September 2, 2014 | 1924 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Hydra Zen

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by moogagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hydra Zen is one of my favourite moisturizers. I always end up using every last drop! The reason I don't give it 5 stars is a combination of price & the fact that my face does not lose all of it's flakiness, even after a few week's use. Other than that, my skin always felt fresh with Hydra Zen, moisturized, & healthy.

For the price, though, I've found my personal magic combo of 2 other products that give me even better results for a fraction of the cost...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by katias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a review on behalf of my mother who is currently going through Chemotherapy (58 and has a marvellous complexion and wanted to keep her skin in good condition throughout her treatment)

The SA advised my mum to get this as it contains no retinol (which you have to avoid during chemo) and is suitable for sensitive and stressed skin.

Well she absolutely loves this stuff and has been slathering it on twice daily ! Loves the calming smell of roses-which is saying something as one of the horrible side effects she has to deal with is nausea. The product sinks in nicely and moisturises well without any irritation.

Has she found any amazing anti-aging benefits -no. Is it expensive -yes, but as she says her skin is still looking and feeling nice, and anything that makes you feel just that little bit better well thats just great !

So for just simple moisturisng this comes highly recommended to anyone going through chemo.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 7:22:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used the hydra zen cream-gel version (pink jar) of the moisturiser and I really love it.

I was given a sample of the day cream but this was too greasy for my skin. My skin floats between sensitive and dry and greasy and oily depending on what products I use (and the time of year). The cream-gel felt completely different and soaks in really nicely and I'm not left all shiny and sticky afterwards.

I have been using it for about 2 months now (and only about halfway through the 50ml). The first week it did make my skin a little red after using it (I'm not used to using very fragranced costmetics) but my skin got used to it and now I have no redness at all.

Like other people I prefer a pump application rather than a jar but that's my only complaint. At least a jar doesn't have any waste and a little goes a long way with this moisturiser so even 50ml lasts for ages. I will be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by baulingbaby

LET ME TELL YOU.

I have been struggling with redness and irritation from eczema.
This moisturizer calms my skin. I've seen so much improvement in
one day. I highly recommend those who have been struggling with skin
irritations. I've used almost every moisturizer out there to cure my redness and irritation. Even the medications I were given to help soothe my eczema still came back. THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT..well worth the buck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

I used tolove Hydra Zen mainly in the lighter version a few years ago before going to natural skincare.
This was by far the best product I put on my face.
My skin reacted to almost everything.
That's a shame because it was a very beautiful young skin.
I was emotional and stressed, especially during my exams at university and this became evident on my face.
Without realising (I couldn't look into a mirror during exams!) a lot of red little spots came out all around my mouth a lower part of the face.
Awful! That was a somatic reaction and disappeared the day after.
Still my skin was suffering. Since I used Hydra Zen I could protect my face better from external aggressions and internal stress.
I was young and put this fluid cream on my face day and night.
Together with Dior Icone Peaux Reactives (more expensive and less effective) Hydra Zen saved my face for a couple of years.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Triquetra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this moisturiser in conjuction with the Hydra Zen night cream, and they've definitely improved my skin tone & hydration.

My skin is normal to dry, and slightly sensitive. Although, as mentioned in my review for the night cream, I wouldn't recommend this for very sensitive skin types as it is noticably fragranced - a very pleasant fragrance, but it is there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mugglemichelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only used this for 2 days. I am using a sample and am thrilled. A couple of days ago my skin had got to the point where it was incredibly painful from the winter weather. I normally have oily/combination skin with acne breakouts around my chin, but the winter weather has done a real number on my skin.
I totally agree with the neurocalm it calmed my soreness almost immediately and i woke up this morning with the greatest feeling skin I have ever had - not oily or sore or dry - it was calm and my mom commented that it looked great too. I would normally never spend the $72 canadian on a cream but after the relief in the last 2 days I will go buy the fullsize of this cream. I will update when I have used it for a while longer.
Update: While i totally love what this did to my skin I find it too heavily scented. It's really too bad it doesn't come fragrance free. Otherwise it is awesome.( I am sensitive to scents and perfumes)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by yuco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was young age, I used this product for couple of years. My skin looks calm and smooth after using it. It has a very nice scent and might be strong for someone. I think this might be good for someone who is 30 yr or younger. As I get older, my skin seems a little drier side and I stopped using is because I think I need something to prevent aging and lines which this product does not have that properties.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mangogrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive dry skin and I actually think this moisturizer calms and moisturizes my skin very well.There is a light scent which I don't mind. I like this in the fall-winter months because in the humid months it is too thick. I also use it as a night moisturizer at times. The price is $50 so I am not thrilled about that but after all it is Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I received a delux size sample of this product.What impressed most was the calming sensation.My skins felt so smooth and relaxed and the redness and the irritation that I usually have disappeared.The texture is superb super silky and soft and has the same effect on the skin also.My skin was super soft,silky and smooth.But I didn't go buck for the full size and the reasons were:1)the price,2)It's just a moisturizer and just moisturizes and I m almost 30 and want something more for my skin,3)the texture was a bit rich for my oily skin,4)and last the jar packaging I prefer moisturizers with a pump