September 2, 2014 | 1798 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by usernameeeeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff keeps my face from getting shiny and sets my makeup beautifully. My pores (which normally appear very large) practically disappear when I wear this stuff. I dust it on my t-zone before my foundation, and buff it all over afterwards.
    The only think I don't like about this product is that it feels a little gritty sometimes, and it smells kinda weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by flawlesswannabee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a bit surprised by the other reviews as I haven't found my silk dust gritty at all.
    I use it as a final step when I apply my makeup. It applies smoothly and without colour and I find it seems to set it into place and finishes off the look. It works well at controlling the oil that can build up on my forehead and I helps my makeup to last longer. My sister told me it contains medicinal properties and people use it at night so I started using it at night after my nightly moisturiser has sunk in. I'm not 100% certain it is the silk dust but since I've been using it regulary my skin just keeps on improving. I have less acne and smoother skin. I think I will be repurchasing for the rest of my life!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

ewww, this is so grainy it can be used as a mild scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by annablush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really good dust for controlling oil and shine. I apply it before and after my foundation and I am no longer oily towards the afternoon.
    This particular batch was a little grainy (but was still fine) and when applied you can hardly notice. It would be good it everyday minerals could find a new jar for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by mallorymengelt

i will use this forever and ever and ever!
    i love it. i will not leave my house without it. IF i need a touchup during the day (which i usually dont anymore since using EM) this is the perfect stuff to have on hand!
    it's so cheap for what it does, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the pure silk dust which looks white in the jar but goes on invisible. Like other reviewers have said, it is a little grainy (still quite fine) but this is not felt or even noticeable when I brush it on. It is really effective in keeping my t-zone shine-free, so I don't really need to touch-up. I have used it over liquid as well as mineral foundation and it works equally well. I like the natural finish it gives, and it is not in any way chalky. I would prefer it to be really fine like silk, hence the 4 lippies, but despite this I would buy this again as it is a great finish to my foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jeannelucille

Too grainy! I'm using Aromaleigh's version now, it's totally smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by overthetop

When I wear my everyday minerals foundation in semi matt towards the very end of the day I start to get a tiny bit oily on my t-zone. So I have began to use this before I use my foundation and I no longer experience oiliness. I <3 applying it with my flat top kabuki.
    Edit: Have been using this for a few weeks now and it really controls the oil and i barely neeed to touch up

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I really like this product. I use it as a primer and as a finishing powder, and I've got no complaints. My skin is remarkably oily in areas, and while it's no miracle, I find that Silk Dust does help significantly.

I've not noticed a weird smell, and though I was initially surprised at how grainy it really is, the product is effective. I'm a fan.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2008 6:31:00 AM More reviews by mkirmse

I don't wear foundation, only powder. I've been trying to find a natural alternative to Corn Silk but this isn't it. It does control shine, but I hate the gritty texture. Silk dust should feel silky! I wouldn't buy it again.