Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 4/27/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this product so much. For all the hype, and suggestions from friends- I really wanted to experience the magic. But it just didn't do anything. And I want to clarify that maybe it's just me and my hair type. But I struggled even to find a scent I liked from the whole line. A lot of them gave me a bathroom-vibe. I also dislike the general lack of control with aerosols, it ends up all over my forehead when I'm just trying to get my bangs in order. I gave it two lippies because at least it didn't make my hair worse.

on 4/24/2015 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i like pantene dry shampoo better

on 4/24/2015 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing.
I spray it into my roots whilst holding my head upside down and lifting up layers so as to spray it in section by section, then I rub it in with my fingertips for a couple of minutes. There is some residue and I have to wash my hands afterwards but that's just the nature of the product. Afterwards, my hair looks fuller, healthy, and has a subtle shine. It also feels cleaner, which sets this product above other dry shampoos I've used. I think it makes my hair slightly lighter but as my hair is a mid blonde that bleaches easily in the sun, the roots of my hair are often darker and I find the appearance is improved.
I have flat, very straight hair and usually brush it before spraying and then leave it slightly ruffled from the dry shampoo process before spraying with hairspray. This adds volume without making it look too messy.
I use the original scented one, and the smell is pretty inoffensive and fresh. The spray is quite strong compared to other dry shampoos I've used, which makes it easy to apply, and kind of feels quite refreshing.
The only downside is that I have fairly long hair - three inches or so past the my bra strap - and by the third day of usage, I find my the bottom of my hair gets quite static. This could just be due to it needing conditioning by this point though.

on 4/23/2015 1:18:00 PM

This is by far the best dry shampoo!! I love this stuff, doesn't get your hair all white like some other brands! Definitely my favorite!

on 4/22/2015 12:32:00 AM

I've tried a lot of dry shampoos and always come back to this one. It doesn't make my hair feel freshly washed, but it does a great job of absorbing excessive oil without giving my hair the appearance of being doused in baby powder. If my hair needs a refresher and I don't have time to wash my it, this is what I reach for. I currently have blonde highlights, so I don't use the tinted kind but have in the past when I was more brunette.

on 4/20/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this as many youtubers I watch rave and swear by this dry shampoo, but it didn't live up to my expectations. For its price, it does what it claims. I got the cherry one, and I'm glad the scent isn't overpowering, it's nice and sweet, not too heavy and doesn't linger. However, even though it absorbs the oils in my hair, it can leave a whiteish cast, and it does last for long but the oils in my hair do resurface after a few hours. And I always need to wash my hands after I run through it in my hair, it feels so gross and powdery. But for its price I would definitely repurchase, till I find the next best dry shampoo!

on 4/19/2015 12:38:00 PM

I think this is the best dry shampoo as far as absorbing oils and refreshing BUT I dye my hair darker and this stuff definitely leaves a white/grayish hue. As much as I brush it it still looks a little dirty...

on 4/17/2015 7:02:00 AM

Amazing product. Freshly washed, volumised hair in a can.
However (and its a big however) it causes breakouts on my face. As hard as I try to keep it off my skin, it still manages to get on my face and block my pores (especially around the hairline/jaw). The only way I've found to prevent this problem is to wash my face after I've sprayed the product in my hair. Also, I have to wash my hair before bed otherwise it's on my pillowcase and hence on my face.

on 4/15/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Believe the hype because YES, this stuff really is amazing! I sprayed the nozzle a few inches from my scalp after not washing my hair for about a week and after rubbing it in with my fingers, it looked as if I had just freshly washed my hair. Not sticky, not crunchy, it is amazing! I had the original basic one and the smell is simple and does not linger in your hair.
Try this out! If you're looking for a great dry shampoo I promise this one is the best on the market. I just ordered another bottle off Amazon. Price is great, I got mine discounted at TJ Maxx, so look there before buying full price!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

some back story on my hair: I have super curly, thick, coarse hair that I wash about once a week because it would be a dry frizzy mess if i did any more than that (it's not as gross as it sounds, do some research on the effects of regular shampooing on your hair.). I rinse and condition it a few times throughout the week though. Usually my hair start to get a little greasy around the third or fourth day which is when i start to use dry shampoo in between rinses.

So I bought this and used some of it immediately after my hair was dry after washing it just add some volume to my roots because my roots are super flat for the first few days after washing. On the fourth day I still haven't noticed any oiliness whatsoever, my hair still feels as clean as it did on the first day. This stuff has unreal lasting power!
Anyways, it smells really nice; I have the tropical one and its a light coconut smell that doesn't linger too long (for me at least), and after blending it out theres no white cast in my hair, which is pretty dark brown.

I might have to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any build up it causes over the week, but I think that for any people with curly hair following the curlygirl method this is a great product to have!

Video Reviews & Tutorials