November 21, 2014 | 1688 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have any idea how this works as a face primer. I've been to scared to try after reading about people breaking out, BUT....I use it on my eyelids and it really keeps my eye shadows in place. I use a very, very small amount and give it a minute to dry. Then I use my cheap, crappy shadows and it WORKS! They are transformed into nice, lasting shadows. Will repurchase for that use. maybe one day I will be brave enough to try as primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use it alone, as a primer, over makeup, and, occasionally as a nighttime moisturizer. The claims about "airbrushed" looking skin are perfectly accurate for me. This is a classic for good reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. I initially entered the department store looking for a clear powder to address the shine issues on my forehead, etc. At first I was skeptical, but the saleslady convinced me to try it and I'm glad that I did. This is fabulous as a primer underneath make-up, or as a clear type of foundation worn alone. It takes care of the shine and it doesn't irritate my combination to dry skin. If you don't want to spend the $$, then I recommend trying to get a sample and seeing if it works for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MelissaD2283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a "present" alright...a months worth of BREAK-OUTS!! I have combination/acne prone skin to begin with, so when I saw all the raving reviews on this product I HAD to try it out (Im a sucker for awesome primers). For me, it did serve as a good primer, but it was a little on the thick/cementy side. I could deal with that if it weren't for the boulder size breakouts it left me with...If it werent for the fact that I had an adverse reaction to it, Id have kept it...I think its the lavender used as an ingredient. But I ALWAYS have bad experiences with Philosophy skin care I dunno what it is...the only thing I can successfully use from that line are the Fragrances which I L-O-V-E

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Lionessque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you've got SUPER OILY skin and are looking for that HG primer to help keep your make up from doing the 'slippity-slide' all day long, this is it! I heard the amazing raves about this product and I can't believe the score here on MUA is only 3.5ish! =( Well maybe some of you ain't using it right =P You really gotta wait that 2 minutes for it to dry! I wait more than that just to make sure ;) I've been hearing from quite a number of reviewers that it sits well with powder forumlas. So far, I've only tried it with powder/mineral format because that is my weapon of choice =P I have yet to try it with liquid format in the future when I decide to swtich. I highly recommend to all you ladies out there looking for a primer that is really effective, especially for combo/oily skin types, since makeup just tends to dissapear into oblivion for us ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Blockwitz7789

I really love this primer! I always go through ruts with my bare mineral foundation where I feel as if it isn't working how I want so this time I though I'd try a primer to help. I can tell a huge difference with my foundation when I don't wear the present with it! It makes my bare mineral foundation look so much better! The price is 28 at sephora but I've had my first bottle for well over 3 months now and it's only about half way gone and I do use it every day! The packaging is fine but you just have to be careful not to squeeze to much out as you only need about a dime size dab.
PROS:
Makes my foundation look airbrushed
Inexpensive for how long it lasts
Hasn't made me break out
CONS:
The only one I can think of is it can sometimes come out too much

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by gris2418

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I have acne prone skin, which is also very oily. After cleansing my face I put on an oil free moisturizer, along with my sunblock, followed by this primer. It makes my face look flawless, and really controls my oily face. I do wait about 15 mins before applying my makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Chelseakins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros:
-Philosophy always delivers luxurious products
-Creamy
-Light scent

Cons:
-Skin became shiny within a couple hours
-Makeup would not stay put
-Felt like an additonal moisturizer

Overall, I would not purchase this product again since it did not perform well for my skin type and texture.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Flickerini

Normally I love Philosophy products, but I must say I was disappointed with this one. I have combination skin (so not even super oily) but it was really the shine control aspect I was after and this product unfortunately failed to deliver. Having spent £25.00 on it, I was unimpressed.....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use this product anymore, but I still highly recommend it.
Let me explain.
I use to hate foundation and refused to use it. This was the perfect alternative from me then. It gave me a smooth lovely surface, without that greasy foundation feeling. I have since found foundations that work for my skin type, and have not used this in awhile. However I think it is a quality product.