August 20, 2014 | 1848 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by VioletMuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip balm. Being a mint fan, I absolutely love the smell. It's not sticky or overly glossy and gives my lips a light rosy tint. The tin lasts a long time. Seriously, I've had it for over a year now and I've probably only used half! I know if it came in tube form I would probably use more of it more as I'm not a huge fan in sticking my fingers in a tin. Either way, I think it's still pretty wonderful and I'll definitely purchase it when it runs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

I'm quite disappointed by this product. I purchased this expecting it to be the same formula as the normal Rosebud Salve, but for some reason this is more drying on my lips--I'm not sure if it's because the formula is slightly different or if it's the mint essential oil. The texture is similar to that of the original, but a little bit thinner and more greasy. It doesn't have good staying power at all, I'd say 1 hour max, more like 30 min. It adds a little bit of a pinkish tint to your lips, which looks quite cute and is housed in a vintage-looking tin. I'll def use it up, but I would never repurchase. I expected this balm to be far more moisturizing than it is.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This is basically scented Vaseline. Feels nice and tingly on and gives a pretty light pink tint but I hate the tin packaging, and don't like that its a petroleum product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by meghan_van

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried the original and the strawberry salve. Not a fan of the strawberry. Loved the smell but didn't do much for my lips. The original was ok. For some reason whenever I am at Sephora these always call to me! I love mint, so I finally decided to give the minted rose lip balm a chance. I love it. Gives my lips a tad bit of color, basically just makes them look shiny and healthy. Love the smell. It feels a bit tingly at first, at least on my lips, but I love it!! Definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but it's not the best. The tin is very cute too, but it's not hygienic. This will last months! But it gets harder to get out when you hit the bottom of the tin. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Ooh, nice. I wanted a multipurpose salve that I'll use mostly as a nighttime lip product. I'd read many good things about Smith's. Being a lover of peppermint, I picked up the minted version of this. I was really surprised by how minty it is! It lasted more initial minutes than I would have guessed. So far, so good! There's really no color to this; it just looks shiny on lips. But that's fine by me.

*Edit a month or so later - this is okay, but it really doesn't hydrate my lips at night like Carmex. It's true that it's glorified vaseline, but it smells SO GOOD, I'll forgive it and continue using it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Laphrena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this balm! It doesn't stay on very well but it gives a subtle rose colour and shine. I really like the scent, but it is not for everyone - my BFF despises it. I prefer balms in a tube so I don't have to use my fingers but I like this one so much I've given in. The lid is not hard to open which I appreciate (e.g. if I have just put on lotion). I will buy again! I'd like to try some of the other scents as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I am definitely a fan. I love the smell and the texture. It gives a little hint of color and shine to my lips. It contains a blend of essential oils and a cotton seed oil in a "special petrolatum base". The tingle from the peppermint is very mild but helps stimulate blood flow. So it's Vaseline PLUS for your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Judy82

I actually really like this lip balm. I absolutely love the smell, it is not sticky and gives my lips a lovely rosy tint, even though they look quite greasy. I do find it moisturising, but then again I rarely suffer from chapped lips. The tin is really big and I've had it for over 6 months now and I've not even used a quarter of it with regular use. It's not Burt's Bees or Luca's PawPaw Ointment, but it's wonderful and I'll definitely be re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this from Sephora because I love the Strawberry Lip Balm so much, but I sent this back. The smell of this was kind of a sickly sweet rose smell (It actually made me a little nauseous!). Its more petroleum based than the strawberry, and the staying power was negligible.