September 19, 2014 | 1681 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I got this because of the price, its really cheap, I paid about USD4 for a big bottle of 725ml. I rarely use moisturizer, except when I am applying foundation on my legs for when I'm wearing skirts. I use moisturizer mostly for this sole purpose. I mix the moisturizer and liquid foundation and just rub the mixture on my legs. If the moisturizer is too thick, the mixture won't be able to go on smoothly on my legs, and if its too oily or runny, the mixture tends to rub off on chairs when I sit on them. This moisturizer looks to be fine, not too thick, neither too oily. Might re-purchase if I run out.

Update: I have since brought the bottle to office for use when my skin feels dry, and decided it is better than Johnson's Baby Loition (which I use at home).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Check out my notepad to read a more detailed explanation of my body skin type!

Update January 8th 2011: I no longer use this lotion. I do think that it might have contributed to dryness, because once I stopped using it, dry areas were no longer dry. Will not likely repurchase, but ratings remain the same.

* This is a review for "Intensive Rescue Extra Strength Hypoallergenic Lotion", unfragranced version. This is the same product as the Moisture Locking Lotion, simply labeled differently here in Canada. *

What it Claims:
"Vaseline® Intensive Rescue® Extra Strength Lotion triples moisture reserves in your skin instantly, then fills in the gaps found in dry, damaged skin to lock moisture in all day, promoting the proper hydrating environment dry skin needs to repair itself.
* Glycerin - instantly triples moisture
* Occlusives - help lock in moisture all day"

Claims - True or False?
1) Triples moisture reserves instantly: True, I guess. It's not an intense moisture lotion, but my skin definitely feels smoother and more comfortable when used.
2) Helps lock in moisture: True. I can't say that this is a guaranteed truth, but I do feel as though my skin remains well moisturized when I wake up in the morning and throughout the day after twice-daily applications.

Packaging:
I believe this product comes in two sizes - 325ml and 725ml (at least, I believe the smallest is 325ml, this is based on what I was able to find online). Both sizes come in a cheap-looking white plastic bottle with a blue lid/top. Both list the ingredients on the back, directions for use and the name of the product. You will not be able to easily see how much lotion is left in the bottles, but when held up to the light you can sometimes see the empty space. However, it's quite easy to tell when you are almost out by the change in weight. The key difference in both bottles is the dispensing method - the small bottle has a flip cap lid, which I did find to be somewhat irritating to use, and the large bottle has a press-down pump. Of the two, I prefer the larger bottle. Nothing special about either sizes.

Smell:
My version is unfragranced. While there is no added fragrance, there is a scent. It's not strong, but it definitely lingers on the skin and is quite noticeable when applying (thankfully not so much after applying, unless you press your face up against your skin). Honestly, I can't describe the scent, but it's not really something I'm too fond of. It's not enough of a nuisance to stop using, though.

Consistency:
Very much a lotion. Not overly thick or runny, a nice median consistency. Smooths into the skin without any hassle and blends in wonderfully. Has a white colouring, which I'm assuming means no added dyes have been used. This is not, however, stated on the label, so I cannot be sure. Soaks in quickly, and doesn't seem to leave much of a residue on the skin. I would say that it feels a bit sticky at first.

Ease of Use:
The large bottle is very easy to use because of the pump. Can easily control how much is dispensed as the pump does not stick, and application of the lotion itself is very easy due to the consistency. Overall, very easy.

Bang for your Buck:
I cannot find the price of this lotion online for some reason, but I'd assume it's around $10.00CAD for the 725ml bottle. One of these bottles with regular use lasts me a long time. so even if it is slightly more expensive, it's definitely well priced for the amount of product you are getting.

