December 18, 2014 | 1021 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Terrible mascara! I'm glad it works for many of you here. I wasn't born with long lashes, but the length of my lashes are acceptable. But this mascara doesn't do much! I curl my lashes with shu and apply this. It straingtens up the curls instead of holding them! And i was left with spikey straight clumped tinted lashes =( Definitely not what I was going for! The brush is unusual, half with the brush and the other half is "a comb" i guess but it didn't do anything. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by chizko

I am very disaapointed to Physicians Formula Rebate and Mascara quality. I thought its is good time to try PF for my first time. After I send Rebate form in Feb, They never sand me rebate back and They said its Invalid, Even I sent all correct forms and little pink label. THEY CHEATED ON CUSTOMER. I am very angry about them. This Mascara brush is not easy to use and it irritated my eyes. I'll never buy Phisician's Formula.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Topaz_T

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara because of the great reviews here. I could never make it work for me. It always clumped so badly. And if that wasn't enough the plastic seal at the opening of the container started coming off with the wand as I was pulling it out. Anyway, I should have returned it but decided to give it a chance and then it was too late. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsparkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of the best mascara's to hit the market.I picked this up and tossed it in the cart.Talc-Free Mineral wear in Ultra Black.Caught my attention.It comes in a unique container.What I like about it is the brush.It comes with it's very own unique brush.This Mascara goes on pitch black.The precise brush allows you to sculpt and comb the lashes abit.My lashes came out looking thick, black and beautiful.This mascara lasts all day and feels natural.Sometimes with other mascaras my eyes get sensative but this leaves my eyes feeling just fine I dont go to pick at a lash or have an urge to rub.This is a wonderful mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by kocomo

i am in love w/ this mascara because of the brush!!...i am able to get the thickest lashes w/out any clumps...i usually use only the comb side, i comb my lashes w/ it in a back and forth fashion and it really deposits the mascara in an extremely thick but even way...i'll let it dry between each application, so it thickens w/ every application...this has to be the nicest mascara wand i've ever seen...no spidery bristles...i am so impressed w/ the brush, i can't even fairly judge the formula..but from what i can tell, it's very good..it can't just be the brush that's doing all the work right? i only get a tiny bit of smudgies when i'm sweating buckets while practicing kung fu...and i stress "tiny bit"...washes off easily...i just wish the formula was more natural, i am used to ecco bella mascara and that's very natural...if only i can combine the 2...oh and the outer container is too bulky! can't even fit it in the designated mascara slot in my makeup brush bag..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

This mascara didn't work for me...it clumped no matter how I put it on or how many coats. I returned it for my money back since it was $12 CAN.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by LoveMyMarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this off a whim when i passed by it, i had no idea it had such good reviews in P-Ville. When i got out 2 my car and opened it i was very disappointed by the brush (it looked so cheap!) However, when i got home and tried it the next day i was amazed at how great that cheap looking brush separated and lengthened my lashes! it really is an awesome mascara, it never clumps or irritates my eyes. My only gripe is that its really hard to get off, even with my Mary Kay eye-makeup remover, If it wasn't for that it would be my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2007 10:48:00 AM More reviews by gina2328

I bought this based on the good reviews. The first time I used it, the mascara seemed ok, my lashes looked long. The second and third time I noticed a lot of clumping. It does not seem like a good mascara. I will be getting a rebate on this fortunately. Do not plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nothing special? I know we all have different expectations in mascara, and different lashes have different needs, so that comment is bound to be made no matter what. But here's why I think it is extraordinary and absolutely "special:"
1) It goes on easily without clumping. You don't have to fuss and fuss with a metal comb or wipe the brush off to keep it from clumping. Result: I'm out the door at least 5 minutes sooner than with just about any other drugstore mascara. This is true even after multiple uses (compared to, for example, Voluminous which is great once and clumpville thereafter).
2) One coat gives long natural lashes. Two coats gives long, natural, thick lashes. Totally beautiful!
3) It stays on without flaking or smearing. No panda eyes, even 10 hours later.
4) It comes off with soap and water (another 3-4 minutes out of the day saved).
5) No animal testing (can't say the same for L'Oreal, Maybelline, Max Factor, Cover Girl, or Rimmel).
Downsides include the brush, with a worthless "comb" side (it's just the same bristles as the brush side, except a single layer of them). Also the fact that this is new, which means it will be on the market for a year or so and then discontinued. And finally, "talc-free" and "mineral mascara" seem a little absurd to me. Of course it is talc-free; it's mascara!UPDATE! Two months of using the same tube, and I love it as much or more. If you're getting clumps, make sure you're not using the comb side, or worse, the flat part. I've done that, and it ends up gross. But the brush half has been extraordinary. I've stocked up on these and vacuum-sealed them for the inevitable discontinuation of this fine mascara! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 2:16:00 AM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was lemming this product for so long. Had extra time before work today I was wandering the aisle at the SDM nearby...spotted this and was estatic!! I grabbed ultra-black for $12.99 CND + GST. It is really dark, lashes were every so slightly crispy but nothing compared to some of the other lash thickening formulas I've tried. It gave me long, thick, dark lashes that were ever so slightly clump - it did stay on all day (no mascara on previous to trying this out), showered 2 pts and didn't notice any smudging or deterioration of this product. Here's the downer, I just pulled out the product to check out the neato brush, the black "lip" thingy used to seal the mascara popped out, plus the brush itself has smushed bristles in the middle of it, and I by no means jammed that brush in nor jarred it out. I'm very torn right now about the rating of the product and will update when I decide.
Update: I continually had problems with all the mascara coming out when I pulled the wand out - thought it had to be a defective tube. I bought another tube, on sale, and the same thing happened after a couple of uses. The product itself was alright, but the packaging sucked!