La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

I am quite skeptical about reviewing this staff, I bought it for showing off, just like I always keep YSL eclat and HR's feline black in purse, I love La Prairie's design of this compact.
It's rectangular, quite big, also it's supposed to be made of plastic, but it feels like metal coming to touch it. Besides, you get a gorgeous mirror inside and the mirror-surface outside comes in handy several times, it also comes in with blue velvet cover with logo engraved and it is thus the best powder compact of all.
It felt good too, the powder felt more smooth than lancome ones, and the color is wisely providing med-l coverage with quite non-drying quality for my dry skin.

Yet I'd still give it 3 lippies although I'd keep purchashing it because the 1st thing on the ingredient list is TALC, which lots of mineral lines extremently go against and declare having none of this. And the really cellular part is coming from squalane, which is quite common and cheap product anyway.

So, I paid almost 100 bucks for the compact, with debatable ingredients, and that still makes me quite happy. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder has the best look of any powder compacts I have used and it lasts all day. I thought I would trial it for a while and see, as usually my foundation wears a lot on my dry cheeks. But this over my liquid foundation is the only powder that really stops this from happening. I have dry skin and it is not really drying at all, it does have a matte look. The packaging looks great but is made of plastic and is a little disappointing for what you pay, I have found this with all LP products!

EDIT: I love this over certain areas, but not all over as I want a dewy look most of the time, I think slightly dewy makes you appear youthful. I wear this over spots and blemishes as a finishing touch and for instance over Diorskin forever and it covers with a natural/not heavy finish, never looks cakey and lasts for 8 hours.
Amazing. Will buy again. Also one pan has lasted me a year and will probably last another 6 months. Looks great applied with a damp sponge.

I have the new packaging. The rectangular silver case.
This powder is outstanding. The only powder that I wear! It covers well it hides my pores gives a mat finish without looking chalky or too powdery/dry. It can be worn wet for a heavier coverage. it makes me look fresh and shine free..
I have the colour "sunlid beige" which is slightly darker than my light/med olive skin but I feel I need to go darker b/c I find their colours make me look very pale.
Other foundations I wear:
By Terry light expert in light vanillla
By Terry lumier in # 6
Armani LSF in 5.5 colour is good, shade slightly beige. (I have yellow undertones) but it works.
Armani Face fabric in #3.. I was matched professionally for all these colours.

Word of warning. The sponge/brush can get a horrible smell after a while due to product build-up. Usually when worn over primer or another liquid foundation..

This product is absolutely fantastic. I've been using it for over 3 years now. This is the only product that I don't change. You don't need to use foundation under. I just apply my moisturizer and spf before it. The best thing is it stays all day long giving even more natural look.

Yes, i like this powder finish foundation a lot. Acutally, it's the first compact foundation i came across to almost finish it.
Tha package is elegant and the effect is stunning. On my oily skin, it looks natural, matt and stays for all day. The longer i wear it, the more it looks like my own skin. No kidding, unlike other compact (Dior & Chanel), the oil control power is pretty amazing. But spreaking of coverage, i will say it's OK, not the best.
As for price, i bought it $75, not bad, i can afford one every 6 months or so. Compares to Cle de Peau which sold @ 118, this is definitely more affordable. I even like this more than the $170 caviar foundation.
But as i am easy to get bored, think next time i will give Cle de Peau a try. We will see... ...

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this powder foundation! It covers surprisingly well. It's not chalky or cakey on the skin. It doesn't settle into any fine lines. It last most of the day. However, it's just priced way too high. I don't think I'll buy again.

I tried this thank to the reviews here. It is an outstanding foundation. It goes on smooth and light providing perfect coverage though. It has also great oil control. Because applying powder directly makes my skin feel a little drying, I apply this foundation over a thin layer of a lightweight liquid foundation (like YSL Perfect Touch) and then it gives me the most beautiful flawless skin (maybe a little bit too perfect!) without looking cakey at the end of the day. I agree with one of the reviewers that said that it is better applied with the sponge and not with a brush (actually it's the first powder foundation I came accross, which I can apply with the sponge coming with it). The lightest shade "Ivory" was a good match (NC15). As for the price, I tried the older round version (it was the last one left at the counter) and I paid about 55 euros. I didn't find it extraordinary, because here HE foundations/powders are about this price. I am using it everyday for the last month and it looks like new. *UPDATE: I repurchased it and this time I got the new rectangular version. I liked the old one more, it was easier to carry with me and IMHO it was more elgant. However, the actual product in the new version is a little bit different, it is even better. It is more lightweight (coverage is the same) and if, for instance, you had 10% possibility to look cakey after reapplying with the old one, with this one you get 5%. It has a disgusting smell though (maybe is the sponge), but thankfully I can smell it only during application. It costs 10 euros more than the old one.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Very expensive yes!, but works great in summer time after bb cream,
make my pores look smaller and that's all i need to be happy=)

I have this foundation powder in cameo and it is absolutely great ! Easy to apply, the colour is perfect and the powder so finely milled that it blends with my skin beautifully. At first it does appear quite matte, as other reviewers have said. However, after less than 30 min, it melts into the skin and takes on a subtle and very natural glow. It is not drying at all but ladies with drier skins should moisturise well as it can emphasise dry spots. Since my skin is oily, I have to blot after 4-5 hours but my face never becomes oil slick as it does with some liquid foundations. I put the Meteorites pearls in mythic as an all over finishing powder, along with a little of Laguna Nars bronzer or the Meteorites in beige chic and the Meteorites in pink fresh or Benefit Dandelion as blush and I love the result ! The case is big, with a convenient large mirror but remains very portable for touch up.

This is THE must have powder, perfect in every way except for the price. It goes on easily, not patchy or fake looking. My skin feels smooth and looks matte but not to made up. And I don't know why they don't put it in the name but this powder stays on ALL DAY on greasy skin, they should add "ALL DAY" to the description. I have oily skin and this is the ONLY powder that keeps away shine all day long, even now in humid weather. I wish I had found it sooner, would have saved a lot of money trying Lorac, NARS, Tarte, Channel, Dior, Loreal, E. Lazlor, Bare Ecsentuals, prescriptives, jemma kid, Givenchy, Armani, and YSL! Oh yeah, Hourglass, Korres and Laura Mercier, Kevin Aucion and Armani are 2nd choices if you don't need the matte finish but they are way seond cuz no powder stays on as long as this one!