April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Treatments - Joico - Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for thick or coarse hair

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by CamillaDK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great disappointment! I bought this a couple of months ago, when my long, medium-thick, dry hair was in desperate need of a moisture kick. Although it made my hair slightly softer, it didn't add any shine whatsoever nor did it help tame my frizz. It left a coat on my hair that lasted a few washes - probably due to a heavy load of silicone in this product. It even made my hair look dull. I don't understand the rave about Joico in general, I'm looking towards Redken or Kérastase next.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Miran81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product left my thick, dry hair soft and silky. When blow drying i found my hair a little greasy but this vanished as soon as i straightened it. Will definitely use again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by sleeptheclockaround

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG item! Most effective product I've found for my thick, frizzy hair. Usually apply to the ends of hair after shampooing. Not perfect, but very effective at reducing frizz. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by katiakatia

I used to use Redken and Kérastase before this, and I would never switch again. Love it! I use it maybe once a week or once every second and it keeps my hair so soft. Wonderful.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Wow..I couldn't find this stuff and had wanted to try it for a while on my very overprocessed hair. We were recently on vacation and i saw it in a store so I picked it up. It was about $18.00 I think. This is so amazing i cannot believe that I waited this long. I love Redkens all soft Butter Treat, but this is superior. I don't love the smell, but who cares? It goes away after rinsing. My hair is so soft after using this that I can't believe it is my hair! Next time I use it though I am going to use less on my roots - it sort of makes them "too soft" and they don't hold a style then and look flat. I used a clarifying shampoo first and then put this in my hair for about 20 minutes with a towel wrapped around my head. Go and buy this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It makes my hair tangle free as soon as I put it on in the shower. My hair feels so amazing and silky after. For the first time ever after using this product I'm able to put product in my hair and walk out the door. Usually my hair is so frizzy that even product won't hold it down- it needs to be straightened or blowdried before I can walk out the door. I will be buying this product again as soon as it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by krissy247

I read all the raving reviews on this product, and glad I did! It really helped make my hair feel hydrated and soft! I have thick hair, that is naturally wavey and course, so when I do full foil on top of that, it tends to be a little dry no matter how much I baby my hair. I highly reccomend trying this product out! Not many conditioners can hydrate this well without weighing down your hair and making it look heavy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by pinaro

Great product for my chemically treated, very dry hair. Joico also does not test on animals, so I love the fact that my beauty does not cause any suffering :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by CityGirlNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is it, my deep conditioner HG. My hair is thick, past my wait, and frizzy. I need a THICK conditioner, not something watery, but it also needs to have slip to detangle. This one blows my previous favorites--Kerastase Masquintense and Moroccanoil Masque--out of the water. It moisturizes like nothing I've ever seen, and yet it doesn't weight down the hair. And compared to the other brands, it's cheap--we're talkng $13-17 for 8 oz. My mom, whose hair is finer but also dry from color, said it was miraculous also. HG, HG, HG!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love. This is the best hair product that i've used. its so thick and rich but still glides onto the hair. Makes my hair so moisturized and actually relaxes it. Its better suited for thick haired girls like myself because it could be a bit heavy for thin hair types and oily scalps.

Update: This is a good moisturizing conditioner but recently it's just leaving my roots really oily. I guess it worked better when my hair was dry and damaged but since i've stopped coloring my hair and using heat on it, my hair is healthy and i don't need such heavy conditioners anymore. I still would recommend it for thick and dry types however.