July 30, 2014 | 2130 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products from MAC. It is a little pricey, but it goes a long way. Goes great over foundation or even just over moisturizer to make your skin glowy and alive. The shimmer is very subtle, almost like a sheen rather than individual shimmers. Be careful with how much you do apply though as it can get too heavy and look strange, especially on paler girls, like myself. Although I will say it looks great on paler skin and makes us look less washed out.

Worth the money, long lasting, and high quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by HaulOfFame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this recently at the CCO outlet by my house for $20. In the past I have only used liquid highlighters but I never fell in love, so ended up skipping this step. I have really fallen for this product. It is very natural on my skin (NW15 leaning neutral) and doesn't look over the top but adds a nice sheen. I feel that using this is fool proof and so quick to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I had been reading up highlighters reviews as I wish to purchase one. The Nars Andy Warhol Satellite of Love (champagney color) hardly show up on my complexion.
Mac Lightscapade had been mentioned on numerous blog and Youtuber collection. Understand that this limited edition will be re-premoted in the upcoming Mac Hayley Williams collection (9 April 2013), I am patiently waiting for the launch in Spore.
While in town, I decided to dropby a Mac counter to check the launch date, and to my delight, this MSF is neatly sitting on its display shelves!!! I immediately ask for the one with the most "obivous" veining/marbling so that it is pretty to look at. (sound silly, i know...)
Despite the price S$50 (USD38), I happily went home and test it out.
OMG, I never know that my face could really 'glow' and I believe that i will never be without this HG highlighter again.
Get your hand on it when you can. You will not regret it.

Asian
NC20-25

Edit: 9/4/13
Fallen so deeply in love with this that I picked up another backup. I chose one with more obvious coral vein, so the two I own looks rather "different".

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Autumn111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think perhaps I'm too light for this product. I'm a little lighter than nc15 and I have issues with getting this highlighter to show up on my skin. The solution would be that I need a highlighter that highlights with more sparkle as opposed to a light colour. It has some glimmer to it, but nothing dramatic enough to show up on me. For its price, it's not worth it in my case. If it was $15-$20 or bellow, maybe, but not $30. Not for me, would most likely be better for nc20's or higher. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This is my HG everyday highlighter. I donít have a lot of highlighter experience, but almost everything I tried was very discoball. (I like glitter, but not in my normal routine.) This was the first MSF I bought and it was very much worth it. I purchased mine from eBay since theyíre discontinued again I guess, and Iím not sure which release it is from. But it has very good veining, lots of pink, gold, and blue. I use it on my cheekbones primarily, and sometimes my brow bones. Iím NW5/15, so the color itself pretty much disappears into my foundation without too much blending, but the shimmer shows up very nicely under good lighting. If youíre looking for an understated highlighter that doesnít take a lot of work, see if you can get one of these. I agree with one of the previous reviews that you could probably use a white shimmer eyeshadow and get a similar effect, but the amount of product you get with an MSF is huge, so I find the expense pretty justifiable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Kurbiskonigin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh. My. God. I love this stuff. I went into MAC while on vacation recently and told the MAC artist I was looking for a bunch of new things. One thing I was looking for was something I could use as a face highlight, but also on my eyes. (I go through eyeshadow highlighters like water. They use up so quickly!) Just a universal highlighting product. She brought me out this.

I fell in love instantly. It's the perfect highlight. Not too gold, not too pink or blue. Very neutral, very light, & very natural. It picks up the sunlight on your cheeks and brow bones like a halo effect. It lasts (on me, anyway) all day. Doesn't settle into lines or highlight imperfections. (It seems to blend them away.) On the eyes you can pack it on for a vibrant, opaque shimmery effect (like using a neutral-white shimmer eyeshadow) on the lid or dust it on lightly on the brow bone for a natural effect.

Definitely worth the money. This will last me forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worth every penny! I love this product. I use it as a brow highlighter, along the temples in moderation, in my inner eye corners, and on my Cupid's bow - especially when wearing a bold lip. Fantastic for us porcelain skinned gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by xKamilax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG highlighter! It is AMAZING! A friend of mine recommended it to me so I bought it straight away, I use this every single day under my eyebrows and under my eyes sometimes on my nose. And it gives an amazing finish! I LOVEEEE LOVE THIS. If you were thinking of buying this. Do it!
PROS
+ AMAZING colour for highlighter
+ A lot of product
+ Will last forever
+ Smells Nice
CONS
- No mirror in the compact :'(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first powder highlighter that I've bought. I've always been skeptical with highlighters because they always look to shimmery or glittery. I quite like it but I don't love it. It looks beautiful on the pan and on the skin. It's a very pale almost white beige that gives a sheen to the skin where applied. You do not need much to get the effect you desire. No crazy discoball face either! I apply this to my cupids bow and cheek bones. Looks lovely in both sunlight and indoor lighting.

I would repurchase, but I don't see myself running out anytime soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say I'm not that impressed. This perfectly serves its function, but I feel like so would a sheer shimmery white eyeshadow. I tried using Jordana Snowy White eyeshadow and it looked extremely similar. Highlighters have their nuances like all makeup products, and in this case the biggest difference is that the Jordana eyeshadow's white base is more pigmented and you have to use a light hand with it. With MAC Lightscapade, if you only want a natural looking glow, a light-medium hand is fine. It looks like it gives a dewy glow as opposed to LOOK AT MY SHIMMERY DEWY CHEEKS. However, I find myself needing several swipes or a heavy hand so it can waste a bit of time. Then again, I'd rather look not dewy enough than way too shiny. I sort of bought it so I could resell it for a higher price, then I ended up liking it enough to keep. :P

All the same though - I'd be totally happy using any of my other highlighters like CoverGirl Snow Plum (what an unsung hero! This is slightly iridescent white-champagney pink) , Boots Shimmering Lotion, Wet n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana, Wet 'n' Wild Acapulco Glow etc. In no way is MAC Lightscapade something I'd always repurchase, mostly because there are outstanding cheaper options.