April 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but it's not the best. The tin is very cute too, but it's not hygienic. This will last months! But it gets harder to get out when you hit the bottom of the tin. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Ooh, nice. I wanted a multipurpose salve that I'll use mostly as a nighttime lip product. I'd read many good things about Smith's. Being a lover of peppermint, I picked up the minted version of this. I was really surprised by how minty it is! It lasted more initial minutes than I would have guessed. So far, so good! There's really no color to this; it just looks shiny on lips. But that's fine by me.

*Edit a month or so later - this is okay, but it really doesn't hydrate my lips at night like Carmex. It's true that it's glorified vaseline, but it smells SO GOOD, I'll forgive it and continue using it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Laphrena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this balm! It doesn't stay on very well but it gives a subtle rose colour and shine. I really like the scent, but it is not for everyone - my BFF despises it. I prefer balms in a tube so I don't have to use my fingers but I like this one so much I've given in. The lid is not hard to open which I appreciate (e.g. if I have just put on lotion). I will buy again! I'd like to try some of the other scents as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I am definitely a fan. I love the smell and the texture. It gives a little hint of color and shine to my lips. It contains a blend of essential oils and a cotton seed oil in a "special petrolatum base". The tingle from the peppermint is very mild but helps stimulate blood flow. So it's Vaseline PLUS for your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Judy82

I actually really like this lip balm. I absolutely love the smell, it is not sticky and gives my lips a lovely rosy tint, even though they look quite greasy. I do find it moisturising, but then again I rarely suffer from chapped lips. The tin is really big and I've had it for over 6 months now and I've not even used a quarter of it with regular use. It's not Burt's Bees or Luca's PawPaw Ointment, but it's wonderful and I'll definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this from Sephora because I love the Strawberry Lip Balm so much, but I sent this back. The smell of this was kind of a sickly sweet rose smell (It actually made me a little nauseous!). Its more petroleum based than the strawberry, and the staying power was negligible.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by spearmintcookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I so wanted to love this product...I like how it smells, though it is a bit weird, and I like the tingliness, but I find it wears off in practically no time and I'm left with the same chapped lips as I started with. Maybe the rose salve would serve me better. Given the price ($7 USD) and lackluster performance, I will not be buying this again. Plus, you get a huge tin of it, so it'll last me awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ashleybaybay

I guess I bought into the smith's rosebud salve hype, but I was very disappointed. I mean, it's an okay lip balm, but it's basically equivalent to vaseline. I think I really just wanted to try it out for my own satisfaction,and because it supposedly had a nice "sheen/tint". Really, it didn't tint my lips at all...it was too sheer and it was a little too glossy for my taste.

Smell: I actually like it...but I know some people think it's a bit weird. It's a minty, herbally, rosy smell :)
Packaging: I don't really care about it being in a "pot" because I don't worry too much about it being "sanitary" or not...so it's alright
Price: In Canada at Sephora I got this for about $10 with tax included...so it wasn't that cheap. That's probably why I wouldn't be getting this again...I'll bet there are a lot of other lip balms out there that are cheaper or the same price that will actually "heal" and give my lips more moisture. When I put this on it moisturizes at first, but then after awhile I have to reapply because my lips start to peel/crack again :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I love this stuff! I thought the smell was a little weird at first, but I grew to love it. It leaves my lips looking very soft without looking overly glossy, and it really sinks in. Definitely buying this stuff again, it's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Words can not express my love for this product!! I just love it THAT much!
I'm a lip chap junkie. I go through them like crazy (one every 2 months or so), and when I apply any type of lip chap, it seems to fade away really quickly.
This really moisturizes my lips, I still have to reapply (of course), but I don't apply it as often as when I had lip chap. While others say that this is just an overpriced vaseline, I would have to disagree. To me, vaseline does keep my lips moisturized when I put it on, however whenever I do not apply vaseline my lips are chapped like crazy.
The packaging is nice, but a little annoying at times. If it even gets warm it melts, which is never fun. Also having to dip my finger in every time is not hygenic - but I can deal with that. I really like the smell as well!! But to each their own. :)
Price wise, I definitely feel that it balances it out. Normal lip chaps are $2-$3 each, for a year I'd be spending around $12+ on seperate lip chaps (not to mention ones that get lost as well!). Instead I can just get this tin for 9.50CAD and it lasts me close to a year!

I would definitely repurchase!