Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 3/31/2015 11:57:00 AM

This is my go-to dry shampoo. It is very absorbent and refreshing, without an overly gritty feel. It is not drying to my hair, like some dry shampoos tend to be. I like that it does give a bit of texture to the roots. A lot of other dry shampoos I use I end up having to wash my hair the same day, because I don't like the feel in my hair, but Batiste feels great.

Most recently, I've used the 'Fresh' scent, which is aptly named. I prefer most of the versions to the original scent, but 'Fresh' and 'Tropical' are my favourites so far.

I find that Batiste is a good value, because unlike other dry shampoos I have tried, the can lasts a relatively long time (compared to say, Dove, Klorane, etc.).

Sometimes I even put it in at night if I know I won't be showering in the AM, and it works its magic overnight.

I would warn not to be overzealous in application, as it can appear white/chalky if applied too heavily.

I think the best place to pick this up is at HomeSense/Winners, etc. I also like to pick up the pack of 3 minis there for travel.

on 3/28/2015 7:28:00 PM

Love it! I use this at least 2/3 times a week. It gives hair volume & refreshes it between washes so it doesn't look greasy! I use the brown one with a hint of colour which is great because it doesn't make your hair white like the other dry shampoos! I always stock up on them when they're on sale because I think they're kinda pricey and I always like to have some at the ready!

on 3/24/2015 9:27:00 PM

LOVE this stuff❤️

on 3/23/2015 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I liked this well enough. The original isn't my favorite scent (it smells like cheap bathroom freshener to me). But it is the only dry shamp that doesn't leave white residue (for a dark brunette it can be super obvious when you use dry shampoo). It also isn't stick or stiff which I find a lot of them. So I'll continue to repurchase. I also have good luck with suave.

on 3/20/2015 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Normally I would find adding another 5 star review to a product with a million 5 star reviews not very helpful, but I have to for this dry shampoo. I have tried basically every dry shampoo on the market and have been less than impressed with all of them. Especially tresemme (the worst). After hearing so many raves for batiste I decided to try it out. My expectations were pretty high for this one and it definitely exceeded them! I have really thick, coarse hair that I recently colored light blonde and purple. Normally Id wash my hair twice a week, but with the color I want to make it last as long as possible so I have cut it down to once a week. Batiste has made that really easy for me. I first used this on my day 5 hair (starting to get pretty greasy) and after brushing it through my hair and massaging it in my hair looked freshly washed. I was blown away. The best part, is that it continued to look even better through out the day. This stuff works wonders. I don't know how I lived without it for so long or what kind of sorcery goes into this stuff but I will definitely continue to buy!

on 3/18/2015 5:35:00 AM

Absolute must have! I like to only wash my hair as sparingly as possible as I have bleached blonde, thin hair and heat style. This doesn't really give me more time between washes, but it does make sure my hair looks fresh until the next one. My hair isn't overly oily, I can go 2, max 3 days before I need to use this, but when I do, my hair looks freshly washed. It gives me more volume and makes it smell amazing. My favourite scent is the tropical coconut one. I have noticed how much I actually touch my hair since using this because the only thing I don't like is the powder feeling that comes off on my hands after touching my hair, and that's only because I have a weird thing about powder/flour type things touching my hands because I am strange! I also like the fact it leaves a slightly white colour on my hair, which could be a negative for some, because when my roots come through they are extremely dark and this lightens them up a bit!

on 3/18/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this dry shampoo! Comparing it to the Tresemme dry shampoo, it works wonders! The Tresemme did not absorb my oil AT ALL. Also this dry shampoo has such a good scent range. It adds volume and obsorbs oil!

on 3/3/2015 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I saw this as a holy grail years ago when I first finished this. It says a lot because I wasn't into hair stuff at all and actually finishing a product was a big deal.

I started using this when dry shampoo was starting to become a new thing. It's a light mist that doesn't have any colour except slight white. It also has a slight cooling effect when first sprayed from the can. It evenly distributes and sprays just he right amount of product. I eventually shampoo less as I can get away with 4 day old hair. But I still shampoo on the same day using is because I don't like the idea of product cakig and building up in the scalp.

The scent is also nice and not too overpowering (original and wild) but the only problem I have was that people who live in the same house with sensitive noses or allergies may not like it. I get constant complains when using this saying the perfume travels around the house and causing irritation to the nose. As I constantly work with products I don't have a sensitive nose so I don't really think it will bother anyone that doesn't mind products so much. But apart from that this is a perfect product. As I have this issue I now use non spray can dry shampoo.

Also this often is on sale which is great and very affordable for such a good product. It makes the hair matte and clean looking without the heavy residue I get from lush dry shampoo in shake bottle. Gives nice volume but not too much texture like the texture powder does. After spraying it's won't bother you and you can't even feel it in your hair which is a plus.

I have nothing bad to say about this product personally except it may slightly run out faster than any other product I used because I use it so often! Maybe not that travel friendly because of the can but the product itself is just perfection. It comes in many scent as well so there's no way you can't find one you like.

This brand also has many sizes avaliable than it did when it first came out.

Im proud to say Ive tried most of the scents! So these are amazing *gagaga* I have the oiliest hair in the world, it gets oily in 10hours (greasy as if I applied oil in roots) and I use silicone free shampoo and only put conditioner below the ears. I LOVE THESE. No white cast (just rub it in), and it makes your hair clean as it absorbs all the oil amazing. I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THESE! Duuh only issue is I go through one every month (I use these 4x a week) and that is kind of pricey I feel. Also, sometimes the packaging sucks cause it sprays a heap of powder out :( BUT OH WELL WHAT CAN YOU DO. ITS STILL THE BEST THING EVER.

So heres all the scent ratings below for best to worst (imo):

Cherry - Very strong scented; I can smell it on my self. Smells fruity and just delish, love it so much and please everyone try this one. Does not smell medicinal atall!
Diva - Very strong scented; if a perfume of this scent existed I would buy it! amazing!
Floral - medium scented; smells flowery in a nice way. Very basic and soothing and hard to hate (:
Oriental - Medium scented, also perfumy like the diva however I like the diva waaay better. never the less its a good one to have.
Pixie Lott - lightly scented; smells clean and airy? with a tad hind of the floral batiste scent.
Fresh - Lightly scented; even more basic version of Pixie Lott, meh. Just fresh smelling.
Tropical - medium scented, personally dont like it. Smells like coconut which I dont like on my hair as its a bit too weird and sebum-like imo (otherwise the scent is nice of course, just not on hair.)
Blush - Strongly scented, this one is weird; like if the color light baby pink had a scent, it would be this. its too sweet and kinda "old lady"-ish. would not repurchase and its too girly and gross.
Bloom - Medium Scented; smells really calming and soothing- better than floral imo but both are similar
Volume XXL - medium scented, this just felt gross and crunchy. This is more of a hairspray than a dry shampoo because you cannot work it into the hair! hair goes stiff if you spray it. I think all the hair teasing gals would love this though. not for me.

P.S I will be adding more scents if I get a chance to try more but not for a few months atleast as I stocked up on a sale at boots. However batiste describes all their scents SPOT ON on their packaging so go with what you feel suits you (:

on 2/17/2015 6:12:00 AM

I can't come up with anything negative about this product, other than that the non-tinted ones can leave quite a white coat or white stains on your hair if you don't use it carefully and kind of mush it in to your hair with your fingertips. The XXL- volume one creates the best volume and the tinted ones all hide outgrowth well. I do not like the floral scented one as the fragrance is not for me. Cute packaging, inexpensive and does a great job. Always repurchasing!

Top Rated Batiste Products