December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by burberryrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! Today I was traveling around a very humid area of the country and my face felt and looked oily, so I just whipped this out and used a big fluffy blush to apply it. I love the fact that it looks EXTREMELY natural on my skin--not cakey at all--even with several touch-ups, and retains the moisture in your skin (which is important for me, since I sweat easily and my skin can fluctuate from very oily to very dry). I got this in 710, Translucent Light, although I really should have gone for 705...it's a bit dark for my vampire-ish skin. However, it is really very translucent, so the color isn't a huge issue. I don't mind the smell...I think it actually smells good...and the compact is super cute! I wouldn't recommend using the little velvet pad that comes with it, however, because it gets extremely dirty and oily quickly, and it's hard to clean. Just use a fluffy powder brush! It will give a lighter coverage and is much easier to clean.

I do tend to get tired of my makeup quickly, and am always on the hunt for a perfect powder, but this is a good fall-back option.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by pimpcessleelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite pressed powder! I am NW45 so I use the translucent sable. It goes on smoothly and it evens out my combo skin. It looks very natural as if I don't need foundation. Goodness!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by laurenemmess

I love this stuff! It makes my skin look and feel soft, it hides blemishes, red in my cheeks, and it doesn't over dry my face. I just wish it came in more shades because mine is a bit too dark for me, but the lighter one would be too light. But I still really like this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this back in 2003; I did not like it then and I don't like it now. My face does better with foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING<3

This contriols my oil, does NOT look cakey *Glares at No.7*, Makes me look very natural, Gets RID OF THE RED IN MY CHEEKS ;D, It makes my face feel moisturized and not over drying, AND ITS CHEAP<3 *Glare at MAC*

And the packagings cute<3 i love opening up my bag and seeing this!

Please do not discontinue this covergirl ;A; I LOVE IT<3

Will buy again and again and AGAIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by amandymoo

I really do like this powder. I use 710 translucent light which is a perfect color for me. I put this on with a powder brush in the morning to set my makeup and does a good job of that. I have acne and it does not make me breakout! The only thing is that I have oily skin and by the end of the day my face is greasy. I'm pretty sure it's this powder not my foundation, but I'm not positive. Great buy, but if you have oily skin it may not be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by LaineLaVain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shade in soft honey. It works beautifully!!! since its translucent, it doesnt add much color to my face, only a touch =) and it sets my bronzing powder perfectly!

EDIT: this stuff is crap, pure crap. you get what you pay for. Now that ive started using expensive makeup I cant believe i even gave this a good rating. wow. has no coverage, wears off quickly and splotchy. I wouldnt let my dog use this...and I dont even have a dog.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by NewMama13

I love everything about this powder except the fact that it doesn't come in enough shades. The one I bought is just a bit too light for me but the next shade up is too dark. However it is one of the few powders that doesn't look and feel too heavy on my face. It never breaks me out either. Looks very natural. Good stuff overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by HighbrowLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't care for this powder. On my skin it looks really fake and powdery. It's very obvious that I have powder all over my face. I don't really care for the perfumey smell, but I wouldn't mind it as much if the powder worked well for me. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, this was the only powder by CG I hadn't tried, so I bought one in "Soft Honey" thinking...this is gonna be too dark, powdery, cakey looking, and control no oil...I was SO wrong. The shade goes on much lighter than it looks in the pan, perfect match for my golden tanned NC37 skintone! Not powdery at all, in fact it's totally undetectible on my skin. And somehow this powder keeps me matte longer than all the other oil control powders I've tried. I am convinced that adding moisture actually keeps my pores from overproducing oil. Also, because it doesn't overdry your skin, it never gets cakey or flakey, even with multiple touchups. Also, doesn't sink into pores, like most powders tend to..in fact it smoothes over pores and helps mask them. I love the deep blue compact, and I think the mild scent is actually quite pleasent. Definiteyl CG's best powder formulation, and my HG powder (at least for the cooler months).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No