December 22, 2014 | 966 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm for Thick or Coarse Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by cwah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best treatments I have come across. The consistency is nice and thick and it feels so luxurious when you put it on your hair. I have very long hair and I put the treatment in twice a week. Each time I leave it in for about 10 mins. I constantly get told I have the nicest hair. I owe all my good fortunes to this treatment.

Btw, I have facial eczema on my eyes and my lips and this does not aggravate my eczema.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was expecting great results from all the posititive reviews on here but sadly this product did not work for me. It has a lovely balm like texture which makes you believe its going to be very hydrating for your hair but after leaving it in for half an hour and blow drying my hair my hair felt dry, sticky and brittle. Whilst this didnt work for me its worth giving a go as it may work on your hair. Different products work for different people. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG!! Why hadn't I tried this sooner??!! I never knew what a good deep conditioner is supposed to do until I tried this one!!

This product does everything for my hair -- moisturizes, smoothes, shines, and makes it silky for days!!! I think this is my new HG!! Bye-bye Redken Real Control Mask!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by chimmzy

The Moisture Recovery conditioner is absolutely fantastic and my HG of all times.
Unfortunatly, the treatment balm in the same line didn't perform - at all.
It's thick & creamy and really look nurturing squeezed out of the tube, I'll give it that!
But I find it hard to distribute evenly in wet hair without using to much, and once in hair, it really just sits there, it doesn't penetrate the surface and it's really not moisturizing on its own.
I've tried it with heat, whitout heat, leaving it in for various minutes/hours, and the result is just not anything else then I get from a regular conditioner.
The *only* excellent result I've had with this product, is when left in a damp bun over night. In the morning, the outcome is similar to when using the MR conditioner.
That's not the way it's supposed to bu used though, and if I get the same result form 3 minutes with the MR cond, why buy the treatment at all?

It's possible that the formula is just too thick for me, although my hair is really thick as I've got a lot of strands, they're really thin and fine.
That could explain why so many have had excellent results with this product and some none at all.

I won't repurchase, although I might try the lighter version for fine hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by CamillaDK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great disappointment! I bought this a couple of months ago, when my long, medium-thick, dry hair was in desperate need of a moisture kick. Although it made my hair slightly softer, it didn't add any shine whatsoever nor did it help tame my frizz. It left a coat on my hair that lasted a few washes - probably due to a heavy load of silicone in this product. It even made my hair look dull. I don't understand the rave about Joico in general, I'm looking towards Redken or Kérastase next.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Miran81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product left my thick, dry hair soft and silky. When blow drying i found my hair a little greasy but this vanished as soon as i straightened it. Will definitely use again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by sleeptheclockaround

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG item! Most effective product I've found for my thick, frizzy hair. Usually apply to the ends of hair after shampooing. Not perfect, but very effective at reducing frizz. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by katiakatia

I used to use Redken and Kérastase before this, and I would never switch again. Love it! I use it maybe once a week or once every second and it keeps my hair so soft. Wonderful.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow..I couldn't find this stuff and had wanted to try it for a while on my very overprocessed hair. We were recently on vacation and i saw it in a store so I picked it up. It was about $18.00 I think. This is so amazing i cannot believe that I waited this long. I love Redkens all soft Butter Treat, but this is superior. I don't love the smell, but who cares? It goes away after rinsing. My hair is so soft after using this that I can't believe it is my hair! Next time I use it though I am going to use less on my roots - it sort of makes them "too soft" and they don't hold a style then and look flat. I used a clarifying shampoo first and then put this in my hair for about 20 minutes with a towel wrapped around my head. Go and buy this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It makes my hair tangle free as soon as I put it on in the shower. My hair feels so amazing and silky after. For the first time ever after using this product I'm able to put product in my hair and walk out the door. Usually my hair is so frizzy that even product won't hold it down- it needs to be straightened or blowdried before I can walk out the door. I will be buying this product again as soon as it runs out.