October 2, 2014 | 1949 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by GaddesdenGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so disappointed with this cleanser. I had a trial size which I took away at Christmas, and on the strength of how radiant it made my skin look I ordered a full size tube. At 10 a tube it's not all that cheap. After 3 months I've nearly finished the tube but at the detriment to my pores. This cleanser makes my skin glow and feel lovely BUT it totally clogs my pores. I've spent so long trying to get clear radiant skin, and this just gave me back all the blackheads I'd eliminated. Might be nice for dry skin - very disappointed it didn't work out for me. I'd also agree with some of the reviews that say it feels like it leaves something on your skin, if I only rinsed with cold water it did feel like that but warm water and a wash cloth after this cleanser always left my skin feeling amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser because my pores seemed more clogged than usual. After two weeks of use, I'm not sure if my skin is purging or if it's just breaking out. I would only use this after removing makeup as it doesn't really work into the skin well. The menthol is pointless and prevents you from using it on the eye area (seriously, don't). I'll continue to look for improvements but at the moment I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cleanser off and on for a couple of months and it always seems to help with my acne and moisturize my skin. Never dries me out and it smells and feels wonderful. I personally like the menthol in this, I believe it helps deep clean better. You do have to use a toner after to get all your makeup off. I use Organic lemon juice diluted with water and my face looks flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Liwka

I LOVE this cleanser. I got a sample of it 3 months ago and still have it! It's somewhat expensive (as all natural products are) but you get a lot of bang for you buck, since it lasts a while.
Personally, I use it in the morning. The smell wakes me up and makes me feel energized. It doesn't leave a soapy after effect like my old morning cleanser did. My skin looks amazing afterwards and since I rarely wear make it, that's a plus!
Since I have combination skin, I use a different cleanser to clear my acne, so I am not to sure if this clears my skin or not, but it's looking like my pre-18 year old skin.

Give this product a try! You'll love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wouldn't say that I adore this product, because I feel that there is a product of better value out there that I could get. However, it makes my skin feel wonderful after I use it. I wish that I didn't have to carefully remove my makeup before I used it, or that I could use it on my eyes (because they get oily too!) I do like how it makes my combination skin look and feel. I am prone to breakouts, and this tends to make my skin clearer and softer looking. It also smells absolutely lovely, and doesn't dry out my skin or make it oilier. For now, it is my go-to face wash, but I am still on the lookout, because I am SURE there is something better out there.
Note: I also use this with one of the scrublets from the Loreal 360 clean facewashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A not bad face wash. It's refreshing and smells really good. However the cream face wash doesn't form (which I understand that they need to keep it natural), so you really have to use a lot of product for one wash. I finished the bottle in one month (consider all the other face wash lasted me at least half of year) I would say it doesn't have good value for money. Definitely will not repurchase. I'm using La-roche posay at the moment and will probably switch to Vichy face wash, which is also paraben and sulfate free. I still prefer forming cleanser, I mean in the end of day it's a cleanser, we can keep all other products we use on our face as natural as we can, but it should take a little extra power to fully remove all kinds of impurities on our skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by koalapoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim about a year ago. After using it a couple times, it left my face dry and painful.
It cleaned my face well enough, but was just too strong for my dry skin. For someone with combination or oily skin it might work.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Jwiatr3

I have bad red broken blood vessels on my face nose cheeks forehead and it only gets worse throughout the day. Even the first time I used this product it helped me so much it looked like I was wearing inundation because it helped my blood vessels and redness so much. It made my face clear and smooth. The ingredients in it like chamomile and lemon juice are known to help blood vessels and increase blood flow and it really did work so well! I love this product. Don't get it in your eyes because the mint will burn but it leaves your face feeling tingly and fresh and moisturized :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by franchen

Except the tingly/minty feeling it gives me on my sensitive and eye area, I have to say I really like this cleansing cream. The scent is so refreshing and it just wakes me up in the morning. It also helped reduce a little bit of my minor acne problem and it's made from natural ingredients!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have only been using this for a couple of weeks, so I don't know if it's just my natural cycle or something, but my skin has been looking and feeling much better since I started, and I've gotten fewer new spots. I've previously been afraid of using mild, oil based cleansers for my oily, acne prone skin, but this one works really well, and moisturizes rather than dries out. I haven't been using any foundation since I started with this though, only a spot-fighting concealer, so I don't know how well it would cleanse off foundation.

The only thing I don't like about it is the mint. Why do Burt's Bees insist on putting that irritating stuff in all their products!? It makes my eyes run, so I have to use something else to remove my eye makeup.

Edit: I still love this product as a morning cleanser (in the evening I use something that's better at removing makeup). My eyes eventually got used to the menthol, and aren't irritated by it at all anymore. This is a very mild and mosturizing cleanser that's wonderful for sensitive and acne-prone skin.