April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Brows - MAC - Brow Finisher

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Saffronmodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, Ive only used the but clear is fantastic, it just sets the brows so they stay perfect! It lasts soooo long too you only use a tiny little bit and it just lasts ages!

XXOOXX

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the brow finishers. I have one in wheat, or I had one. I recently ran out; I went to my local MAC store to find that they didn't have wheat anymore! I am so sad now. I will go back and try to adjust to clear...

I believe they are discontinuing all of the colors except for clear, as on the website it is the only one available. The others don't even come up as options. Ugh it really makes me mad. I freaking love it so much. Just putting a little bit on, and all my eyebrow hairs stick down, as if hurricane-survival ready (I'm from Florida, so sorry for the possibly-offensive hurricane reference). No!!! I am seriously really mad. Why do they always screw over customers by discontinuing stuff?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by foltmanns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used several eyebrow products over the years, and this by far is the best I've found. I don't mind the $15 price at all, because it does everything I need and more. Definitely HG, cannot live without even on a desert island product for me. I have it in 'wheat' which is perfect, doesn't make my brows too light or too dark. I use the MAC #272 angled brush to blend a little bit after applying. I have found this to be very consistent meaning that my eyebrow color does not vary from day to day based on how I applied, something I have struggled with for a long time. With this product, it is the same no matter what and lasts all day, doesn't budge until I am ready to remove my makeup. Absolutely LOVE it!

Other eye brow products I've used:
Maybelline, those 2 for 1 pencils (requires sharpening which I hate). I've used for years with mixed results.

Lorac's Take a Brow kit. Kinda expensive, does an OK job but would never repurchase. I have found too difficult to get the shading and shaping right.

Ulta's eyebrow combo pencil (requires sharpening). This one does a nice job, includes a little brush on one end and wax to set the eyebrows, and if it were not for the fabulous MAC product I've reviewed above, I'd be using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by krnjangmi

This stuff works really well and fast~ It's like combining 2 steps in one. Filling in your brows as well as coating them with a bit of wax. The only issue I have with this is that sometimes it looks cakey and chunky in some places. You really have to be careful when applying this, not to overdo it. And I think the product runs out quite fast and it's a bit over priced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this product in brunette and I'm in love. It's a little expensive for the small amount of product you get but I love it so I'd pay twice as much for it. I have light auburn hair & it matches my brows perfectly, they are fairly thick but have a few sparse places that need filling in.

***UPDATE*** Sadly I was just informed it's discontinued in anything except clear =( I emailed MAC customer service asking if they have any recommendations for a substitute (they suggested their brow crayon in Strut), so we'll see...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by aastew

I like this alot. It's alot easier to apply than a wax you have to brush in such as smash box. You just glide it over your eyebrows and they look very well groomed. You do have to press the wax pencil a little hard into your brow for it to work. If it was a little more slick that would be nicer but that is a small complaint. I will definately repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the brow finisher in clear. My eyebrows are naturally thick so I don't need to fill them in, but I definitely need to groom them and make sure they stay shapely all day long. I was completely unimpressed with this product. I had to really press the wax into my hairs in order for the product to really work, but that action alone matted the hairs to my face and looked completely unnatural. Not only that, but the wax didn't hold at all! When my hair fell across my face, it would brush across my eyebrows and make the hairs all unruly. I would not recommend this for natural, everyday wear, but rather just for fashion photo shoots if all you're going to do is sit there and pose. I'm going back to my CoverGirl clear mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by maconmyface

I just picked this up in Brunette at a CCO for $10-11 if i remember right. I didn't actually try it until i got home, and I have to say that I'm really impressed. Just one sweep across each brow made such a difference, and it only takes a moment to do both of my brows. The waxiness holds the hairs in place, while the brown tint makes your eyebrows look naturally thicker. This would be HG for me, but unfortunately it's limited edition. I wish I picked up more while I was at the CCO.

The downside to this is that it only comes with a small amount of product. I twisted the entire thing out of the container and it was only a few inches long. It makes me wonder how long this one stick will last me. It is pretty pricey for the amount of product you get. =[

Also, this stuff is meant to cling onto your brow hairs, so if you have sparse eyebrows this is not the best product for you. You should use pencil or powder to apply color directly to the skin. Since this is a wax, it is meant to be applied to the hairs, making them appear fuller and giving you control of the shape.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I have the Brow Finisher in Clear (the colored ones are being discontinued, FYI). As someone who has very full eyebrows, wax is something absolutely essential for keeping them in place. The finisher lasts for at least 4 or 5 hours. It is also great for use as a reverse lip liner - when I'm wearing dark lipstick, I usually apply this around the outside of my lips to seal in the color. It works beautifully. This is a great product, although I think $15 is a little ridiculous for a wax stick. If you want to go cheaper, you can't go wrong with Chapstick. While I probably will repurchase, I can't help but hope MAC will reformulate the brow shaders to have wax in them, like other brands do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this thing. I have never liked putting powder or pencil on my brows because I think it looks really obvious and unnatural having the colour on the skin.
This stick just rubs on and sticks to the hairs making them look more beefy but without actually putting colour onto the skin.
It doesn't require much skill at all and takes about 2 seconds for each eye, I do it in the car on the way to work. Love it - HG!