Atopalm MLE Cream

4.1

2013 Ingredients Water/Aqua, Glycerin, Propanediol, Myristoyl/palmitoyl Oxostearamide/arachamide MEA, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Distearate, Vitis Vinifera (grape) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phytosterols, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Arginine, Stearic Acid, Allantoin, Fragrance, Tropolone Ingredients MLE Face Cream: Aqua, Butylene glycol, Glycerin, Myristoyl oxostearamide/arachamide MEA, PEG-15 glyceryl stearate, Vitis vinifera (Grape) seed oil, Cetyl alcohol, Glyceryl stearate, Macadamia ternifoliaseed oil, PEG-10 glyceryl stearate, Portulaca oleracea extract, Squalane, Anthemis nobilis flower extract, Biosaccharide gum-1, Calcium lactate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated olive oil, Hydrogenated olive oil decyl esters, Mannan, Sodium lactate, Sunflower decyl esters, Tocopheryl acetate, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) root extract, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Xanthan gum, Propylparaben, Stearic acid, BHT, Essential oil. Ingredients MLE Cream: Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Myrisyl/Palmityl Oxostearamide/Arachamide MEA, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane, Biosaccharide Gum-1, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Sodium Lactate, Dimethicone, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sunflower Oil Decyl Esters, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantion, Stearic Acid, BHT, Essential Oil.

on 2/22/2008 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I would give this a 3.5 Lippies. Even though the moisturizing properties of Atopalm are wonderful for dehydrated skin, it really didn't do too much for my redness. Which is what it's supposed to do. It's great as a night cream when you need extra moisturizing but looks crappy under makeup. I will say that I put this stuff on when I went hiking in the 30 degree weather and it did a great job in creating a moisture barrier against the elements. But I don't wear makeup when hiking, so I needed something to protect my sensitive face. I do think that when I use this continuously, I break out in cysts. I can't say for sure that it's the Atolpalm or my hormones, but It's just a pattern I recognize. I do know some Rosaceans that swear by this stuff and others who say that it actually burns. I think with any product out there, your PH in your kin is going to determine if a product works for you. I'll use this only on days I'm very dehydrated, but for daily use, I can't use it. I prefer Clarins Hydra line for the day. It sinks into the skin well and doesn't bother my sensitivities. I will use up what I have left of this but won't re-purchase.

on 2/15/2008 10:38:00 PM

ATOPALM Face Lotion in a tube:

I really like this moisturizer. I used it primarily at night, and within a week, my skin felt better and was visibly less red. It provided a relief for my dry skin, and it definitely provided barrier repair. Made my skin subtle and soft, hydrated and nourished!

After a few weeks of nightly use though, it did start feeling a little bit heavy, and I would get an occasional pimple here and there. So I started using it every other night, and using Paulaís Choice Hydrating Treatment on the other nights. Awesome!!!

I now use it only on the nights I use retinol (every third), during winter months, or anytime my facial skin needs an extra boost. Definitely do not want to run out of this one! Wonderful product. A little goes a long way, so the small tube lasts me a very long time. A definite keeper!!!

on 2/11/2008 3:52:00 PM

I am hopping on the bandwagon for this one! I received a full-size sample from The Skin Store, and promptly placed it on my shelf of products-that-I rarely-if-ever-use.
I have tried many many more-expensive moisturizers, and nothing has really impressed me that much.
So, one day, while cleaning out my products, I came across this again. I looked up on the internet for reviews. The reviews for this product are outstanding!
I tried it immediately, and I have to say, it is a keeper! I have gone through a whole jar, and have started on my second one.
Like everyone says, it absorbs into the skin very quickly, leaving my face looking soft and supple, and feeling wonderfully moisturized...ALL DAY.
I like that it's ingredients are so natural, so I use it on top of whatever treatment I am currently using...and there is no conflict of interest. It smells very natural, from the essential oils, no doubt, and my skin just drinks it up. This is from the Intensive Cream, from the jar...
The other day, I gave myself a TCA Peel, and thought nothing of putting this on my skin immediately following the peel.
It's made for sensitive skin, which I do not have, but it is a lovely lovely moisturizer. BTW, I am 49, and my skin glows from this product!

