Make Up For Ever Mist and Fix

3.8

Aqua (Water) Methyl Propanediol, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Parfum (Fragrance), Chitosan Succinamide, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 10/13/2010 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this spray with MUFE F&B foundation. It really does make a difference in the wear, lasting through even the hot Florida summer. The product lasts forever, too, almost justifying the price. I had much better results with this than I did with MAC.

on 9/18/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I resounding YES on buying this product again!! Today was a real test, it's my bridal shower in the hot Texas weather and I had about 5 layers of makeup on (foundation,concealer, powder, bronzer,blush,highlighter!) and I've had a runny nose all day from my allergies! Not only did little to no makeup came off as I blew my nose, my makeup (mainly my highligther, which usually comes off my oily face in like 2 hours) and my eyeshadow have stayed and true to color. For reference I used Mac Pro Longwear in NC 42 and MUFE High Def powder, it was sticky after the spray then dried to a soft powdery finish. This will definitely be used on my wedding day!

on 8/8/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It does a great job to keep my makeup nice and long lasting. However, I broke out every time I used it. I have to stop using it since I don't wanna ruin my skin.

I really like this spray. It works best for me in the summer months when my makeup literally melts off of my face.. this helps my makeup not do that. Yes I still get a little oily on my nose but not like i do without this product. it also helps my makeup to stay put which is what need... I will def repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love love love this spritz, it is better than my fix+, pretty much the same thing, it is use for setting your makeup, but I find that this last longer and it doesn't created a glossy/ oily finish, it dries fast and matt. I have not use this for winter, but for the summer/ beach/ outdoor activities, this stuff is amazing, I actually use it once in the morning to set my makeup and I am good to go for the entire day, I don't even need touch up or worry about make up melt down.

on 7/21/2010 7:00:00 PM

I really love this product. It helps to set my make up for lasting coverage. If I make a mistake (i.e. too much eyeliner) I spray some on the back of my hand, dab a q tip and clear off the mistake and start over. It works really well IMO. I do have oily skin so I usually apply a small amount of powder after to avoid looking too oily. It does have a slight smell to me which I do not love, but I hold my breath when I apply it anyways so no biggie.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

it's a nice light mist for my face. the spray bottle vs the fix+ is better since it provides a finer mist. there really isn't a smell to the formula which is a big plus for me (yeah, not too fond of any smell with my makeup).

on 6/14/2010 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in place of UD All Nighter because they were sold out. The SA said that this is basically the same thing. I've used this over powder foundations and liquid foundations. It seems to do a slightly better job over powder foundation. When distributed evenly over the skin the product is GREAT at controlling the oil. I apply makeup at 6am and I usually have to touch up at 9ish. With this properly applied, I can go until noon before touching up. And my face FEELS clean and not in the least bit oily even if I don't touch up. And it hasn't broken me out after 3 weeks of use. The major downfall of this product is the spray. It distributes the product SO UNEVENLY!!! I'll have way too much product on parts of my face and not so much on the other parts. Then in an attempt to even it out I'll have drenched my face with this - about 5-7 squirts. Too much product leaves my face feeling a bit tacky and shiny. Not what I want. The days though that I do it right it's a great product. I'll try spraying it on a brush and apply it that way to see if it's any better. Would I repurchase? Most likely not. I still want Urban Decay All Nighter spray. Also, I don't think this would be a good product for those with dry-ish skin. The clean feeling I mentioned earlier, my face also felt a little tight which I quite enjoyed because I've never had that feeling before:)

PROS: Maybe this works for some because they like something sticky/tacky. Maybe that holds their makeup better?

CONS: Too sticky for me. Also, was it my imagination, or did this have a slight glitter effect to it?

ALTERNATES: I tried Urban Decay's version of this in the store too...and like it MUCH more than this because it's not sticky.

on 5/9/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesn't set my makeup at all and it certainly doesn't make it last any longer. What it does do is hydrate my makeup just the tiniest bit so that it doesn't look as powdery. I'm sure a mist of plain water would work just as well. I honestly can't tell any difference between this product and MAC Fix + but I will not be repurchase and stick with Fix + since Mist and Fix has a horrible smell that really bothers me. I really can't stand the smell and have stopped using Mist and Fix. It smells a little poopy to me. At least Fix + smells nice and sprays a finer mist. If the smell doesn't bother you then this is a nice product to have...not essential but nice.

Popular Treatments (Face)