Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber EDT [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

on 5/17/2010 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I received this from a lovely MUAer. It is a gorgeous fruity scent that really does remind me of warm brown sugar. There is something in this fragrance that i have smelt in another perfume. Not sure which one but it is very familar. What i love about this is that even though it lingers on clothes it never gets cloying. This scent is so true to its name.

on 4/30/2010 2:47:00 PM

I love this scent! I keep trying new things, I am currently on a Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci obsession phase haha, but I keep coming back to this.
I agree that it is more of a winter scent but I still wear it at night year round. It is so affordable as well. It looks kind of cheap in the bottle but for the price I don't mind. I absolutely love this scent! I will not be without it.
It is strong and a little goes a long way. That being said, something about the smell is just delicious. So many people recognize it as well. Can't rave enough about this.

on 1/15/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Won a 2.7 oz bottle of this in a magazine contest, woo!

Wet: A bit fruity, but spicy and warm.
Dry: The fruity note is still the most obvious scent on my skin, but there's a lovely amber/sugar-y scent underneath.
Dry (a few hours later): Smells a bit like burnt/caramelized sugar and amber, the fruit note is barely detectable. Still yummy, but not in the way the initial scent was. A little let down, but it's not the end of the world, since the scent is still quite nice.

In all, it's a good warn winter scent, and quite cheap at that, but it's nothing extraordinary.

on 12/30/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I usually avoid BBW beyond candles and aromatherapy stuff and I've always liked this in the candle version so when I got it as a gift I was pleasantly surprised. It is a very nice scent . . . . especially for BBW. Decent dupe for VR Flowerbomb. I will not likely repurchase as I'm still not inclined to do BBW fragrances, but would accept this as a gift again.

on 12/27/2009 2:59:00 AM

I bought this earlier in December for 15 dollars, B&B was having a lovely sale as usual. I sniffed through every bottle, and this one caught my nose the best. I've never been so in love with a scent, especially one that's so far out of my taste (I love escada, and fruity scents, etc!)

I need to buy the body mist one day, so I can have it on the go. It lasts pretty long, and the scent is a friendly linger. All in all, I wish it lasted longer, because it could. But, I wear it everyday, and although it's a winter type scent, I'd do it in the summer too. It's that great.

This is my everyday go to for fall & winter staple fragrance! I have over 30 perfumes and I wear this one the most. I love the deep, creamy, sophisticated scent. The price isn't too bad either. I will definatley repurchse once I run out.

on 12/7/2009 6:35:00 PM

I bought this when I met the woman who created it! After our meeting (long story) I stopped into a Bath and Body Works store and tried it on. It is fabulous! Not cloying at all, like some ambers can be. It is a very original take on Amber/Oriental. The price is right too.
I'm so proud of my friend and can't wait to see what she creates next!

Here's some background: I showed up at the hospital to be induced into labor. All the beds were full, so the nurses asked my husband and I to take a quick jaunt to the nearby mall while another bed was freed, and I'm so glad that happened.

I'm a gourmand perfume wearer - I enjoy just about anything that smells like a baked good. However, the only scent I wear from BBW is Vanilla Bean Noel because Warm Vanilla Sugar smells a little too much like rubbing alcohol for my taste, and leaves me with a headache.

The Husband and I weren't planning on buying anything, but there was a great sale on candles in the store, so we stopped in. I noticed Sensual Amber on the shelf and took a whiff. I'm not the type to use bombastic phrasing, but it blew me away. I bought an EDT and two body splashes right then.

Better than a year later, I still adore this scent. And I've finally come to the conclusion that a woman pushing 30 probably shouldn't wear foodie-type perfume anymore. I've read women here who say they only wear it during fall and winter, but I disregard that rule. The scent makes me feel like woman, and has won me over to woody/oriental perfumes. I honestly can't say enough about Sensual Amber other than I've replaced Estee Lauder's Pleasures Delight with it my as signature scent.

on 11/27/2009 3:17:00 PM

The whole Sensual Amber line is great. It's definitely what I would describe as sensual, sexy, mature, and warm.

This is a very sexy scent, and the EDT is a good formula. It's great for fall & winter since it's so warm. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because the smell can get very cloying and overwhelming if you use too much, and you lose the more delicate notes that you can detect in lighter doses of it. Use sparingly!

Popular Fragrances