October 24, 2014 | 1511 users online

Lipstick - Jane - Lip Huggers

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2003 11:26:00 PM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, having heard a lot of buzz about jane (it's young, it's hip, it's cheap, it's owned by the veritable giant Estee Lauder), I thought I should check something in their line out. It was not easy to find much by jane where I looked for it (Rite Aid, Walgreens had pitiful jane stock--looks like they hadn't replenished in quite some time), but I snagged a Lip Hugger in some plum color. Well, I'm not really impressed, but I didn't expect much for less than $2 anyway. It is quite slippery and greasy and can make quite a mess on the lips if you're not careful. Positives: nice black tube with cute pink dot design in the middle. Fragrance-free and apparently irritant-free as well. Moisturizing. But alas, not my cup of tea with the extreme slipperiness and greasy feel. Having glanced at other reviews below, I am perplexed and wonder if we are all reviewing the same product. The Lip Hugger I tried is NOTHING like a Clinique or Estee' Lauder lipstick; there's a world of difference IMO!!! There doesn't seem to be hardly any pigment in these, compared to the higher-end lipsticks (high pigment level is a good sign of quality, by the way)--although this could be due to the fact it is a "shimmer" Lip Hugger-- and like I said, the texture is not at all similar to that of an upscale product either. For $2 I wasn't expecting it to be a high-end product, of course, but I still wish I had never bought this. Oddly enough, I am much more a fan of the Continuous Color lipsticks by Cover Girl--those have some really beautiful colors as well as a much nicer "grown-up" texture that stays put. For whatever reason, that product has received terrible ratings here-I don't know why--go figure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 4:58:00 AM More reviews by KITTYCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite lipstick at the moment. Just love it. It's cheap and works great. Love the color.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2003 1:55:00 PM More reviews by BaEnAuset

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, on my quest for the perfect sheer red I came across this in Brown Downed Red, only to be disapointed. *Sigh*. It's just too... well, brown! But I've found my favorite red drugstore lippie... Maybelline Moisture Whip in Classic Red.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2003 7:42:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought four or five colors in this line and most turned fuschia on me. "Kind of Carob" was the only tame pinkish plum that looked somewhat ok, but the rest didn't look like the color in the tube. "Haywire" was a strange, pale pink on me. I tried to like this product, but couldn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 9:15:00 PM More reviews by sherryah9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really like these lipsticks, they are very smooth and creamy and last well. the quality is very comparable to estee or clinique or mac, imo. good quality at a cheap price. i do wish there were more shades available though. there are only a handful i can use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2003 11:19:00 PM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

I love these lipsticks. They are very creamy, have no offensive odor, and are long-lasting. I have these in several shades, some of which unfortunately don't work for me (thus have a few up for swap). However, Nuts About You has become my holy grail lipstick, and I use it more than my Nars and MAC lippies. I get effusive compliments every time I wear it, from men and womyn. It's a beautiful red slightly warmed with brown, which is perfect for my fair yellow-toned Eurasian complexion. Rave, rave, rave for this shade in particular.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2003 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sharilynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

got this in fortune cookie, love it, its my favorite nude lippie, goes on smooth, works well with gloss over it, i'd buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2003 3:25:00 PM More reviews by bronwynk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in radical rose and fortune cookie. For some reason my fortune cookie is nice and soft while the radical rose is very dry. Not good for the winter when my lips are dry anyway. And the fortune cookie color washes me out. It's a pale nude shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2003 7:35:00 PM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in "Haywired", a tan nude, in my search for the perfect nude lipstick. A very creamy texture that didn't dry out my lips, to my surprise and delight. I have very pigmented lips, and so this sometimes shows up as more pink than I would like, but could be too orange for some. Extra good with mocha/caramel/tan/beige gloss on top.

Also later purchased in Fortune Cookie, a silver beige frost with a sheer creamy texture. On its own it makes my lips look like a shimmery/frosty baby pink. Also good for adding shimmer to other lipsticks. I do so love Jane!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 6:40:00 PM More reviews by legaleagle

I have two of these, Haywire and Browned Down Red. They are both very pretty, neutral, warm colors. They also feel very moisturizing. I did not expect that from such a low-end l/s. I really like these lippies and will probably purchase them again.