July 24, 2014 | 1360 users online

Moisturizers - Clarins - Multi Active Night Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by SexyXenia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it. I received a sample from sephora and after using the sample for a few days, i bought the product. I leaves my skin moisturized and fresh looking. I agree with other reviews that it leaves the face shiny when applied, but it does not really matter to me when I go to bed as long as the face looks good when I wake up. And it sure does!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by cratsky

I was impressed with the product. The glass tub keeps the cream cool for application, and it spreads quite liberally so avoid being heavy handed with it. It's silky to the touch, and is readily absorbed. Fragrance is low I found appealing.

Overall, I was happy with the product and am definately sticking with it in the long run. With other night creams, I've experienced excess oilyness in the morning but not so with this one. My skin is soft, moisturised and feels very smooth and hydrated the next morning. Just remember to pair it with a hydrating serum before applying the moisturiser and you're good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by gontel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried countless of night creams with promises of anti-aging, radiance, non oily and non heavy..etc..etc..but always have been disappointed by the claims. Some products might work for others but my skin is prone to cystic acne, it is dehydrated and combination at the same time..too much moisture will cause me to break out, however if it's too matt, then skin looks parched. I have tried La Mer, Estee Lauder's ANR, Origins Plantidote, Lancome Primordiale, Biotherm, Olay Regenerist, Olay Total Effects, i lost count already. I live in a country which is humid and close to the equator as well, i need something that agrees with the weather + my skin +nourishing enough as i am now 33 years old. THIS IS IT! I received the Multi Active Night Youth Recovery Comfort cream in the tube (as i bought the full sized Multi Active Day cream without SPF). In the morning, i look well rested (i don't sleep well, i work 10 hours a day, i'm a mother, i cook, i clean, i don't have a maid) and there's a certain glow to my face!I love the smell, i love the texture, i love that it does not break me out!I had some pimples left from my previous night cream and after a week of usage, it has calmed my skin..i know it's pricey, but rather than buy cheaper products that don't work (when u think of it, let's say you buy 10 different products which are cheaper but don't work, wouldn't it be better if you spend it on 1 product that does the job? The total amount you paid might still be the same)...LOVE IT!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream moisturizes well and I'd say is a very good night cream for 30-something skin. I have no lines and this cream helps preventing them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

Have been using this Nt Cream (in blue tub) since the beginning of Feb 2011 and wanted to give myself a chance to really see how it works before writing a review. Needed a new Nt cream since my Lancome ran out - read really good things about Clarins, so wanted to try it out. I went to a major department store in the USA and asked for some samples but they said they didn't give them out - i was about to walk away when they asked me to sit down to talk about my skin. Pretty quick they had me sitting down, provided me with a bottle of water, and started a 'make over' on me...Anyway, i wound up buying a lip liner and lipstick (b/c i really did love them!) and this night cream and the advanced Extra-firming Eye Contour serum ($60 USD)...the things i was really interested in to begin with.

Anyway, while doing my make up a 'skin care specialist' asked me about my skin and said the ones in their line that matched my early 30s normal/dry skin was this nt cream and eye serum, which i purchased. They then offered me samples of some other products...which actually angered me a little bit since that was the 1st question i asked.

My point of this is, i felt like they were nice but a little pushy and definitely were not honest about the samples.

To get to my real review - i am liking the night cream - it was $58 USD, a little high in price BUT I'm worth it :) It is white, a thin to medium consistency and doesn't have much of a fragrance, although Clarins stuff does all have the same light fresh scent. You barely need to put any on - use a very small amt of product so it will last for awhile, but i really really hate tubs - it just feels unhygenic even if i know my hands are clean. It sinks in pretty quick and I have not had any break outs or adverse reactions. I'm using in conjuction with the eye serum described above and I do feel quite moisturized at nights - and very fresh, clean and hydrated in the mornings as well. not sure if this will be too thick for the summer....

Specifically, i feel that the serum and moisturizer have helped with some fine lines around my eyes and between my eyes above my nose and those lines on either side of your mouth. I did not have a big problem, just some fine lines, but i do think those lines are lessened.

Overall, like the products i purchased (yes, i like all of them), and i will likely purchase other Clarins stuff, but i am a bit turned off by the sneak attack make-over and their stingyness with the samples to begin with. They sell Clarins at Sephora and other stores so i could always go there.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Shpark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been using clarins hydraquench for normal to dry skin but decided to try this out for it's restorative, anti-aging properties. Although it moisturized my skin really well for the first 2 hours, after which point I was left with a disgusting film of grease and tiny red spots all over my face. Back to hydraquench for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by suplan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this night cream as much as the day one. It's very moisturizing for what i need, a little oily right after you apply it but it gets absorbed pretty quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkmagdusia

This is a lovely night cream. It is moisturizing, but not greasy. It melts into my skin and leaves it plump and comforted. I have combo/oily skin and this cream is just right for me. It would be too heavy for daytime, but at night it's perfect. It has not clogged my pores and I haven't had any breakouts. My cheeks get dry from Retin-A, but this cream helps comfort the dryness. I couldn't be happier. The smell is wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by tacko76

I have been using this night cream for years and I simply adore it! I highly recommend it to everyone...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jzt

This is for "Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Cream" either for normal/combination skin or for normal/dry skin (can't remember which one I got).

So far, this day/night cream combo is the most impressive moisturizer to me! Keep my 30s face calm, moisterized and naturally glowing. The only concern, literally, is the price... Will have to repurchase if fail to find any less expensive substitute...