Final Consensus:
While not achieving HG status, it is my basic fall-back moisturizer. It's one that I know will offer good enough results for a great price and will not have any major negative side effects. It leaves my skin well hydrated, and I find that it works best when my skin is extremely dry. Doesn't leave a greasy film, doesn't leave a strong scent, and absorbs quickly. This makes for a great day and night lotion, especially if you are one to skip lotions due to not having time to let them absorb. One thing that I do notice with this lotion, though, is that it can sometimes cause some irritation. I find it's mostly on my legs, but I'm pretty sure that is mostly related to the time I use it (after epilating) and not solely on the lotion itself. Nonetheless, it's a good basic lotion. Will experiment with adding a few drops of jojoba and/or sweet almond oil when skin is feeling very dry. Rated 4 out of 5 for its overall basic qualities, having a scent that I'm not overly fond of, being well priced, and sometimes causing minor irritation. Will repurchase, although I'm always experimenting with others! I'm also going to be checking out their other products in this line.

Overall Rating: 4/5
Price: 1/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by gespenstmkii

Love this product! My skin gets really dry during winter after I shower and I've tried other lotions but my skin usually gets back to the dry state it was in by the time its afternoon the next day..this is the best lotion I have ever used and I don't plan on using a different one. Totally recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by vagabondage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Having seen good reviews for this product, I rushed out to buy it at the first sign of winter scaliness. I was unfortunately left unimpressed.

Upon application, this dries down and seems to create an odd, slightly sticky film on top of my skin. I honestly want to jump into the shower every time I use this lotion.

I would get over that filmy feeling if this lotion actually did its job well, but for me it never does. When I just use Cetaphil mixed with Vitamin E capsules, my skin becomes almost disconcertingly soft -- I've been told that my skin feels softer than a baby's when using this combination. When I use Vaseline Intensive Rescue, my skin just feels dirty, and there is no significant softening or lasting moisture imparted that I have noticed.

In the winter my skin gets so dry that it itches like crazy, and this lotion only made that worse. It stung and itched so badly that I had to take a quick shower just to scrub it off my legs.

In case you couldn't tell, I really can't recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by graceface07

this lotion smells amazing!! its sort of reminds me of a sweeter "amazing grace by philosophy" not kidding. i will be this cheapie lotion just for the scent. and it moisturizers well too!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by foreverandever

This lotion works wonders on dry patches and never irritates my skin... I know it's not "all-natural", organic, and virtuous, but it works so, so well and it is really reasonably priced. I also use MuLondon's organic and vegan moisturizer periodically when I'm in a worried mood and want to give my skin a break from potentially harsh chemicals.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a portable lotion that I could carry in my gym bag, and one that was less greasy than Aquaphor. This is kind of sticky. The smell isn't that pleasant, but it fades. This does seem to moisturize for the low price of $3 for 13 oz at Walmart.

edit: the silica in this sucks up the "greasiness" to the extent that my skin feels even tighter and drier than before I applied the lotion! I think I'll be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by stupidxlamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I especially love the fact that it is unscented.. sometimes you just want some moisture without the strong smell. This stuff is pretty intense, and I mostly use it on my feet. I slather my feet real good with the lotion before I go to bed, and put on some cotton socks. When I wake up in the morning my feet are so soft, it's incredible! The price is nice too, I think I got mine from Walmart for around 5 or 6$, and it was a 30% bonus bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

my HG!!!
can't live without this..
really locks in moisture even during the winter in east coast..
i've tried so many different lotions from drug stores to department stores.. and i always go back to this one..
i don't itch with this lotion since i have a sensitive skin..
super uber non irritating..
since vaseline has a good reputation.. try it!!
get the fragrance free .. it also locks in your perfume.. you'll smell your favorite EDP all day.. i swear..
this is one is def the winner of all lotions..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by heiditeafan

Amazing, wonderful moisturizing lotion. This is definitely one of the better Vaseline lotions. I have tried both the unscented and the one that does have fragrance in it. I prefer the one with fragrance because I don't like the way unscented lotions smell like. This lotion is really creamy and extremely hydrating, especially when my skin is dried out in winter. I still feel it on my skin the next day. However, during the summer its a bit too heavy but during winter, this is a must for me.