November 22, 2014 | 925 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by stackedgoddess

I love this product, it's become my HG and I've been using this foundation since July I believe. It gives light to medium coverage, with a luminous effect. It wouldn't be great for those looking for heavy and matte coverage. If you have rosacea and acne like me, it'll help in masking the facial redness, but it won't do much to cover your acne breakouts if you have any. But since I've been on my drug combo that eliminated most of my rosacea breakouts, I've been complimented on my near-flawless skin and this foundation seriously enhances the flawless look. Plus, if you have rosacea, the act of touching your face with anything can trigger a flush, so I love that this lets me apply makeup hands free and over any topicals that would normally peel up or flake if I were to run a foundation brush over my skin. I've discovered that if I want heavy coverage, I'll use my Armani matte silk foundation and topped with loose powder, and then I'll spray the SKII over it. I have no idea how to use the spray in tandem with blush and eye makeup, but I never wore much makeup aside from foundation anyway. Love this product, even though it's super expensive! I bought the La Prarie skin caviar foundation and wished greatly I'd tried SKII first.

2/25/10: Updated - The Air Touch Foundation is being discontinued. I confirmed this with Houston/Saks where it's sold and the SK-II website Live Chat Customer Service who said they haven't been informed yet about the discontinuance, but that it's likely since Saks confirmed it.

I'm totally bummed and hoping there's another great and user friendly airbrush foundation set out there. Gonna buy as many refills as I can afford until then.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by schubert345

Would I buy this again? YES!! Again PLUS backups! This is the most amazing piece of technology I have ever invested in. This is the only makeup I have ever tried that really looks just like skin. I can't even tell I have it on, it just looks like I have even, perfect skin! Even my friends tell me that they can't tell I have it on, and they have eagle eyes when it comes to makeup. It looks so natural, because it gives you the finish that your skin would naturally have. Not matte, but not exactly dewey... just... perfection is really the only word. The application is very easy one you get used to it, and it just makes your skin look flawless. I can put it a little closer to skin to use it as concealer, or spray 10 seconds at 4 inches away for a sheer finish. Either way, it is much less detectible than ANY other makeup I have tried, including bare minerals. I will never use another foundation again. I know it's expensive, but you can't judge this until you have tried it. Totally worth it. This is my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by SHAWNTELLE

I love this product! I don't find it as sheer as some users have said. I need a bit more coverage due to uneven skin tone and am surprised at the coverage I get from this product.
    I start with my new fave primer (Make Up Forever HD Primer) I then apply a bit of concealer to those problems spots followed by blush (BE Flowers) I have learned that it is best not to apply eyeshadow. For me it mutes the colors a bit as I like a more dramtic eye look. Also, when it comes to the blush, I go a bit more heavy handed then I normally would. Then I do a 30 second spray and PERFECTION! I will agree the drying time is a bit tedious. I live in Nevada where it is very dry and it takes about 10 minutes for this to "fit" to my face. It is worth the wait! Your skin glows like an angel and looks very natural like someone with perfect skin which I am not lucky enough to have. Yes, it is expensive, but worth every penny! I think if you use a bit of concealer first, 30 seconds or less would be ideal for most users. I highly recommend you go out and get this delightful little orb of pure joy! It is the best make up investment I have ever made!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by thpinky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i bought this from bloomingdale.com for $170 so i guess i got ripped off because it arrived looking opened and there is only 1 refill i thought there was suppose to be 2 refills? Anyways i couldn't wait to try it on after it arrives so of course i got started right away. It made my skin really smooth(even though it's already is). I think the color is a bit too white for me, maybe i will buy another color i think. I have read some other review and people say they have probelm with it being dry. I think it is because they put on too much. I put on about 2 layers and i touch my face right after i finish put it on and nothing happen. Overall i'm very happy and is going to buy again.

update: after trying it on for 2 times after i buy i am pretty satisfied with how it work. But then as the day fo on i keep thinking about the beautiful orb and i just had to try it on again. So i put my primer on and blush blah blah blah and then spray the air touch and look in the mirror and omg! i look amazing with amazing luminous skin! i can't wait until i go to school again to show off my pretty beautiful amazing skin! hahahaha and for me drying was never a problem. After i put it on it dries right away i pinch my face to see if it comes off and it doesn't. And guys i don't reccomend going over your face with powder after you put on the air touch because that will take a way the luminous way it is suppose to look. But if your face get oily then buy blot paper and in the middle of the day absorb your oil with the oil absorber sheet then spray over it with the air touch again, bring it in your purse or something. but yeah i love this! every women in this world should try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by melonbread

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase this product after reading all the reviews here. I've been using it for a few months now and I'm absolutely loving it. I don't have to worry about brushes, creams, blending, and it doesn't look cakey at all. In fact, no-one is noticing that I'm wearing foundation anymore, people just think I have awesome skin =D.

