Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/7/2012 11:05:00 AM

I have ben using this for almost two years now, and I LOVE it! It is an essential in my make up bag and the bottle lasts forever! Other primers make my skin freak out, but since I use BM it is essential to wear one. This stuff does the trick! For my crazy sensitive skin it keeps it calm and I only get flare ups with little pimples here an there, once a month ;) Keeps my make up on all day and has made a huge difference in my skin!

For the other that are having issues, what I would say is that you HAVE to let this dry! I usually put it on and then do my eye make up, by the time I am done with that, I can dust on my BM and it all looks great :)

on 8/10/2012 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this back in June when Philosophy was having their 30% off sale. I just started using this a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I was apprehensive to use this based upon some of the reviewers stating that this made their face breakout. Well I'm happy to report that this product did not make my face breakout (shocking). I love the fact that it is clear and it doesn't have any tint to it. This product really does reduce the pores on my face and makes my foundation look great. I will definitely be repurchasing- my new HG primer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Im very DISAPOINTED =( I really wanted to believe all the wonderful things people are saying about this product .After watching gossthemaakeupartist (youtube guru) he sweared this was thee best primer ever so the next day i went and bought it at sephora for $30 bucks .
Well im very sad to say it didnt do nothing as it promised to do
it didnt fill in a fine line nor did did it fill in a pore but what it did do was leave me with a horrible breakout!! =(
Also it leaves your skin extremely pale i look like a ghost after applying, also i would like to add that it leaves your makeup looking very cakey and if you rub your makeup it peels ewww gross .Also it makes your under eye fine lines pop out even more .
I really wanted this stuff to work for one im very sad that it doesnt work 2.i feel i cant trust reviews cause so many are paid to advertise as other have there products and bash others ughh im very disapointed .Please anyone if you know a product thats REALLY WORKS in filling fine lines please let me know Thank you .

on 7/14/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I don't have any idea how this works as a face primer. I've been to scared to try after reading about people breaking out, BUT....I use it on my eyelids and it really keeps my eye shadows in place. I use a very, very small amount and give it a minute to dry. Then I use my cheap, crappy shadows and it WORKS! They are transformed into nice, lasting shadows. Will repurchase for that use. maybe one day I will be brave enough to try as primer.

on 7/7/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I use it alone, as a primer, over makeup, and, occasionally as a nighttime moisturizer. The claims about "airbrushed" looking skin are perfectly accurate for me. This is a classic for good reason.

on 5/17/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great product. I initially entered the department store looking for a clear powder to address the shine issues on my forehead, etc. At first I was skeptical, but the saleslady convinced me to try it and I'm glad that I did. This is fabulous as a primer underneath make-up, or as a clear type of foundation worn alone. It takes care of the shine and it doesn't irritate my combination to dry skin. If you don't want to spend the $$, then I recommend trying to get a sample and seeing if it works for you.

on 4/25/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

I got a "present" alright...a months worth of BREAK-OUTS!! I have combination/acne prone skin to begin with, so when I saw all the raving reviews on this product I HAD to try it out (Im a sucker for awesome primers). For me, it did serve as a good primer, but it was a little on the thick/cementy side. I could deal with that if it weren't for the boulder size breakouts it left me with...If it werent for the fact that I had an adverse reaction to it, Id have kept it...I think its the lavender used as an ingredient. But I ALWAYS have bad experiences with Philosophy skin care I dunno what it is...the only thing I can successfully use from that line are the Fragrances which I L-O-V-E

on 4/25/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

If you've got SUPER OILY skin and are looking for that HG primer to help keep your make up from doing the 'slippity-slide' all day long, this is it! I heard the amazing raves about this product and I can't believe the score here on MUA is only 3.5ish! =( Well maybe some of you ain't using it right =P You really gotta wait that 2 minutes for it to dry! I wait more than that just to make sure ;) I've been hearing from quite a number of reviewers that it sits well with powder forumlas. So far, I've only tried it with powder/mineral format because that is my weapon of choice =P I have yet to try it with liquid format in the future when I decide to swtich. I highly recommend to all you ladies out there looking for a primer that is really effective, especially for combo/oily skin types, since makeup just tends to dissapear into oblivion for us ladies.

on 4/17/2012 10:12:00 AM

I really love this primer! I always go through ruts with my bare mineral foundation where I feel as if it isn't working how I want so this time I though I'd try a primer to help. I can tell a huge difference with my foundation when I don't wear the present with it! It makes my bare mineral foundation look so much better! The price is 28 at sephora but I've had my first bottle for well over 3 months now and it's only about half way gone and I do use it every day! The packaging is fine but you just have to be careful not to squeeze to much out as you only need about a dime size dab.
PROS:
Makes my foundation look airbrushed
Inexpensive for how long it lasts
Hasn't made me break out
CONS:
The only one I can think of is it can sometimes come out too much

on 4/10/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! I have acne prone skin, which is also very oily. After cleansing my face I put on an oil free moisturizer, along with my sunblock, followed by this primer. It makes my face look flawless, and really controls my oily face. I do wait about 15 mins before applying my makeup.

Popular Primer/ Correctors