 99 cents, I think at CVS) and did a decent job for that price. My only tiff with it was it was never a true black.. it always had a grayish tiny on my lids and smudged really easy. I felt I always had to reapply during the day to keep the color. But for 99 cents I couldn't complain.. it lasted a long time.

on 4/15/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Picked this up today while passing through my local Walgreens. This is totally crap. Got black black and dark brown. The black doesn't even show up on my waterline, nor does it grab onto the eye. Not to mention it almost comes off as a grayish color. Now the dark brown on the other hand, is okay for filling the same areas of the brow, up that's about it. Thank goodness it was on sale for 70 cents. Most definitely won't purchase this liner ever again.......blah!!!!

on 3/31/2009 12:44:00 AM

Well... i just bought it today (March 30th, 2009)

and i used it when i got home, and the packaging was ok, it wasnt too flashy, or complicated.

it was ok for me, (Just getting into the makeup world.)

overall, its ok.

on 3/30/2009 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I will say that I'm a firm believer that drugstore black eyeliner is just as good if not better than designer eyeliner, and for the price, you can't complain. I typically use NYC black eyeliner, but seeing as for some reason that's difficult to find, I settled on this one when I was desperate. It's decent, although if you have even slightly oily skin it wil tend to... not smear, but sort of disappear, leaving only traces of it on your eye. You may have to apply it a few times over the course of the day/evening, but it goes on rather thick and is easy to work with.

on 3/24/2009 4:34:00 PM

So this is a dirt cheap product which I understand. I bought it in a pinch, but would not buy it again. It doesn't look black at all. It goes on in a grayish tone (at least on me). The stick is really long and akward to store and use. At least I am not out 10 or more dollars for this... just 99 cents.

on 2/25/2009 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

its a decent khol pencil for the price it can be used for smokey eye effect as its smudegable and cheap you cant go wrong for the price. My only gripe is the pencil is too long and cumbersome to bring in my bag