Application is very easy, after putting on a moisturizer and some blush I just spray for 15 seconds, 10cm away from my face with my eyes closed. Done! Within minutes it's dry and I've got perfect skin. Even my bf commented on how much better my complexion looked. For the first couple of days he didn't even realise i started using it, he just thought that all that water drinking was doing me good!

Previously I was using the Shiseido Pancake in Natural Fair Ivory (I4) (MAC NW20-25) and that always made me shiny by the time I finish lunch. However, with the Air Touch, I didn't have to blot all day. I kept my dewey complexion until I washed it off ^_^

Unfortunately though, today when I went to Myer and David Jones to buy refills I had discovered that everything was marked down (The normal pack was down to AU$138, around US$70). The reason for this was that SK-II is discontinuing this product in Australia, and I could no longer purchase refills.

I'm absolutely shattered!!!
    My bf though, hes such a dear, has decided to buy refills for me from korea until I find another HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by sauerkraut888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the most expensive products I'ver ever purchased, but seriously, it's WORTH every penny! Definitely HG for me. I used to struggle with tons of foundations (liquids, powders, creams, you name it...) every day. After applying, it usually took ages to blend everything in.

Initially, I wasn't really sure if I should fork out the $$ to actually buy this, but I'm glad to say that I haven't regretted it for a second! After moisturizing (super dry skin) and applying concealer (acne scars and other blemishes), I simply spray this on and let this settle for like 30 seconds. And I'm good to go! It gives my skin a flawless airbrushed dewy look within seconds. AMAZING!

Besides, if you consider the money you'd have to spend on an actual airbrush system to achieve similar results, the price for this foundation doesn't seem that unreasonable anymore. And a little goes a long way. I got this last December and despite using this every day, I'm still on my first pack (which came with the applicator). Staying power is also awesome. I don't even need to touch up during the day anymore.

I'm currently using OC-1 (NC15-20, pale with yellow undertones), which matches my winter pale complexion perfectly. Since I live in a subtropical area, I'm probably going to switch to OB-2 (slightly darker) soon. OP-1 and OP-3 are more suited for pinkish undertones. If you're not sure which shade to get (I had the same problem, because this product isn't available in the country I currently live in and I had to order it online), you can check out some of the ebay sellers, who provide more detailed shade descriptions. (Or feel free to drop me a line, if you're unsure... :) )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by FoundationFanatic

Ok i've had this foundation for a while now but havn't posted a review because i was scared i would jinx it but its been a few months so here goes:

WOOOO!
    I cannot tell you how happy i am with this foundation! and believe me i am very very picky about foundations (hence the name lol)

I have tried what seems like 100's of foundations and have found fault with each and every one - I'm not saying this foundation is faultless but its the best yet and thats saying something!

I have oily skin with those nasty flakey bits which makes getting the right foundation a nightmare as the ones made for oily skin catch on the flakes and make me look scaley and the ones made for dry skin basically make my face explode AND show up the flakey bits (i know right..) But this is so different! i mean to be honest i do have to be careful that i put a good primer/moisturiser on before hand (but thats the same with all foundations) and sometimes i find it harder to apply than others. - But do remember i'm being very picky and that i actually love this stuff :)

It's expensive but i would rather buy that than waste any more money on other foundations that just don't work. Think of it as an investment ladies :D

Also its great for when your in a hurry or for emergencies when you see someone you fancy/your enemy/both walking down the street towards you lol!

.:.TIP.:. Another of its uses is that its a great base for lip colour - just spray lightly over your lips and let set before applying lipstick - Especially before red as its a great de-pinker so the red won't change colour!!

.:.TIP.:. Although i would say this after application give it a few minutes to set before putting on powder because if you dont your powder brush will catch on the foundation and make skin looking a bit cakey :)

i use the first colour and its perfect for my skintone (i'm just slightly lighter than bobbi brown "Warm Ivory" - i can't remember my MAC colour sorry)

ANYWAY in summary: Its Great. Buy it.

.:.Update.:. - it doesnt deserve 4 lippies..... it deserves 5 :D:D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by emilylurksyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really dry skin in the winter, whenever I put on any kind of foundation it ends up looking flakey and gross. But the Air Touch Foundation stay on really well, and leaves my skin looking dewey. I am NW15 or NW20 in Mac (to make reference) and I am currently using OP-1, but it seems a little light when i need to put on more for heavier coverage, I might try OP-3 next time to see if it matches a little better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by pinkpirate

I cannot live without this foundation! I am extremely lazy and horrible about cleaning my brushes regularly, so I really couldn't have asked for a more perfect product. It does everything it promises... you put it on AFTER your eyeshadow, blush, etc. and it just makes you look like you have flawless skin and a radiant complexion. Only one word of caution, though... I would probably not recommend this for oily skin as it is rather moisturising and in the summer it tends to make me rather shiny.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chic packaging, ingenious concept . . . however this simply does not provide enough coverage for me. There are better (and a lot less expensive) foundation options on the market.