September 21, 2014 | 1853 users online

Powder - Avon - Smooth Mineral Make-up

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Terick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this in the translucent glow and love it as a finishing powder after my Revlon CS foundation. I apply the make-up really light and this is great to set it. There's all kinds of different brands out there and I think this is on par with many and the prices is extremely reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by TriHouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this on a chance. I haven't used facepower in so long. BUT I loved it.
I have not problem applying it with a brush. I tend to use a "blush brush" compaired to the small they provide. I do not use any luqids at all because of the Smooth Minerals.
I have found the price a bit high, but when I compare it to the products I have used in the past. It's worth it! Because I am not having to use extra face wash to clean my face. I clean off the smooth minerals & I have found that I don't break out as much with this product. (which is GREAT after all when you are over 30 & makeup breaks you out ... cause issues)

I have bought more of the smooth minerals from Avon because it works so well. I was actually relieved that I could find a product like this with out terrifying me of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Nosh21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first my opinions about this mineral foudation was just like everyone elses. I have it in ivory, i used to apply it with a kabuki brush not teh avon one, and it used to look extremely chalky, i even tried using a thicker moisturiser but it just didn't work!

Then i came across a video on youtube about applying mineral makeup wet, still didnt work, instead of looking chalky, it looked streaky and was very hard to blend. this is when the idea of making a tinted mosituriser out of it came ot mind.

So what i did was put a drop of my moisturiser on the back of my hand and tapped the product straight from the container on to the back of my hand, how much you put depends on the coverage you want and mixed it in to the mosituriser really well until i coudn't se and solid lumps, applied it to my skin, and it applied like a dream! Very good coverage in comparison to other foundations i've tried applying it in this way is so convenient, less messy and restored my faith in this product, ive just ordered my second one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ruthma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutley love it.

I used to use the Ideal shade in ivory, but I didnīt really liked how it applied (kind of chalky) and the color was lighter than my skin however it was pretty good on my oily skin so kept using it.... then they changed the formulation and I didnīt notice, so when I got it I ranted and ranted, until I tried it. It applies really smooth and I can layer it without looking cakey, doesnīt break me out, has good coverage, and I also donīt end up looking like a grease ball. Also, I use it everyday to go to school and when I get home I still have it on... Iīm not sure how long it really lasts because when I get home I remove it, and to go out at night I use another foundation.

The only bad thing I can say is that it looks kind of orangey on me even if it is the lightest color available in Mexico (Iīm not sure if there is a lighter one in other countries) but I am kind of used to not find the right color for me since where I live thereīs usually from medium to darker colors.

Overall itīs a great product and really recommend it.

(By the way, the first image in here is actually the Ideal Shade, not the Smooth Minerals)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

the only positive thing...it was priced fairly cheaply so tossing it wasn't a big deal. other than that, i felt like i was applying chalk to my face. yuck! didn't cover well at all and when i tried to apply more coverage in certain spots, it caked up and looked terrible. you could tell i was wearing foundation from a mile away. will never buy again...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by corkeyes

Well when I finally leant how to use this product, it was amazing. The ivory is clown white and although I am pale, I am not that pale, so I mixed it with the next shade up. Moisturise first then swirl, tap, and then press the product in with the bristles of the brush.
EDIT : Decided that I didn't really like this. It looked cakey and settled into lines

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I bought the light kit, so I got more than just a foundation. It's my second time using mineral make-up, the first one I used was revlon. Just some little thing, no kit or anything. I've been trying to go natural and animal friendly, etc.

For my first real mineral take, I'm actually very happy. Does it cover like my liquid foundation? no. But does it cover? Definitely. It gives a great dewy glow, it stays long enough, and you can BUILD the coverage. For me personally, it sinks into my skin. And the best part is, I'm actually less oily than I would be with my liquid foundation. All in all, I love it. Except the kabuki brush, it hurts and is flaky with the bristles.:/

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by 862sdh

Not a fan. Its not a nice, silky, fine milled product. The colours are not the greatest. Its hard to apply evenly with the supplied puff (here it comes with a puff not a brush) and the puff wears out after about 1/5th of the products use ,meaning you have to buy several more puffs. The pot does last a really long time though. It doesn't hold my oily's at bay very long, although it does seem to wear all day. Also it stains my bathroom sink and tub really badly. All in all, not a winner and will not be buying again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Bassclef

This is a decent *light* coverage foundation. It's a powder in a sifter jar that comes with a small kabuki brush. I have the shade Nude, which looks slightly orange in the jar, but the product is so sheer, it matches my neutral-cool complexion fine.

It just doesn't *do* much. It's a nice powder. I didn't find the coverage noticeable enough to designate it as foundation. It also looks slightly shimmery in the jar, but on your face that just translates as dewy glow, which is nice, but so natural-looking, you may as well not be wearing the product. I'm going to try it with my Essence of Beauty kabuki (HG!) and/or my Face Secrets flat-top brush. It's not a bad product, but there are cheaper, better powder foundations at the drugstore. (Or try the Bare Minerals, which this appears to be attempting to emulate.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this , but I bought the wrong shade in Nude. Nude is under the light shades so I thought it would be a close match. It's slightly orangey and way too dark for my complexion. I am Casper the ghost shade pale right now, so it could be my mistake. The coverage is great, creamy and buildable! Feels great on my skin, and has a "glow" The glow can be more of a shiny later in the afternoon though. I'm sort of bugged by the fact that my face looks orangey and not the color of my neck. May have to mix or buy in the lightest shade. Overall a good product, and worth trying out.
UPDATE: I changed the rating on this because it started giving me this small bumps on my skin. I noticed it would happen right around the time I'd wear the makeup! I am now using Everyday minerals for my foundation. Also as I mentioned, the shade was off and "organgey" and seemed to get worse throughout the day. At the end of the afternoon, my face was a disgusting oil slick, the makeup tended to to migrate and not stay in place. Gross! I liked it at first because it was creamy and almost a liquid, but it really disappointed me later. I would skip this foundation!