August 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Treatments (Face) - Make Up For Ever - Mist and Fix

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this spritz, it is better than my fix+, pretty much the same thing, it is use for setting your makeup, but I find that this last longer and it doesn't created a glossy/ oily finish, it dries fast and matt. I have not use this for winter, but for the summer/ beach/ outdoor activities, this stuff is amazing, I actually use it once in the morning to set my makeup and I am good to go for the entire day, I don't even need touch up or worry about make up melt down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by dpchemd1

I really love this product. It helps to set my make up for lasting coverage. If I make a mistake (i.e. too much eyeliner) I spray some on the back of my hand, dab a q tip and clear off the mistake and start over. It works really well IMO. I do have oily skin so I usually apply a small amount of powder after to avoid looking too oily. It does have a slight smell to me which I do not love, but I hold my breath when I apply it anyways so no biggie.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's a nice light mist for my face. the spray bottle vs the fix+ is better since it provides a finer mist. there really isn't a smell to the formula which is a big plus for me (yeah, not too fond of any smell with my makeup).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in place of UD All Nighter because they were sold out. The SA said that this is basically the same thing. I've used this over powder foundations and liquid foundations. It seems to do a slightly better job over powder foundation. When distributed evenly over the skin the product is GREAT at controlling the oil. I apply makeup at 6am and I usually have to touch up at 9ish. With this properly applied, I can go until noon before touching up. And my face FEELS clean and not in the least bit oily even if I don't touch up. And it hasn't broken me out after 3 weeks of use. The major downfall of this product is the spray. It distributes the product SO UNEVENLY!!! I'll have way too much product on parts of my face and not so much on the other parts. Then in an attempt to even it out I'll have drenched my face with this - about 5-7 squirts. Too much product leaves my face feeling a bit tacky and shiny. Not what I want. The days though that I do it right it's a great product. I'll try spraying it on a brush and apply it that way to see if it's any better. Would I repurchase? Most likely not. I still want Urban Decay All Nighter spray. Also, I don't think this would be a good product for those with dry-ish skin. The clean feeling I mentioned earlier, my face also felt a little tight which I quite enjoyed because I've never had that feeling before:)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Maybe this works for some because they like something sticky/tacky. Maybe that holds their makeup better?

CONS: Too sticky for me. Also, was it my imagination, or did this have a slight glitter effect to it?

ALTERNATES: I tried Urban Decay's version of this in the store too...and like it MUCH more than this because it's not sticky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This doesn't set my makeup at all and it certainly doesn't make it last any longer. What it does do is hydrate my makeup just the tiniest bit so that it doesn't look as powdery. I'm sure a mist of plain water would work just as well. I honestly can't tell any difference between this product and MAC Fix + but I will not be repurchase and stick with Fix + since Mist and Fix has a horrible smell that really bothers me. I really can't stand the smell and have stopped using Mist and Fix. It smells a little poopy to me. At least Fix + smells nice and sprays a finer mist. If the smell doesn't bother you then this is a nice product to have...not essential but nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by sipsmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not really misty. Mist is something that comes from an aerosol can and this is a spray bottle so it doesn't spray evenly in terms of the size of the droplets that come out. However it gives my make-up great staying power! I'm not sure if I will purchase again only because I like to try different products but I will probably buy a travel size in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My makeup routine, now, has to be the best yet, but it's not perfect and not where I would like it to be which is looking like perfect, clear, flawless skin....I'm not sure that's possible but...anyway, the review: I do believe this mist is contributing to my "pretty good" made up face! I have VERY oily skin, huge pores with scars and cystic acne and make up melts away on me, cakes, slides etc etc. With my smashbox photofinish primer, estee lauder double wear (applied with makeup brush), MUFE HD powder and this setting spray...I blot once a day and that's it. I don't even put another layer of powder over my face like I would usually 2 or 3 times a day. The only place I still cake are my smile lines and the creases of my nose but that would only contribute to putting a little more on in those areas then I should have, my bad. This routine is getting me through some pretty horrible skin issues right now, I wouldn't leave home without doing this, ever. Heartbreaking, but it is what it is. I would try it, it's only 8 bucks.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by ck007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am reviewing this product after coming home after getting my face battered in the new york snowstorm. Wind, snow, extreme cold -- you name it; my face got lots of it. So I get home and I check my make-up: to see how well the mist & fix kept it on. And voila, the make up was still perfect! The foundation wasn't streaked or caked, brows were good, eye shadow good. So I'm very happy!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by nedabee

"mist" - yes
"fix" - no

it's refreshing, but i don't get the fix part. it didn't fix my make up at all. for refreshing, i'd rather mist my face with Evian spray/mist.