on 1/30/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm reviewing the Atopalm MLE Face Cream in the tube. I used to have oily skin, but within the past year I turned 30 and started using Differin Gel and Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion. My skin started to dry out, and my previous favorite moisturizer, Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Moisture Gel, just wasn't providing enough moisture anymore. I tried quite a few different moisturizers (including the other three PC ones), but they didn't hydrate enough, were too heavy and/or greasy, or irritated my sensitive skin. I kept hearing great things about Atopalm MLE Face Cream, but I was hesitant to try it because it isn't fragrance free. However, I finally took the plunge and ordered it from skinstore.com. Now I wish I hadn't waited so long to try it. It makes a huge difference in the moisture level of my skin so that it is no longer flaky. Yet it is lightweight and doesn't cause me to break out. I use it in the morning before my Shiseido sunscreen and in the evening after my Differin. I do wish that it were fragrance free. I don't particularly like the fragrance, but fortunately, it dissipates quickly and doesn't seem to irritate my skin. Overall, I expect to repurchase this for years to come.
Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Myristoyl /Palmitoyl Oxostearamide/Arachamide MEA, PEG-15 Glyceryl Stearate, Grape Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, PEG-10 Glyceryl Stearate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Squalane, Allantoin, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, BHT, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Bisabolol, Calcium Lactate, Dimethicone, Licorice Root Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Mannan, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Propylparaben, Sodium Lactate, Stearic Acid, Sunflower Decyl Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance.
Note: These are the ingredients as listed on the packaging, which differs slightly from those listed on skinstore.com's web site. continued >>

on 1/21/2008 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Are you kidding me???? This cream is greasy, 'reduces redness' as much as vaseline or any other cheap moisturizer and on top of that it contains irritable herbal fragrances. Save your money if you think that will calm your skin or let you use harsh products your skin doesn't like otherwise. I returned it promptly.

on 12/21/2007 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love love love this cream. It is a true life saver. My skin was red from Fraxel treatments for a very long time till I start applying this to my face -- I have been using this on my psioraisis patch on my foot for quite a while and decided to give it a try. My skin started to recover from it overnight. I usually get comforted by the use of rich anti-aging creams but most of them don't do a good job of moisturizing or repairing so right now I just use anti-aging serums and layer this on. This has become the most perfect regime I am ever on period.

on 12/17/2007 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

doesn't really reduce redness (I have KPRF) though it is a nice moisture barrier

and quite pricey for the size

you could equate this to a really good drugstore cold cream

unhygenic tub, too.

on 12/10/2007 7:17:00 PM

I have both the tube and the tub and they work great!! I use this on everything from elbow, knees, to my face in the winter. I will always keep this stuff on hand.. I just wish it came in a larger size.

on 12/10/2007 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I received this as a sample from my favorite online store where I purchase products. For a long time I didn't use it and was considering putting it up for swap or giving it to a friend who has dry as a Sahara skin. I am glad that I didnít. I thought for my oily as the Valdez oil spill face, acne-prone and sensitive skin to boot, I thought my face will break out in a cystic rash of pus bags. Nope,, not even two weeks into using this. For me, a little goes a long way, so I can get away with using a pea amount of this cream. I am so liking it in the winter time because my humidifier is loud as hell, which is why I donít run it at night and I have too many appliances plugged into my surge protector. This cream helps with the oilies and tightness I experience. It is a godsend for this harsh Midwestern winters. I plan to purchase the jar when I run out,

on 12/10/2007 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received a generous sample from a very sweet member...love this cream..it is not oily and it is perfect under m/u...also it leaves a moisture barrier without one bit of stickiness..love it...will def buy this